• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy turned quickly when he heard a voice, and saw that Rosalyn was there right next to him. She apparently thought something was wrong with him, and Jimmy stopped walking.

"Humph. There's nothing wrong with me." he growled and kept moving, still turning around to see if anyone apart from Rosalyn was following him.

Smokey was looking around as well, watching from above him. Jimmy then looked at his egg. His face showed a combination of worry, anger and anxiety. He was very sure that someone was after him. But he didn't want to open up to Rosalyn about this.

"Just watch out." Jimmy muttered.

Then Smokey made a sound. But, since he was a floating sphere full of gas, he was not able to point what he had seen. And since Jimmy could not understand Pokémon language, he didn't know what Smokey meant. But he knew that it wasn't good news. Then the Koffing quickly moved forward, like if trying to shield Jimmy from something. But, unluckily, he was too slow and something hit Jimmy's left knee, making him get on his knees and scream in pain. He clutched the egg and looked at it.

"I-I knew it!"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn's eyes widened when Jimmy fell to his knees with a scream of pain "Jimmy" she cried out going to his side quickly calling out Jazz. Something didn't feel right and she had a very bad feeling but she was going to try to stay as calm as she could as she stood by Jimmy "who's there, show yourself!" she yelled looking around them "Keep an eye out Jazz" she said to the squirtle who nodded up at her and stood in front of her and Jimmy.

"What Kind of coward throws something at someone. huh! To afraid you'll get beat if you show yourself!" she yelled clenching her hands into fists. She was feeling angry and was looking around more.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy was in pain, and tried to stand up again. Luckily, whatever was thrown at his left leg didn't damage it as much as it did with the other one. He tried to get up, but was unsuccessful. He had to let go of the egg in order to get back on his feet. And he was certainly not going to do that.

"Come out!" Jimmy yelled.

Smokey floated forward, ready for whatever would come. He blowed some smoke and growled. Jimmy, in the meantime was starting to ask questions inside of his head. Why was this girl being so nice to him? Why did she seem to care so much for him? But all of those questions vanished when a ovice interrupted his train of thought.

"Oh, my. It seems like you have a new...friend." the voice said. Then, apparently out of nowhere, a kid appeared. He was sporting a Suicune Dorm jacket, and Jimmy instantly recognised him. "And an egg...Hehehe...Interesting..."

"You...Again..." Jimmy said, his eyes full of angeras he clutched his egg, "This time, you ain't getting away! Smokey, use Psybeam on that pest!"

Smokey then fired a Psybeam right in front of the kid. It didn't hit him directly, but it hit the chunk of land in front of him and made him fall on his back. Jimmy looked around after unsuccessfully trying to get up again. Then he felt the egg move again. He looked at Rosalyn.

"I can't believe I'm actually gonna do this..." Jimmy thought.

miley810

Assassin
Years
Carter Collens​

Carter stared out the window, heart pounding. All she wanted was this boat to dock at her long awaited destination. She had left her twin sister behind for this, so it'd better be good. But what if it wasn't good? What if it was a total disaster? What if she didn't fit in? Carter sighed. Just then, she heard the speakers click on. They docked!

Carter jumped out of her seat and dashed off the boat as quickly as she could. She found herself on the grounds of the school soon, and she blinked blankly. Well, here she was. Now, how the heck was she suppost to get to? She glanced around, hoping to find someone. Well that failed.

She walked into the main-looking building and looked around, carefully walking, knowing it was Halloween and dreading it a bit. She groaned under her breath as she looked around for someone.

"Hello?"Carter called."Anyone here?"

She was totally out of her safe-zone here. She hated going new places, expecially without Cole. She held her necklace that Terrence gave her and felt herself pale slightly. She was alone. And nobody knew her. This wasn't compterable for her. She needed to run back to the boat, go back to where she belonged. But she knew she couldn't.

"Anyone, hello?"

