• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I still haven't played Arkham City yet. I thoroughly enjoyed Arkham Asylum but haven't gotten around to playing the sequel. Origins just seems...really unnecessary though. The Arkham games have some pretty unique gameplay and I don't think it lends itself to annual (or even biennial) franchise installments. Of course, I've always said Assassin's Creed shouldn't be annual too, and look how that turned out...and they keep getting worse. >_>

Years
Probably won't be getting Origins after hearing it's basically the same game as City. I don't know, I'm just not that into the franchise. I really really really enjoyed Arkham City though (haven't played Asylum). I'm actually interesting in that new Lego Marvel Superheroes. Has anyone played it yet?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Probably won't be getting Origins after hearing it's basically the same game as City. I don't know, I'm just not that into the franchise. I really really really enjoyed Arkham City though (haven't played Asylum). I'm actually interesting in that new Lego Marvel Superheroes. Has anyone played it yet?

I contemplated, and will probably be waiting for a price drop on Origins and Lego Marvel Superheroes. I love Marvel but really am not that big of a fan of the Lego games. The last game I played was Lego Batman 2 on 3DS. I mean, the game was good but it didn't really wow me. I did read about the new Lego Marvel on Gameinformer though and supposedly it's supposed to be a great game!

Started playing Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time last night and I'd have to say that the game is amazing! Such a step up from the first game, I was wowed when I started the game. When Bartholome killed the little boy, Ezio's dad and brother I wanted to punch my TV. Ugh. That's when you know a a game is good!

@Morkula, Arkham City is really good! I beat Arkham City and never beat Asylum but I have played both. Personally, I liked Arkham City more.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Lego video game series. ): I've played only two Lego games in my life—Star Wars III: The Clone Wars and Lord of the Rings. I've gotten a hold of the first for absolutely no charge when I was buying an eighty-gig hard drive for my Xbox 360, and the latter was given to me by a friend. They weren't all that bad, but… I just didn't like how the characters weren't able to talk. The only thing they did was make noises and facial expression, which I found to be a bit awkward.

Assassin's Creed II was great! I've played it for about six times already. I loved how emotional the storyline made you feel—it had the ability to drag you deep into the game. Once you're done with AC II, you should give Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a try, which is the direct sequel. Give AC: Revelations a chance as well, the follow-up to Brotherhood. (: You could jump to AC III if you like, or maybe even IV (which was released just a few days ago in the US), but they're completely unrelated, though.

I have Batman: Arkham City for my 360, but haven't been able to play it though, as I was distracted by plenty of other games. Currently, I'm playing through Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land (I've finished them once already, but decided to give them another go since they were quite fun). Once I'm done with those two, maybe, then I'll probably give Arkham City a try. Few of my friends have played this game before, and according to them, Arkham City was great… so, yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing it! ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's great news! I was really looking forward to them releasing it here. xD The Zelda 3DS has got one of the best looking designs ever, in my opinion. I love how it has a gold-colored shell, and the triforce logo at the front is just simply beautiful! I was thinking of buying the red Pokémon X and Y 3DS at first, but this… I just gotta have. Zelda 3DS is a bit pricey, though. Most special-edition 3DS systems cost around two hundred dollars, but this costs two-twenty—twenty dollars extra. Oh well, I guess it's still worth it.

I've been planning to get my hands on a 3DS XL for a while now. I currently have one of those small 3DS, which were released about two years ago. They're all right, but I just don't like how short their battery lives are. They last about six hours, and that's only if you have the brightness turned down. If you have it raised, though, then the batteries last even less. When I get the Zelda 3DS, I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with my current one… I might hand it over to my sister, as she's been wanting to have a 3DS for quite a long time. d:

Years
Today I have been whistling Saria's Song, all day.
It was stuck in my head so bad I notated it and then learnt to play it on piano and guitar. It's actually really pretty when you give some of the chords 7ths.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Soooo...

ps3vsps4_zps4755089d.jpg

Gavin shared this pic earlier, and I thought this might be interesting to share here, comparing the PS3 visuals with the PS4 visuals. What do you guys think?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
It's normal in the first wave of titles during a console's launch that they barely look any better than the past gen - especially this time, since we're used to pretty good visuals anyway, and even moreso with PC graphics being noticeably superior than the last gen of consoles. It takes a year or two for developers to learn the hardware and be able to unlock the system's true potential.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm actually surprised, but not, at the same time. Since the PS3's been out for a number of years, developers have had time to fine-tune and test all their graphics libraries for their games and give them their best, but since the PS4 is coming out later this month, there's still hidden potential. System updates could give more access to hardware, plus time will have passed in that libraries can be updated for these systems to bring about the sharpness that the PS3 has, and will eventually never have.

I just hope so. Waiting for the PS4 is a decision I made, so I wonder whether it will be worth the cash and time. Along with that the generation jump may still not happen (PS4 COULD potentially flop) so there's a risk of games there.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I just hope so. Waiting for the PS4 is a decision I made, so I wonder whether it will be worth the cash and time. Along with that the generation jump may still not happen (PS4 COULD potentially flop) so there's a risk of games there.

I really hope the PS4 launch titles are worth getting, they usually tend to be a let down for newly released games.

Also, with the PS4 being equal in power with the current high end PC, it ought to be good.

Floette

Fairy Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
I just got Tales of the Abyss for my birthday on 3DS. Anyone else played it? Thoughts/ideas?

Zet

Years
I really hope the PS4 launch titles are worth getting, they usually tend to be a let down for newly released games.

Also, with the PS4 being equal in power with the current high end PC, it ought to be good.
Well the PS4 has been delayed until february next year in Japan so there will be more games on release.

Years
I'm still torn between which next-gen console to get. I've always been an Xbox guy (before transferring to PC gaming) but the PS4 looks quite amazing.

TY

Ill be getting the PS4 for sure, always been a PS guy, and i quite like the PC too

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was planning to buy Xbox One at first, but then decided not to. It's more expensive than the PS4. PlayStation 4 will be three ninety-nine in the US, while the XBO is going to be nearly five-hundred dollars. It's got a premium online service as well; if you want to play games online, then you must pay a certain amount of bill every month. PS4 will be doing the same thing, but their online services wouldn't be too pricey. Also, the Xbox One has a built-in Kinect system. Every time you have the console turned on, it would be able to detect even the slightest of movements—ruining your privacy. So, yeah… due to all these reasons, I'm choosing PS4. Rumor has it that PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Xbox One performance-wise, but can't be confirmed until they're actually released. d:

TY

I was planning to buy Xbox One at first, but then decided not to. It's more expensive than the PS4. PlayStation 4 will be three ninety-nine in the US, while the XBO is going to be nearly five-hundred dollars. It's got a premium online service as well; if you want to play games online, then you must pay a certain amount of bill every month. PS4 will be doing the same thing, but their online services wouldn't be too pricey. Also, the Xbox One has a built-in Kinect system. Every time you have the console turned on, it would be able to detect even the slightest of movements—ruining your privacy. So, yeah… due to all these reasons, I'm choosing PS4. Rumor has it that PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Xbox One performance-wise, but can't be confirmed until they're actually released. d:

They will make you pay for online with the PS4?
That would be ridiculous since you didnt need to pay to play online with the PS3

Years
In my opinion, Xbox Live should be pricier than Playstation Online. It has some really nice features and, something I will try, it's compatibility with Windows. Also, as proven through the last few years, Live is more secure and reliable than Playstation Online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back