• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] A question about Essentials.

H e a p.

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 23, 2022
I was trying to make my own fangame called Pokemon Paragon, and today, this is a test:

Could the Pokemon Essentials can be used in other RPG Maker installments aside from XP?

JulyArt

New Developer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
The short simple answer would be 'no'. It would require 'quite' a lot of effort. The development of Essentials continue to be focused on XP.

For the most part however, users may accomplish the 'user's experience' sought after with inventive coding and understanding.

'Some of the codes' could transfer over to other installments. The situation is, to port all that usability|incompatibility, is it worth the time to gain the accessibility that other installments of RPG Maker provide.

In terms of wisely using one's time, stick with XP. Until perhaps one day we get a Godot engine or so on. (The thing is, someone has to continuously develop it or the system will just sit there unchanged, which is why XP is still Essential, it had received many years of developments)

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Like JulyArt said:

Essentials is solely for RPGXP, and can't be ported over to future, or past releases of RPG Maker.
The codes eventually become to incompatible and it'd be easier to code a new essentials specifically for that RPG Maker.

I believe someone was working on one for VX Ace, or MV a few years ago.
I think, I may be misremembering things again.

But, I'm pretty sure they discontinued it anyway.

Back