(Sorry, that's the best I can do. I don't know if this is a good acurate first post, but once I get used to the flow of things I'll do better I promise! And I appalogise for taking so long, I've been soo freaking sick lately!)

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star grinned and stood proudly. 'That Psychic type cant get me!' She thought. She noticed the Torchic getting even faster by using Flame Charge. Star was a little frightened by the idea of a faster opponent. The Kirila started trying to act cute. Star giggled as the heart formed and hit the Zoura. "Attract? What will that do? Their both females!"

The Torchic was getting in the way of fainting Lea. "Star, hit the Torchic with Shadow Ball. Then go for Lea and Feint Attack her!" Star formed a ball of darkness and shot it to the fire bird. She then ran up and tried to hit Lea with a Feint Attack while the Torchic was either getting hit or dodging Shadow Ball

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn narrowed her eyes at the Suicune boy that had shoved her out of the way before she met Jimmy. "you should be ashamed of yourself. Attacking people." she shook her head at him "I don't know who you are but I don't care. I'm not gonna let you hurt my friend again and if your going to try your gonna have to go through me you coward" she hissed making Jazz glance at her in surprise. In all the time he had known her his trainer had never gotten angry before.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark finally caught his breath and began to speak. "H...Hi!..." Mark said as he stood up straight. "Don't mind me. Just ran over here. Halloween is turning out great so far! I got two trainers scared out of their pants! It went perfectly!" Mark said excitedly. He looked over to Valorie as well.

"Hiya Val! You doing alright over there?" Mark asked. He was pumped to go explore the forest!

Snype looked up at Jello.

"Evening! How's Halloween faring for ya?" Snype asked.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

"Wow. I'm impressed, Raikou boy. This girl cares a lot about you." the Suicune Dorm kid said and chuckled.

He was clearly trying to upset Jimmy, and so far it was working. The rebellious-looking kid's eyes turned to Bryce, full of fury. He clenched his teeth as he kept struggling to get back on his feet.

"But enough talking. Time for me to take that egg you're carrying." Bryce said, "No offense, Raikou boy, but I'm more capable of taking care of it."

"K-Keep dreaming, punk!" Jimmy yelled, "Smokey, use Psybeam on him again!"

"Druddigon, Zangoose, come out!" Bryce said, sending out his Pokémon. "If you wanna do this the hard way...Let's go."

Jimmy looked at Rosalyn again, having given up on standing up and clutching the egg. He hated to admit it, but he needed her help. He couldn't get Grim or Starr's Pokéballs at the moment, and if he fought the Druddigon and Zangoose at the same time...Well...He would get creamed for sure.

"R-Rosalyn..." he mumbled as he felt more pain.

Alice Crenshaw

Alice smiled at Mark. She was happy that he had fun at Halloween. And what he said about pranks made her remember previous Halloween nights in Nimbasa City, getting a whole lot of candy wandering the streets with a costume...Good times.

"Well, um, I'm glad you had fun!" she said happily to him and giggled.

Meanwhile, Jello woke up when he heard Snype's voice. [What? When? Where?] he mumbled sleepily, and yawned. He had fallen asleep without even realising.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn glared at the boy before glancing down at Jimmy "the eggs not yours to take" she said putting a hand on Jimmy's shoulder as the boy "I'll take the Druddigon, you take care of the Zangoose" she said low enough for only Jimmy to hear before looking at Bryce "your right, I do care about him, he's my first friend and he's way better than an arrogant jerk like you" she said smirking "I can't stand people like you always thinking they're better than everyone else. Your not! now Jazz use Ice beam on Druddigon!" she yelled and the Squirtle jumped in front of her a small ball in the color of ice blue forming between his paws sending a beam of ice blue at the Druddigon.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy nodded weakly and turned his angry eyes to Bryce. "You're going down!" he yelled as the Psybeam Smokey fired hit the chunk of land in front of Bryce, making him fall on his back again without hurting him.

"Zangoose, Hone Claws!" Bryce commanded, "Druddigon, you hit Koffing with Dragon Rage!"

