• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Yea I am just answering my... found it... ask some Nintendo people this morning....
So their answer is : NINTENDO 3DS CAN NOT CONNECT TO WPA2!!!!!
which really sucks ... like tremendously sucks!!!!
Well that is if you are using a regular DS games!!!

To clarify:

This is only a restriction on regular Nintendo DS software.

Nintendo DSi software along with any Nintendo 3DS software can connect to all networks, unsecured, WEP, WPA AES/TKIP or WPA-2 AES/TKIP.

Pokémon Black and White are DSi-enhanced software meaning that they will connect to any network as long as they're being played on a DSi, DSi XL or a 3DS.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
What nature should I try to catch Zekrom with in Pokemon White?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Okey so I have a little problem....I thought that my Seismitoad will be able to learn HM Waterfall and some Ice type moves, but nope....

I beat Hoenn games xxx times with my Swampert which is exactly same type, and he was able to learn Waterfall, and ice type moves ...so I was literally shocked, because none of my team is able to teach that HM, and I hate switching pkmns in my party only for reach some stupid water :D....and I need Ice type moves for Dragon Gym, because I´m planning to catch Deino at Victory Road, so I haven´t any Dragon type PKM yet (and I dont want to train a PKM which will be send to PC shorty, experience is priceless in this game :)

So I wanted to switch Seismitoad for another PKM, but all water typer in Gen V are ugly, or weak....except of Tirtouga, but I am an idiot and I pick the wrong fossil back then (Didn´t knew that Seismitoad sucks) so I have Archen know :D

So I tried to pick the only great Ice Type PKM in this game (Beartic), but he is unable to learn Waterfall too :D ...Iam always playing with PKM that have a great design(or which desing or LOOK I like), I a dont care if they are weak or strong...

So with my broken english, I will appreciate your help....and If not, I will probably beat Dragon Gym with my already overlevelled team, and I will be forced to switch for my HM slave that knows Waterfall everytime, when I see that stupid water :D....
Never assume that a pokemon have an affinity to use a said attack. Look up your info on Online Dexs like Serebii, Marriland, Bulbapedia, Psypokes which lists attacks, locations, and farther info. I suggest going with Jellicent since it can learn Ice Moves and Waterfall. And it is a decent pokemon imo with a decent movepool.

What nature should I try to catch Zekrom with in Pokemon White?
Depends what set you run. If it is a Mixed Attacker then Lonely/Naughty. If it is the other competitve sets like Choice Ban and Scarf then it go with Adamant or Jolly. Not to say this is for competitive but this natures are preferred for Zekrom.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
So i was fighting the E4, and i got to the Ghost type guy ( forgot his name ) and i was batling cofagrigus, and i was using shadow claw on him, it was taking just under half his health off, so i done it twice and got him down to about 10?. The guy used a full restore, and i was like"dam"! but ok i will just go again, but now my shadow claw only takes off around one tenth of it's health? can someone explain this to me please?.

Thank You.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
It might be a stupid question and everything but do trainer natures do anything..?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
So i was fighting the E4, and i got to the Ghost type guy ( forgot his name ) and i was batling cofagrigus, and i was using shadow claw on him, it was taking just under half his health off, so i done it twice and got him down to about 10?. The guy used a full restore, and i was like"dam"! but ok i will just go again, but now my shadow claw only takes off around one tenth of it's health? can someone explain this to me please?.

Thank You.

Are you sure the first time you used Shadow Claw wasn't just a critical hit? Critical hits do happen to occur more often than usual with this move, so perhaps when you used Shadow Claw and he used a Full Restore, it attacked as regular without a crit that time.

I think what it may have also been was the occurrence of Cofagrigus's ability, Mummy. I guess that would depend on which Pokémon you were actually using with Shadow Claw though, but if the ability your Pokémon contained helped raise your attack, Cofagrigus's ability changed it to just mummy. Mummy doesn't really do anything but take away your ability, and it does this when your Pokémon uses a move that physically touches Cofagrigus.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
You're not far enough in the game. I think you have to beat Team Plasma in the Dreamyard before you can do the things in the 2nd floor in the Pokemon Center.

Now for a question of my own: where do I find the IV guy? I know that he's in the Battle Subway, but I can't find him anywhere. I tried all the rooms in the Subway and I couldn't find him. Maybe I missed one of the rooms... In other words, what specific room of the Battle Subway can the IV guy be found in?

*The IV guy is the guy who was introduced in Pokemon Emerald. He is the one who determines the quality of a Pokemon's IV total and its highest IV.
I don't know about pre- or post-N's castle, but he's not in any of the 'rooms' per se . . . he's in the main hub of Gear Station. His overworld sprite is the same as an Ace Trainer, so you should see him as soon as you walk down the stairs. :3

Years
In my Pokemon White game, it still says it is Autumn. In my Pokemon Black game, it says it is Winter, but there is no snow or any difference from Autumn. What gives?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
In my Pokemon White game, it still says it is Autumn. In my Pokemon Black game, it says it is Winter, but there is no snow or any difference from Autumn. What gives?
Is your time correct on your DS? Are you using two different DSes? You need to save for the changes to take place. Your game COULD (and probably isn't) be corrupted.

Years
Is your time correct on your DS? Are you using two different DSes? You need to save for the changes to take place. Your game COULD (and probably isn't) be corrupted.
I use the exact same DS for both games. :/ And I have saved and whatnot several times since it was supposed to change to Winter.
Shouldn't it notify me if my game is corrupted? And I can't really see how it would be corrupted..

Lifes-A-Beach

Skilled Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I use the exact same DS for both games. :/ And I have saved and whatnot several times since it was supposed to change to Winter.
Shouldn't it notify me if my game is corrupted? And I can't really see how it would be corrupted..

-weeper, I'm pretty sure you have an AR, so just use that to change the season to winter if possible.

Also, What is a critical capture? When I see this, I have no clue whatsoever what people are talking about.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
"In Generation V, there is a chance of a critical capture, where the Poké Ball will only shake on the ground once, thus providing a higher catch ratio. When a critical capture occurs, the Poké Ball will pause in mid-air, shudder, and make a metal noise. Critical captures occur about as often as Critical hits, making them quite rare; however, even with such a small chance of occurring, a critical capture still presents a massive boost to the overall chance of capture for Pokémon with a catch rate of 3, who may have odds as low as .4%. However, a critical capture is not a guaranteed catch. It is possible for critical captures to fail, especially with Pokémon of lower catch rates."

Quoted from Bulbapedia on Critical Captures.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years

You have to change location for the season to change.

IE: If you saved in a Pokemon Center, your game will keep saying Autumn until you leave.

Also, the snow is not everywhere. It is mostly around Icchirus (spelling?) City and Twist Mountain.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
I finally reached Black City today and I read that there's supposed to be at least 12 residents and a market somewhere I guess. But...my Black City is completely empty except for the Pokemon Center T^T

Where exactly is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back