• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Mega Power (Completed Beta 5.71 Released)

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
"The power of mega evolution... Will it change the future?"

Introduction:
Neil/Tyra, a gifted scientist of Ivara Region, is trying to create a powerful Pokemon called Mewtwo. Neil/Tyra did it. However, this is not enough for Neil/Tyra. Because he/she want to make Mewtwo stronger. He/she want to turn it into a Pokemon which can mega evolve without ordinary mega stones, but unluckily, he/she has no money to keep it up. When he/she thinks that he/she has to give it up, a man called Kasper showed up. This man is a businessman, what's more, he is the leader of Team Delta, a mysterious organization of Ivara Region. He said that he can help Neil/Tyra to finish his/her experiment. Neil/Tyra has no choice, he/she joins Team Delta. However, he/she is still wondering, why did Kasper help him/her? Should he/she trust this man?
Features:
New regions(Ivara, Lande, Sevii Islands), new gyms(Of course)
All mega evolutions
Some 4th gen, 5th gen, 6th gen and 7th gen Pokemon
Some new tiles(Maybe a bit rough,it's not easy to draw them...)

Screenshots:
pokemon_mega_power_pics_by_wind1158-d7h3dy4.png

mpb1_by_wind1158-d81fycb.png

mpb3_by_wind1158-dbtqkal.png

mpb5pics_by_wind1158-dbtqjqd.png

Tools Used:
ADVANCE MAP 1.92
ADVANCE TRAINER V0.9
UNLZ-GBA Beta1
CrystalTile2
YAPE 0.9
OverworldEditorRE
FSF
XSE
...and some more tools(I cannot remember if there's any other tools used)
Credits:
MrDollSteak - New Type hack
Percy, who helped me to add the Repel System.
Punkysaur, who fixed the beginning introductions.
Jambo51/jirachiwishmaker - Pre-battle Mugshot
jiangzhengwenjzw - Expand Trainer sprites, party delete routine and so on
Strange Kid - 40% of the grammatical corrected dialogues and the backsprites of players(In fact, he made some more amazing sprites for me. However, for some reasons, I couldn't use all of them.)
...Did I forget anyone?

For the new V5.7:
twitchplayspokemon for the music patch, Chris for the very cautious and detailed beta testing and jiangzhengwenjzw for helping with fixing a great amount of glitches.

The following Pokemon are not obtianable in the main storyline, so I decided to make them obtainable in the Adventurers' Club. Enter the passwords, and you'll get them.
Suicune: 7X9B5L4K08
Entei: 55V3Y7I823
Raikou: 12DE7F4G1K
Type: Null: 6TY79855C7
Keldeo: 9B7YJ015C9

Support Bar:
pokemon_mega_power_bar_by_wind1158-d76u5oy.png

This cover is made by Aron_90. I'm very appreciated for this.
user527718_pic79584_1435782944_zpsrhrhyyjh_by_wind1158-dbu7pt9.jpg

This new version was throughly tested by Chris and many glitches were taken out thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw, now most glitches from all previous versions should be gone. Also, there're some new additions:
A new event was added, now you need to capture Mewtwo before facing Rayquaza, and once Rayquaza is captured, the new event will unlock a new form of Mewtwo.
The music was fixed a little bit more.
PSS Split system was redone, now the category icon is shown.
Exp Share system was redone thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw's help, now it works exactly the same as how it should be in generation 6, and it can be turned on/off through a key item.
The movepool of all fully evolved Pokemon was redone, several new moves were added and some old moves were made to be more useful, like the HMs and so on.
The cries of Pokemon were corrected, also, the sprites of the Pokemon from the later generation were adjusted a bit.
It's possible to fly to all towns, this wouldn't be possible without jiangzhengwenjzw's help.
Also, with jiangzhengwenjzw's help, there are features like making a Pokemon shiny were added.
So, this new version should be way more stable than the previous ones. However, the old save file will not be compatiable with the new version, because the whole save data structure was greatly changed.
pokemp-s.png

Download link of the updated Beta 5.71(The save file from the versions before Beta 5.7 won't be compatiable with this):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/86z7d2ptm38oej5/Mega_Power_Beta_5.71_Fixed.zip/file
Beta 5.71 is a major hotfix which fixed the Pokemon storage system. Please update the game if you downloaded the previous Beta 5.7.

Oliva R.'s Pokemon location/Hidden Items guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...lwfB09dxDEvluZhsfiBodtbrYgA7MqtLn39tA8gQi/pub

The walkthrough of this hack:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xa2rrnsvf8ktnw4/Pokemon Mega Power Walkthrough.txt

P.S:This hack is 100% completed. I think most glitches are fixed now.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I need to find time to play all of these awesome rom hacks getting released lately!
I'm still currently playing one of your other games. Great storyline dude!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Sweet hack man. Story is great, battle backgrounds look sweet, tiles look good. Really love the city in row 3. So far my favorite city. Great features man. Getting now to play. Good luck with it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
WOW. I'm completely blown away by those battle backgrounds, they look utterly incredible! Nice to see a split-storyline as well, those are always great =) Good luck with this project!

Years
Going to play this when it's finished. It looks amazing. I've beat both Victory Fire and Resolute, but this one looks improved. I love the trainer sprite (Looks like a edited version of Prof. Avery from Resolute. :P) Anyways, good job on this one. Keep progressing (:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 12, 2023
Maybe its too early to report bugs but I found one and thought you should know as soon i get out of the cave and try to take the item on the lower left side of the screen the game freezes

AstralComet

PKMN-Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
I've started playing it and I noticed a bug. If you loose on the first road, you end up in the next city. Whatever, my first impressions of your hack were very good though, but I'm stuck. I talked to Kasper in the city, but now I do not know where to go. Can you tell me where I have to go?

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Woah! So many new hacks comin' out!! Anyways, I really like those battle backgrounds but the sprites kinda looks Off for a reason, It looks so jagged and wavy. Might I suggest using MrDS's sprites in his 6th Gen Sprite Resource project? I'm not a spriter but this hack is seriously looking GOOD...

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Dude, This Totally Awesome i love the Battle Background & the Split-Storyline,
1158, Good Luck With This:) i'm Supporting This

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
This looks great. I love everything but the pokemon sprites in battle they need some work. I suggest using Chaos Rush and Mr.Dollsteak's sprites because of how good they look, \and for the fact that they will make this look so much better. That being said; keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing how this will end.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
I would like to point out that when I played it during the beginning bit when you and the aide talk to the intruder the aide (female in this case since i was playing male) wound up with a pallet error but in that room only because when i got back to the first room she was fine. I shall look to see if it happens when playing female as well.

EDIT:It occurs with the male aide as well.

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
This looks pretty Interesting, I'll be looking forward to play it when first alpha or beta comes ! And Mega Evolution Idea is good. And Persian Statues are making it more beautiful! Good Luck

Back