The Druddigon then fired some weird-looking blue flames at Smokey taking some energy from him before the dragon got hit by an Ice Beam. Bryce was unaware of Rosalyn taking part in the battle, and thus couldn't tell his draogn to dodge.

"Well, if you wanna play that way, fine. I'm still taking that egg." Bryce said in an arrogant tone and chuckled.

Jimmy got even more upset, and his eyes were filled with even mroe fury. "You punk are going to regret you ever crossed my path!" he screamed, "Smokey, use Psybeam on Zangoose! Let's get this over with!"

Smokey fired his beam at Zangoose, who was unable to dodge and fell on his back just like his trainer before it.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(OoC: Like Kilik, I'm not giving up!)

Kilik Chambers

Great. That Torchic cuts in with Flame Charge to save Lea. That should've been Psy earlier. Why hadn't Kilik used Faint Attack first instead of Shadow Ball earlier. This'll dread for the rest of his life. Kilik has decided. His new training partner will be Kat. He'll be able to learn how to work well with someone. She'll be told about this after the battle.

Lea attempted to use Attract on Mistress. What...? "Sssay, Mistress? What do you think about maybe calling off this whole fighting thing and hhhanging out? Maybe get to know eachother..?~ ...Please?" That totally disgusted Mistress, making a gag sound with her tongue out. Her? Hang with Lea? Is she trying to make Mistress dislike Psychic types more?

"Are you kidding? You're asking for it missy!" She gagged at her. She doesn't even know her? & that flirting thing, sick! They were both females! The worst of it was that heart that sprouted to Mistress. How she hates battles. She'd rather go pranking & tricking people than this.

Star had shot a Shadow Ball at Torchic, then attempted to tackle Lea with Faint Attack. Better join with that. "Mistress, same as before." Kilik said to Mistress. She smirked again at Lea, joining with Star & disappeared behind a rock, then near Olivia & Kenshin, then at Lea. Now for the tackle of Faint Attack, making sure not to bump into Star.

"This time, they lose." Kilik said to Kat, though not looking at her at all or even a smile. He's focused this time, no mistakes. This time, no miscalculations or underestimating them.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
The Shadow ball aimed for Arya scored a direct hit and sent her backwards, being a super effective move. Arya took a moment to shake it off, and then flied towards Aipom. Looking over the battlefield, Oscar could see that Pikachu was busy with Diglett, so Aipom was his target apparently.

''Uh...'' Oscar took a second to think over what move Arya could use against Aipom, since normal-type Pokemon was unaffected by ghost-type moves. Luckily, it was also the other way around. ''Uh...oh yeah, that could work! Arya use Psywave!'' Arya started to focus, closing her eyes. Her outlines started to glow a light blue color and she shot her eyes wide open, sending out a couple of light blue rings filled with energy at high speed towards Aipom.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Kenshin just. . . blinked at Olivia for trying to have Lea use attract on Mistress. Okay just. . . the Zorua's owner obviously called her Mistress. He heard it clear as day. The name Mistress sounds like a girl's name. Usually the move attract only worked on opposite genders.

Course, Kenshin then got distracted by the thought of what if Mistress was really a guy, or the same for Lea? He knows at least one guy named Lea believe it or not Lea can be used as both a guy or a girl's name, even if it is seen more often as a girl's name but a boy named Mistress seemed rather odd.

Oh right. Battle. Kenshin looked back to Torchic just as the Shadow ball was coming near them. "Torchic! Use Fla-"

Too late. Shadow Ball just kinda knocked Torchic back against a rock. Well darn.

Kenshin returned Torchic to his pokeball. Well, Torchic deserved the rest anyways.

"Alright Pikachu, you're up!" Kenshin called as he quickly let out Pikachu. So both Dark Types were about to attack with Faint attack huh? Only one shot at this.

"Pikachu! Flash attack!" Kenshin called out. "Then use Quick attack!"

