• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Shining Pearl

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Both

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
I had Diamond as a kid, but I'll try the remake for Pearl. Plus that will have Slowpoke in it, which means they will likely throw in Galarian Slowpoke.

Also I want to play with Purugly for the meme irony.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Years
I'd love to know what logic people use to decide which of a pair of identical games they're going to get when they know nothing about them.

Legendaries xD
That and guessing the exclusives based on the previous ones!

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
Years
My partner and I usually get both and each pick one to keep, but can play the other whenever. I'll have access to both, but I'm not sure if I'd prefer Pearl since that's the one I've got, or Diamond since it's a little different!

Years
  • Age 33
  • uk
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
I am getting Shining Pearl, my two brothers are getting Diamond, in the last game we all got shield, doing the dex was so painful never doing that again

Years
I'm gonna be getting diamond, hands down. It has the cooler looking legendary, cooler legendary types, and it had cooler version exclusives in the OG games.

Years
tallying up the scores right now (giving both games a point for the 'Both' option) it's 22-11 in favor of Brilliant Diamond. looks like Dialga's winning handily~

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Brilliant Diamond for sure, as I chose Diamond version back when they originally released. I have no doubt in my mind that I'll end up getting the other copy at some point as well, if I enjoy them.

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
Years
I will probably buy Shining Pearl. I previously played Diamond, because I really liked Dialga on the cover. At that time I didn't know about any edition differences and in hindsight I would have preferred buying Pearl.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I think I will get Shining Pearl. I like the pastel colors in its background art. I also like its logo. Another reason is that I got Diamond version for the DS, and I like changing things up. (e.g., I've picked White and Black 2, Moon and Ultra Sun, etc.) It lets the experience be a bit more different, and I like seeing covers that look different in my game collection.

Back