gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 57 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
23,209 posts
9.1 Years
Orwell is really great. I'm glad you like it. Do you plan on playing the sequel?
I played it!

Orwell: Ignorance is Strength - Overall Thoughts
I... don't actually have a lot to say here. The second installment is very much in the same ballpark as the first in every way.

This time, although it is still based around the surveillance system of Orwell, there is a strong focus on propaganda and the manipulation of facts to form a public narrative, the "truth" as we know it. In some ways, it's even more terrifying conceptually than the original and the story is very engaging. They brought in voice actors to bring more life to the characters which was a nice step forward from the first. Some of the VAs were better than others, but it helped make the low-poly characters feel more real. The new features they added like the propaganda system and search functions/passwords were great too.

The one complaint I have is that I feel like this game made it harder to do the right thing. It's much easier to get pushed towards doing things that are harmful than it is beneficial and in the end I got an ending that was technically a victory and yet somehow bad for just about everyone. I had been intending to do a more evil playthrough this time anyway, and it makes a lot of thematic sense, but it irked me a bit.

I guess the music wasn't as great this time either, but it was never really a key element anyway and the voicing mitigates that mostly. Still a great game.

Story: 10/10
Visuals: 7/10
Soundtrack: 5/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Total Score: 32/40
RPWLA&MBattle ServerDaily