• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Party screen's Ball graphic matches the Pok? Ball the Pokemon was caught in

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Party screen's Ball graphic matches the Poké Ball the Pokemon was caught in

UPDATE!

This script is now compatible with Essentials v20.1 as part of my Enhanced UI plugin. Refer to that plugin for the features found in this thread.

This allows the ball type that the Pokemon was caught in to be displayed on the party menu; replacing the default Pokeball icon that is used for every Pokemon. This is just a visual mod, but some minor coding is required.

Here's what the final results look like in my game:

Poke Ball, Premier Ball, Friend Ball, Dive Ball, Great Ball, Master Ball
r057u5s.png

Lure Ball, Luxury Ball, Moon Ball, Nest Ball, Net Ball, Quick Ball
lUutlH0.png

Fast Ball, Dusk Ball, Heal Ball, Heavy Ball, Level Ball, Love Ball
gBkGf7m.png

Repeat Ball, Safari Ball, Sport Ball, Timer Ball, Ultra Ball, Cherish Ball
sR0Y7PT.png

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
It's a cool feature! I'll definitely use it.
Thank you for sharing it!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Why just don't use the numbers of balls? And it will take less lines

Code:
@pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballdesel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBall#{@pokemon.ballused}")
 @pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballsel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBallSel#{@pokemon.ballused}")

Years
I thought about doing this in my own game. I think I didn't because I didn't want to make graphics for every kind of Pokeball. Unfortunately, your art style doesn't mesh with my game, or I'd use your sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
i have this, but dont show all tipe pokeball, only show pokeball :S look
Spoiler:

Espurr have a Masterball but the show a pokeball :S

here the script
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
i have this, but dont show all tipe pokeball, only show pokeball :S look
Spoiler:

Espurr have a Masterball but the show a pokeball :S

here the script
Spoiler:

Remove the second instance of
Code:
 @pokeballsprite.changeBitmap(self.selected ? "pokeballsel" : "pokeballdesel")
end
At the bottom of all the new code you added. It's overwriting all of the changes. My fault, i think i overlooked that part in the instructions.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Remove the second instance of
Code:
 @pokeballsprite.changeBitmap(self.selected ? "pokeballsel" : "pokeballdesel")
end
At the bottom of all the new code you added. It's overwriting all of the changes. My fault, i think i overlooked that part in the instructions.

thnx it work :D !
T6krd2R.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Why just don't use the numbers of balls? And it will take less lines

Code:
@pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballdesel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBall#{@pokemon.ballused}")
 @pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballsel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBallSel#{@pokemon.ballused}")

If that works, then awesome. Ill try that whenever i get home.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Edited Step 2 that was giving some people issues (due to an oversight on my end). No reason why it shouldn't work now.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Now even with these changes is giving Syntax Error

The script works without Syntax Error but did not realize changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The script works without Syntax Error but did not realize changes

Hmm...so it's working now? I admit, i changed it from memory, because i wont be home until tuesday to look at the script first hand. If the changes didnt work, its probably because it's missing an "end" after the line that comes after "else".

EDIT: Changed it once more, see if that works for you now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
The scripts do not give Syntax Error only do not work and this latest edition is as before

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The scripts do not give Syntax Error only do not work and this latest edition is as before
Look at my response to akane159's post, and see if that resolves the issue. Im 99% sure the only problem is that one line of code is overwritting everything.

Last edited:
Years
This script is great and it works fine, Thx for sharing this. By the way where i can find graphics for anime balls like:

Pikachu ball, crystall ball, team rocket ball, g. s. ball, dream ball, dark ball (4movie), pokemon bug contest anime, kanto safari ball anime, old pokeball and so one?
Im not good at making graphics.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
This script is great and it works fine, Thx for sharing this. By the way where i can find graphics for anime balls like:

Pikachu ball, crystall ball, team rocket ball, g. s. ball, dream ball, dark ball (4movie), pokemon bug contest anime, kanto safari ball anime, old pokeball and so one?
Im not good at making graphics.

I cant help you there. I just used google images to find a free set of graphics of all the balls, and then cut, resized, shaded, and retouched them by hand. Its a really tedious process. Unless youre really lucky and can find something usable online, youll probably have to make them yourself.

Years
ok, thx for the info.

Well since I often do this sort of thing, and I plan on making the Gold Ball and Shine Ball that my OC would use, I suppose if you want, I could do the custom ball graphics you need done as well.

Basically just using one of the Poke Ball graphics and tweaking it to another color and design, not that hard to do to be honest.

Years
I'm not good at making graphics or some scripts. But i'm good in making events a little bit of programing, organization, mapping etc.

Back