PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 59 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
12,056 posts
5.9 Years
What the title says. And if not have any of you actually attempted Nuzlockes?
This signature has been disabled.
Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,380 posts
12.4 Years
I never have. I'm honestly not strategically good enough at Pokemon to attempt one. I'd probably lose all my Pokemon very quickly and wouldn't make it to even the second gym, lmfao. I want to try a Nuzlocke, though. I just know I don't have what it takes.
Theme: Sougo Osaka
Pair: Taemin

Devalue

Any pronoun
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
334 posts
126 Days
Enjoyed watching them. Tried one once. Went poorly. Disliked it. Reasons:
- Views permadeath as something stressful. Feels terrible to lose someone, regardless of the game. Prefers not always being so vigilant.
- Hated having to take training slow. Learned how fragile Diglett is, though.
- Makes poorer decisions when tired. Felt unwise to play in those situations. (Did so anyways.)

Simply Dunsparce

Male
The Middle of Nowhere
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,561 posts
3.7 Years
I have started a few, but the only one I haven't left uncompleted was a wonderlocke of Moon. I currently have two uncompleted nuzlockes for Diamond and Black 2 that I have more than halfway done but struggle with getting back into due to struggling with motivation due to constantly losing team members.
"Fire the kitten cannon!"
"Meow!"

Janp

Age 24
They/Them
Czech Republic
Online now
Posted 15 Hours Ago
4,651 posts
8.2 Years
I did beat many regular Nuzlockes and its variants. Right now, I'm in the middle of beating Hardcore Nuzlocke in each gen. I already beat Kanto, johto and Hoenn and failed one attempt in Unova, literally in the final battle. One thing that I hate about Nuzlockes is the need to keep the list of encounters, so I accidentally don't catch 2 Pokémon on the same Route. It takes time away from playing.
Male
Netherlands
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
I like watching people play nuzlockes, but I already know its not gonna be for me and have never tried one myself.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
205 posts
259 Days
I think they are way more fun to watch than to actually play yourself.

I've watched some nuzlockes and yeah, you see all the exciting stuff and it looks great for the laughs, but one of my issues with this challenge is the part where you lose a Pokémon and have to spend an hour or two unboxing and levelling another, which isn't really my idea of fun. I prefer other challenges that don't require wasting hours grinding for every Pokémon on your team that faints.

Nuzlockers these days resort to things like infinite rare candies cheats and stuff like that, because without some kind of "help" it would be unbearable to play.

I also think Nuzlockes have kinda lost their charm. I believed one of the main points was to encourage players to start appreciating the underused and oftenly ignored "bad" Pokémon. While that might have worked in the early gens, when the options you had were a lot more limited, I don't think it applies to modern gen games that have a much bigger Pokémon variety. At the end, I don't see Nuzlockers discovering the "true potential" of Furret or Kricketune, even if their captures are limited they're still very picky about what they use and what not because they have more than enough options to choose from.
Favorite rom hacks / fan games: GS Chronicles, Gaia, Prism, Opalo, Bushido.

Megan

Explorer Empress

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
7,171 posts
8.4 Years
I prefer other types of challenges. I tried one once and was pretty annoyed at how RNG dependent you become. I have no quarrels with watching someone else play. For myself, I consider them designed very poorly. It not only introduces more grinding but at the base level even encourages it. Adding clauses didn't as much polish it as it made things even more tedious. Also: adding a layer of bureaucracy by forcing you to keep track of places you already got something, as well as another one for every clause you introduce as a means to "fix" the broken system isn't exactly my definition of fun.

And fun is what challenges should be about.
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations and Forum Games| Come and visit VPP
Have you found the window to the world or are you still listening to your words echoing from the walls?

Sheep

she/her
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
32,651 posts
14.7 Years
I have not! But I've done other challenges. Nuzlocke is one of the next ones on my list :3c Going to agree that they're fun to watch, but imagining myself being that restricted and losing team members.... oof haha.

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

colours

master of illusion

she/her
imagination congregation
Seen 8 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
7,496 posts
16.2 Years
nope. :c i've never really been big on self-imposed challenges. i only really have the motivation to do non-challenge playthroughs, but maybe one day that'll change! perhaps not nuzlockes, but i've always wanted to do a monotype run at some point...
Paired with flowerchild and Fairy