• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bitter Enemies (Zangoose vs. Seviper)

Which Pokémon do you choose?

• Total voters
Years
zxwh2Bl.gif

For generations, families of Zangoose and Seviper have been feuding with each other, generally over food and territory. The feud between the two species has been going on for so long that even being in proximity with one another will trigger their defense mechanisms, in case they're in for a fight. Despite this, they don't have a lot else in common- they just really hate each other! If you had to back Zangoose or Seviper though, which would you pick?

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Zangoose just seems like a weird design to me. So Seviper wins for me. Plus, the more snake Pokémon the better! Oh, and Jessie had a badass one in the anime. I'm pretty sure that's it up there in the .gif you used, fighting off all those Zangoose.

Years
Zangoose. I actually really like its design and find it very cool. Used a few in RSE back when I was a kid, and they have always served me well. \o/

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
This is actually really hard because I really like both butttt I have used Zangoose a bit more for various reasons so we're going with him.

Years
I like both design-wise, but Seviper's design just takes to the next level of cool! Look at the color scheme! He is my choice!!! Armored Seviper. In 2019! Let him become as awesome in battle as he looks one day.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Going with Seviper as well! Not really a fan of Zangoose's design - I don't really see the mongoose in it, and something about its face, markings, design in general give off a very "designed by a kid who thinks this looks edgy and cool" vibe to me, lol.

I think the relationship with Seviper is cool though, how it's based on the whole mongoose vs snake thing. I like the concept!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Zangoose. Seviper is fine, but I would have honestly liked it better if it wasn't both slow and frail and pure poison.

Years
I think Jessie's Seviper in the anime was a solid replacement for her Arbok, and it actually had some good moments, which is why I prefer it over Zangoose.

Sirfetch’d

Seviper easily for me. While I do like Zangoose I am a sucker for Poison typed Pokemon and Seviper is one of my favorites in that regard. It's really powerful and has an expansive movepool that makes it really fun to use in a play through.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
KInda surprised at the current votes! I prefer Zangoose - it just looks cool and also more distinct (despite being a Normal type). I do recall it having cool animations back in Colosseum/XD, such as its fainting one. Never really used Seviper to be fair, but it just never got my interest.

Years
I like them both, but Zangoose is one of my favourite offensive Normal-types, so I'll go with it. Seviper is cool, but there are better Poison-types and snake Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I like both of them a lot but I think Zangoose is the one I like just a liiiitle bit more. I have good memories of Zangoose from an OC of my sister's back when we roleplayed (like... from a very very very long time ago. The memories are still fond in my heart though) and Zangoose's shiny is also nice and pretty and blue.

Honestly if it wasn't for those memories though Seviper would've been the winner bc of Jessie's Seviper lmao.

Years
I prefer Seviper. It has a better colour scheme and just looks sleek. Zangoose is alright, but it has never been a pokemon I have even considered adding to an ingame team.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Zangoos looks so awesome, mongoose-based Pokemon
not siding with rival - so Zangoose will always win for me

love it more for the design and the species, more than anything else

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Zangoose is cool, but I have to pick Seviper on this one. I just think the design is neat. :)

Last edited:
Back