• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
is there an easy to use program compatible with emrald that can edit in battle pokeon sprites

If you mean the spirtes you see in battle then yes. In the toolbox there should be wichus advanced generation tools. They should do the job.

G33K

The guy you will someday work
Years
@G33K: Don't want to seem like I'm advertising, but I'm in the process of creating a script generator, actually, and I've only seen one other existing script editor (PKSV, I believe?). It probably won't be of any help because it can't do much at the moment, and it's more for those who already know how to script (but are just lazy).

thanks ill check it out but ive been doing some reading on script editing and it seems easier than i thought so i might not have as much of a need for a script editor.

ok i know im asking a lot of noobish questions but does anyone know the offsets for tile molester of the words "ruby" and "version" in ruby's title screen?

Last edited:

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I am currently making a new hack in a new region, and I was wondering:

How can I make and completely new map tiles?
How can I insert them into tools such as advance map?

Thanx in Advance

streetbackguy

Whats an Internet?
Years
When I try to seach for a value in UNLZ-GBA, the image doesn't show up what the value represents. Instead it shows this.

Any idea why?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
Thank you Equin for your help. It worked perfectly. Now I just have one more question... I changed the Professor Oak sprite at the introduction, and now I need to change the background colors and the oval that he stands on. Can someone please tell me the numbers in unlz.GBA that bring up those things?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hi, I am currently making a new hack in a new region, and I was wondering:

How can I make and completely new map tiles?
How can I insert them into tools such as advance map?

Thanx in Advance
You can find some custom-made tiles at the Pixel Art sub-forum. When you're ready to insert them, you can follow this tutorial and insert them into Advance Map to map your hack with the tiles you wanted. You'll need to replace the old FR/LG/R/S/E tiles with the new ones.

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
Me again...

I'm Trying to edit the pictures of the trainers (specifically gym leaders) but what i don't know are two things:

How many colors can I use maximum?
How large can Trainer pictures be?

also, Say i use colors from Giovonni and a Beauty (Fire Red). Then insert it over Brocks Trainer image, how do i set it so the pallet stays the way i want? can i just edit Brocks pallete first? or will it do it on its own?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Me again...

I'm Trying to edit the pictures of the trainers (specifically gym leaders) but what i don't know are two things:

How many colors can I use maximum?
How large can Trainer pictures be?

also, Say i use colors from Giovonni and a Beauty (Fire Red). Then insert it over Brocks Trainer image, how do i set it so the pallet stays the way i want? can i just edit Brocks pallete first? or will it do it on its own?

Maximum colors you can use is 15 + 1 for the background. And the sprites have to be 64x64. And to make sure the palette remains the way you want it check off "Export Palette" in unLZ.gba

Thank you Equin for your help. It worked perfectly. Now I just have one more question... I changed the Professor Oak sprite at the introduction, and now I need to change the background colors and the oval that he stands on. Can someone please tell me the numbers in unlz.GBA that bring up those things?

The background colors should already be present in APE. Alternatively you can use vba's palette viewer to locate the palette and edit it with a HEX editor.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
hi guys.Im new at hacking so I wonder if you could tell me how to translate a rom with a hex editor.Its so complicated.

Thanks by now.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2023
Hello folks,

again a question.
Is it possible to start in you're bedroom in ruby? if yes, how do i do that

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
It's because of the palette numbers... It has to be divisible by the number 8. You can manually edit thorough Irfanview, or save an .act palette file using something like Adobe Photoshop.

It still isn't working. By "palette numbers" do you mean the RGB numbers, HSL numbers or that both need to be divisible by 8?

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Quick Question:
How do i enable the national pokedex in ruby, i want the character in my game get it at the begging of the game.
I know how to do it in Emerald and Firered, but im having trouble finding it in Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
I just have a quick question. In XSE, I know the "warp" command warps you normally, and warpteleport warps you with a teleport effect, but what how do you make it so you can warp with a flying effect?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Quick Question:
How do i enable the national pokedex in ruby, i want the character in my game get it at the begging of the game.
I know how to do it in Emerald and Firered, but im having trouble finding it in Ruby.
Put this into a script after giving the player the regional dex:
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back