Pikachu let out a blinding flash of light on the field. Namely to distract the Umbreon and Zorua. Pikachu then moved at a really fast speed as he attacked both the Umbreon and the Zorua.

miley810

Assassin
Years
Carter Collens

"Well then, no one's here."Carter grumbled under her breath and walked outside.

Carter cupped her hands around her mouth. She closed her eyes. She hated doing this, but she wasn't gonna stray around all night looking for someone in this huge place. She took a deep breath.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"She hollered.

It sounded weird to yell like that. She looked around. Halloween creeped her out, expecially sense she was here, a place she didn't know. What if she couldn't find someone? What if she had to wait untill someone came back? That could take forever! And then she'd die of starvation, and her pokemon'd be stuck in their pokeballs forever!

"Okay Carter, calm down."She said to herself."Someone will come soon."

Carter felt lonelyness seeping over her, so she released her pokemon.

"Indigo, Loretta, Noah, come on out guys!"She called releasing her pokemon.

"Anybody?"She called cupping her mouth again.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn shook her head again still frowning "your not gonna win this" she taunted smirking at him "I can't wait for you to go to your friends to tell them you got beaten by a Raikou boy and an Entei girl who's first day it is" she chuckled glaring at the boy. This boys arrogant attitude had struck a nerve in her reminding her of her oldest brother who had always been the worst when picking on her. That brother was the reason she ran away when she did "Jazz use Ice beam on Druddigon, then follow with Gyro Ball" she said.

Jazz fired another beam of ice at the Druddigon before going into his shell and spinning at a high speed right towards the dragon Pokemon.

Rosalyn meanwhile took a deep breath and looked down at Jimmy "I won't let him take your Pokemon Egg" she whispered.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy didn't hear what Rosalyn said to him. His eyes were full of fury, and his mind was focused on teaching this Suicune Dorm kid a lesson. It seemed like he was going on a blind rage. Still on his knees holding the Egg, he told Smokey to use Psybeam on Zangoose again, and then hit him with Tackle. Smokey nodded and fired the beam at Zangoose, only to charge at him afterwards.

Bryce then ordered Druddigon to use Dragon Rage on Squirtle and Zangoose to use Swords Dance. He managed to dodge the Psybeam, but couldn't avoid the Tackle from Smokey.

Then Jimmy remembered something. It was an event that took place in the mountains. He was fighting this kid when all of a sudden something put him to sleep. He took a look around and then looked at Rosalyn. He was going to warn her about this, about these kid's daddy tricks. Why? He didn't know, but he convinced himself that it was to win the battle against Bryce.

"Watch out." he whispered, before turning his eyes to the battle.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn looked at Jimmy as he told her to watch out "watch out? for what?" she whispered able to guess that this kid wasn't going to be fair. Jazz tried to dodge the Dragon Rage but the attack hit and he skidded back landing on his back in front of Rosalyn. "are you okay Jazz? can you keep battling?" she asked worriedly before looking shocked as Jazz handed her the everstone he was holding. "your ready to evolve now buddy?" she asked getting a nod in response.

A few years back Jazz had found an everstone and kept it because for some reason he didn't want to evolve. "if your sure Jazz.. now Ice beam on Druddigon" she smiled putting the stone into her bag as Jazz faced the Druddigon again and fired another ice beam before glowing white.

(OOC: since Squirtle evolves at 16, and mine is 21 I took the everstone to evolve it now :) )

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Druddigon tried to dodge the Ice Beam, but it ended up hitting one of his wings, leaving ice all over it and making it a bit drowsy. Zangoose then charged at Jazz with Shadow Claw, but was stopped when the latter started to glow. Smokey then fired a Psybeam at it that it was unable to dodge. This time, however, Zangoose got dizzy. Psybeam managed to confuse it!

