• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I'm playing this hack atm and have a few questions:

- What would be the best nature for the misteryegg?
- Are there any major changes to old pokémon?
- Is there some place where I can see all the available fakemon? (sprites only would be fine)

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
how do you max out beauty though? the contests an that side of the games i have never bothered with b4 lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
How do I get a moon stone?

Depends if you have rock smash,surf, willing to go to the back of meteor falls(get there by going north of rustboro), and surf when you get inside right of the entrance just to pick up a item called moonstone.

monos89

Unskilled Veteran Trainer
Years
I'm not sure if it's come up before, there are a lot of pages on this thread, but whenever I enter a place with fog all I can see is the fog and my character sprite. Oh and Strength rocks apparently. I can't see the ground or anything though. It wasn't a big deal in the tunnel near the beginning, but in the Frigid Way I really need to see so I can navigate the ice floor puzzles

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I'm not sure if it's come up before, there are a lot of pages on this thread, but whenever I enter a place with fog all I can see is the fog and my character sprite. Oh and Strength rocks apparently. I can't see the ground or anything though. It wasn't a big deal in the tunnel near the beginning, but in the Frigid Way I really need to see so I can navigate the ice floor puzzles

Do you use No$gba? If you do, then that's the problem. Use VBA instead of No$gba.

monos89

Years

Do you use No$gba? If you do, then that's the problem. Use VBA instead of No$gba.

Yeah, that's what I've been using. I can't get it to run in VBA for some reason, I tried the flash 128k save thing but still got the white screen problem

Yeah, that's what I've been using. I can't get it to run in VBA for some reason, I tried the flash 128k save thing but still got the white screen problem

Nevermind, I just needed a clean ROM, running Snakewood on VBA now. On a related note, could anyone help me transfer my save from NO$GBA to VBA?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2012
For whatever reason after I patch my rom and try to run it I just get a white screen and cannot fix it. All of the other patches worked just fine. Just not this one for the hack I want to play most. :(

Ok nevermind After some searching I found the save type thing in vba. Now if I could get it to work on my psp Go.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Please help. I'm saved before fighting senex on the mountain, but whenever I beat him, I get transported to the watery place of doom. I've seen a few other people with this problem but no straight solution. Someone mentioned settings? I'm on vba, my save type's 128, I have it on real time clock... How do I fix this without restarting?

monos89

Years
Please help. I'm saved before fighting senex on the mountain, but whenever I beat him, I get transported to the watery place of doom. I've seen a few other people with this problem but no straight solution. Someone mentioned settings? I'm on vba, my save type's 128, I have it on real time clock... How do I fix this without restarting?

Okay, when you set the save type to flash 128k did you click flash in the options above that, or is it still set to automatic? I also saw somewhere that real time clock might cause problems, but I'm not sure. Hope this helps

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2012
I have a problem, I can't make it work in the emulator! I tried patching many different ruby roms, but it never works, the screen is just totally white and nothing happens.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Well would changing it now help? From what I tested with your suggestion, the script still won't run. Maybe I have to restart. Is there someway to transfer saved data or pokemon?

monos89

Years
I have a problem, I can't make it work in the emulator! I tried patching many different ruby roms, but it never works, the screen is just totally white and nothing happens.

Have you done the flash stuff? If you changed the save type and still have the white screen, it could be the rom. I was going to post a link to where I got my clean rom, but I don't have fifteen posts so I don't have that privilege yet

Well would changing it now help? From what I tested with your suggestion, the script still won't run. Maybe I have to restart. Is there someway to transfer saved data or pokemon?

I don't know how to help you with the script problem. As to save files, it should be as easy as copying the .sa1 file for the game, but I can't really help there, I've been trying to transfer my save file from one emulator to another without any success

Last edited:
Years
Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere already (I don't want to read 99 pages, and the search function isn't finding anything relevant) but is there a clear way out of the -madio section of Mt. Pyre? I keep trying all sorts of combinations of ladders/doors but I'm not making any progress in the cave. Are we supposed to just go in the ladders/doors over and over again until something new happens?

Great hack, btw. I'm having a lot of fun, but this area is infuriating.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere already (I don't want to read 99 pages, and the search function isn't finding anything relevant) but is there a clear way out of the -madio section of Mt. Pyre? I keep trying all sorts of combinations of ladders/doors but I'm not making any progress in the cave. Are we supposed to just go in the ladders/doors over and over again until something new happens?

Great hack, btw. I'm having a lot of fun, but this area is infuriating.

I recommend you to watch the Let's Play videos on youtube. I myself took about 15 min. I tried various combinations of entering and exiting.....and finally managed to get out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I don't know how to help you with the script problem. As to save files, it should be as easy as copying the .sa1 file for the game, but I can't really help there, I've been trying to transfer my save file from one emulator to another without any success[/QUOTE]

Well thank you anyway for getting back to me. I'll try this too. Btw, nice profile image :)

Back