• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LARP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Weird question but I just suddenly remembered something my friends and I would do as kids - did any of you LARP Pokémon (live-action roleplay)? Maybe you would pretend to be trainers, though I distinctly remembered playing as Pokémon and my mom watching from the sides would just laugh at how dorky and stupid we were, running around screaming "Chansey, Chansey!", "Bulba", "Pika-pi", etc.

Or if you attend conventions and do cosplay, is this something you do as an adult/however old you are now?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
When I was little I used to pretend to be a Pokemon with my sister and all the other kids we would play with.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
We totally did this as kids. We'd swim in my friends pool pretending we were Water-type Pokémon.

Years
I can only remember doing this once or twice as a kid with my friends, and I ended up getting to be Professor Oak and the Pokedex, since I knew the most about Pokemon. Better than being a Slowpoke or something, haha.

string555

Banned
Years
I can't really remember pretending to be the actual Pokemon, apart from one Pikachu Halloween costume when I was like 8, which was cool. :D

I do remember pretending to be trainers with some friends and having battles with imaginary Pokemon. And of course growing up with cats, I often pretended they were my Pokemon. :3

Well, okay, I still kind of do that with the cats, in a small way. A few times I told my cat Sashy to attack my other cat, just joking, but one time she actually did it. XD

Years
Nope, but I did pretend to be batman. Running around my house and looking back at my cape/blanket fluttering in the wind. Until the day I decided I'm superman and jumped from a tree.... It didn't end well. -.-

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I definitely played pokémon and/or trainer with my friends, we used to play on every recess in like 4th grade in a corner of the school yard. Fun times!

Nowadays I totally pretend my cats are pokémon sometimes and try to pit them against each other but mostly they don't obey my orders. I guess I don't have enough gym badges.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
In primary school, we had this game where we'd pretend to have battles. We'd be trainers commanding imaginary Pokémon on the playground.

Years
Sadly not, at least I don't think so. :< While I did have friends that were into Pokemon then, I don't think it was ever something that crossed our minds to do.

Cup0Joe

Watashi no adana wa Satoshi desu
Years
Yes, I use to do Scyther's cutting motions, turning in circles. I also pretended to be mewtwo, putting marshmellows on my thumb, index and middle fingers, twirling my hands, imagining he can control the weather (before Pokemon the First Movie came out).

Back