Jimmy didn't know what was going on with Rosalyn's Squirtle. He had never seen a Pokémon evolve before. He started to wonder if his Pokémon could do the same thing.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

Valorie somehow found Alice's answer... sad. She wasn't sure what to say to that, but not being able to enjoy a holiday anymore was definitely unfortunate. What if the teachers gave out rare candies, or--Mark? Valorie's thoughts were drawn at the mention of Mark. She turned her head and lo' and behold Mark had arrived. He also spoke up and asked her a question. Huh. Alice must've just been a quick draw on noticing him.

Valorie: "I'm fine."

Meanwhile, Shu the Yamask floating around Valorie's shoulders heard Snype mention Halloween and his expression turned sour. The two pokemon currently out might overhear him ranting quietly to himself, though he was not using telepathy and so the humans would not be able to.

Shu (Valorie's Yamask): "Oh... sure! Mock the dead..! It's all fun and games until you /become/ the dead."

Shu's angst went unnoticed by Valorie, as she couldn't understand him unless he let her.

Valorie: "Listen... guys. About the forest."

Valorie looked away. Shu's attention was grabbed.

Valorie: "It's really dangerous... There's rules against going there. We could get hurt, or worse..."

Was Valorie chickening out? Only she knew the real reason. To others it might just appear she was scared.

Olivia Wolf

People give their pokemon really strange nicknames Kenshin Lea just sort of made a defeated expression upon being mocked by Mistress. FEELS BAD MAN Great, there went her pride. She just sort of didn't respond to Mistress. Sometimes she really wanted give Olivia a good scolding. Regardless, Mistress disappeared and Lea tensed, looking around her expectantly. Before she could brace herself she was tackled by Mistress, just sort of emitting a squeak and being sent across the ground. When she came to a still it appeared she was down for the count. Olivia paused to consider this.

"...Alright Lea! You did a good job, return!"

After returning Lea, Olivia selected her third pokemon, deciding that a certain someone needed experience too.

"Alright Myra! Let's go!"

A piplup emerged from the ball and totally started staring down the opposing dark types.

"Now, Myra, Signal Beam!"

Myra sucked in a breath and proceeded to spew a rather sinister looking beam of bug-type energy at Kilik's zorua, Mistress. A bug type attack would be super effective against dark types, and in addition to it's perfect accuracy had a mild chance at confusing whatever it hit. To keep in mind other weaknesses, zorua was a frail pokemon, especially when put up beside an umbreon which would make it look like a frail branch that would break in a strong wind.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth bowed her head and... actually said something completely unintelligible in response to Takumi. It sounded vaguely like some sort of goodbye, but it was as if she was speaking another language. A language that didn't exist anymore. Reality of course was that this was a word that wasn't so much from another language but just had become almost completely extinct since her own time. Nothing short of having read some very old literature that hadn't been changed or adapted to the modern language would teach you what it meant.

Then apparently the two girls were alone one way or another, whether they'd just moved out of the library or Takumi had. The important part was they were alone. Anna made a few comments and Elizabeth simply nodded her head in agreement, assuming that Anna probably knew better about this sort of thing than she did. Which is to say she probably would've agreed even if Anna had said something completely wrong. Regardless, food was brought back up and Elizabeth actually smiled at this. 'All-you-can-eat' was probably a bad thing to let a girl who didn't know how to pace herself do, but Elizabeth was unhealthily underweight as it was, so perhaps it was for the best. When Elizabeth spoke, one could clearly hear the excitement in her voice.

"O-okay, let us move!~"

...Had she just used the term 'okay'? When one thought about it, that was kind of strange. Yet, she'd had plenty of time to pick up common words and even some phrases.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn grinned as Jazz glowed white and she saw the attack freeze one of Druddigon's wings. "great this will be over soon" she thought looking at Bryce and smirking at him as the glow around Jazz faded and were a Squirtle stood a minute ago there now stood a Wartorle. "Jazz Ice Beam again then use Aqua Jet" she said and Jazz fired another Ice beam at Druddigon before rushing forward surrounded by water.

"I'm sure your Pokemon will evolve at some point. I know Koffing evolves into Wheezing" she said to Jimmy with a smile.

Back