• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I recall over 400 (or was it 40) species have homosexuals...

and only one with homophobia

Actually, here's the correct one:
Spoiler:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Everyone's like: "I swear you're gay, Adrian."

O.O

...How do you know me!?

Nah I'm sure it's a coincidence...<.< >.>...anyways...

I KNEW animals can be gay! Even more of a reason to hack sexuality in Pokemon! What do you think, each Pokemon will have a sexuality and will be affected by Attract as such. Even Daycare results. As much as I would love to actually work on this, I have no idea how. T_T

Further reading of that Wikipedia article shows that ANAL SEX IS NATURAL TOO! Take that homophobics!

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome to johnny18! It's never too late to join :)

U_Flame has given me a great idea for a question!

How would you feel if homosexuality were to be somehow included in Pokemon - be it in the games, the anime, the manga or any other format. Do you think it's appropriate for a franchise aimed at children?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It'd be good to promote its normality at a young age - however parents will never agree on that... It'd be so cute seeing Ash with a guy though x3 And would explain the countless non-relationships he's had with his partners. That, or just because he's 10...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Welcome to johnny18! It's never too late to join :)

U_Flame has given me a great idea for a question!

How would you feel if homosexuality were to be somehow included in Pokemon - be it in the games, the anime, the manga or any other format. Do you think it's appropriate for a franchise aimed at children?
I wouldn't care... but this is pokemon we're talking about. The show that banned a character completely for being the color black.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
It's completely appropriate, in my opinion. As homosexuality is becoming more accepted, I think Pokemon having a gay character would be a great example to children that homosexuality is completely normal and should be accepted. In the games, it would be interesting to have a feature where the character gets in a relationship with either the same gender or opposite gender based on actions taken in the game.

EDIT: Maybe since Unova is based on New York, and gay marriage is legal in New York, they would show a gay marriage taking place in one episode in the Best Wishes series. Just a thought. :)

I wouldn't care... but this is pokemon we're talking about. The show that banned a character completely for being the color black.
What??? When did that happen, and which character? I wouldn't think it's Brock, since he stuck around through the DP series.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

I don't see anything wrong so long as it's tastefully done. I remember a few years ago there being controversy about a book being banned from a school because it was about two princes falling in love. Sounds like my kind of fairy tale.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I think it's completely appropriate!

Honestly, I don't think it's too far off. Maybe not in Pokémon, but certainly somewhere in a childrens' franchise. Society is slowly, slowly accepting homosexuality as normality. It's only natural to begin teaching this at an early age. Someone just needs to step up and be the pioneer in this territory.

/in before Sesame Street

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
If people were making such a fuss that Jynx was supposedly racist, I don't think homosexuality in Pokemon games would go over too well with people. Sad, but people will always find something to complain about.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
As much as I'd welcome homosexuality in the Pokémon games, there'd be much protest about the inclusion of homosexuals (it'd be funny to hear Michele Bachmann go on a rant about POKAYMON) and it would most likely never be included.

Last edited:

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
I feel like it would be completely appropriate.

As someone has already said, I feel like it is best to get children used to it while they are young (although controversial) will make it easier for them to understand when they grow up.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
On second thoughts, I'm starting it think it could be inappropriate. Not because of the theme itself, but just because there's never really been any kind of important romances in the show. They could certainly bring in a homosexual couple as two characters in a random episode as trainers or something, but the show has never focused on the main characters having relationships before, so why should it now?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
^ I'm gonna agree with that. It'd be okay for other anime series, but Pokemon cares nothing for romance besides Misty crushing on Ash in the dub, and Drew handing May a rose once or twice. I guess there could be subtle hints like such between two guys or two girls, but aside from that it would be out of a place. Granted, there has been noticeably gay characters, like Harley for one, but eh.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
[Welcome to johnny18! It's never too late to join :) - Thanks ^_^

I think it would be appropriate because it can give the our new generation a new look about homosexuality and make it more likely to be accepted in all over the world as a natural thing. If it is about pokemon, I think it does not matter as pokemon is just about adventures and challenges and bond of friendships rather than a relationship between two people.

Back