• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

cha-ching ????

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
cha-ching 💰

Not all games are made equal, and some games are pricier than others. I don't just mean the initial cost either, but DLCs, in-game purchases and the like all add up.

So, which game do you think you've spent the most money on? If you've never bought add-ons or in-game stuff, what was the most expensive game you bought (maybe LE, special edition, etc)? Do you know how much you've spent on it total? Was it worth it to you?

TY

and i feel ashamed of it

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Xenoblade 2. Bought special edition for myself, another copy for my friend, and I'm gonna get the season pass whenever my dad isn't too lazy :p totals up to... $190? I want the persona 5 take your heart edition tho, which goes for like, 220 now...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've spent about 300 on FFX and X-2. I bought one copy of each when they originally came out, then replaced X twice from used game stores, bought the remaster on the vita before losing the system, then bought it again for the PS4. To me, it was certainly worth it.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I spent about €50 in credits on Habbo Hotel as a child. My mom did not like me sneakily stealing her phone as a child to send text messages to the pay service.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Smash Brothers for Wii U

Initially, the game was probably around $40.00, but I bought some of the DLC characters.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Payday 2 probably. Somewhere around $215 on DLC and $40 on the main game.

GUYS! THE THERMAL DRILL! GO GET IT!

Years
I probably beat most people out of the water, having spent around $1-1.5k USD on a single app's IAP. The characters and game itself are very important to me but I won't lie and say there weren't times where I regretted purchasing. Since there's a gacha system in the game you're not guaranteed good pulls and will sometimes end up without high rarity or duplicate cards. I'm not addicted to spending on it or anything since this was over quite a bit of time and I've heaps saved up so I'm nowhere near going broke or anything, but bah (⌣_⌣")

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I probably beat most people out of the water, having spent around $1-1.5k USD on a single app's IAP. The characters and game itself are very important to me but I won't lie and say there weren't times where I regretted purchasing. Since there's a gacha system in the game you're not guaranteed good pulls and will sometimes end up without high rarity or duplicates cards. I'm not addicted to spending on it or anything since this was over quite a bit of time and I've heaps saved up so I'm nowhere near going broke or anything, but bah (⌣_⌣")

This is why I try to ignore mobile games. I played FFRK a couple years ago and spent around 600 on it trying to get a certain character. I'd like to play the Kingdom Hearts mobile game and the Fire Emblem one, but have been staying away from them so that I don't make that same mistake.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Without a doubt I've spent the most on League of Legends. I have over 300 skins and not to mention other cosmetic in-game enhancements like icons and ward skins. I can email Riot and get an exact amount but I'd be afraid to see the number. I'm pretty sure it's over 1.5K lol.

I probably beat most people out of the water, having spent around $1-1.5k USD on a single app's IAP. The characters and game itself are very important to me but I won't lie and say there weren't times where I regretted purchasing. Since there's a gacha system in the game you're not guaranteed good pulls and will sometimes end up without high rarity or duplicates cards. I'm not addicted to spending on it or anything since this was over quite a bit of time and I've heaps saved up so I'm nowhere near going broke or anything, but bah (⌣_⌣")

Sounds a lot like DBZ Dokkan Battle. I really only buy in-game currency when I have a little money to spend. There are some who have spent at least 2.5K on in-game currency for pulls lol.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Hitherto I've spent the money on Origins, that being fifty dollars. I'm the poorest one here xD

AC Origins? How is that? I've heard it's the best since ACII which inspired me to replay ACII

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I've probably spent close to $3,000 on WoW, mostly on subscription costs over the past nearly 14 years. About $50 for the base game + $50 for 6 expansions, and several hundred on character services. However, I've actually made all of that back by selling a few characters years ago for several grand. *blows Sheep back out of the water*

Other than that....probably Fire Emblem: Fates. It basically had 3 versions + DLC, and I probably spent around $130 on it. However, if you count amiibos as DLC, then the answer is Breath of the Wild as I have 16 different Legend of Zelda amiibos - which is about $240 worth, plus over $100 for the master version. Most LEs and special editions I have are in the $80 range.

inb4 someone has all of the Train Simulator DLC

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I really didn't spend a lot of money on games, let alone on DLCs or paid content. Most of the ones I got were cheap or on sale, but the most expensive game I bought was probably Gran Turismo 5, I got it for €45. I always loved the series since the 2nd game and I was eager to get the 5th one after playing the 4th version on the PS2.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
I remember spending most of this 50$ Play Card my mom got from someone on this game called King of Thieves. I wanted to use it on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X (aka Union X), but I know my sister would be mad at me if I did. Needless to say...I deleted the game at some point. And I never want to talk about it ever again. The rest was spend on buying some good games like Reigns and Downwell. Next time, when I get another card to redeem, I'm spending it on Union X or Fate/Grand Order.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
The Rock Band series. I bought the band kit... then the kit with the keyboard... and tons of DLC songs... and somewhere along the way I bought Band Hero, so that's another drum kit, guitar, and microphone...

Back