• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Anime Style Challenge!

Years
This idea was presented by a user on the Marriland forums who goes by the name of red_009, who had been re-watching Season 1 of the anime and wanted to try to play the game in that style. Here's a link to the thread that the concept came from. So looks like i'll carry that idea over here, since people like the concept.

Now for the rules! They're a bit modified from the thread shown above, but nevertheless, here:

Spoiler:

When is my challenge complete?
Spoiler:

Here is the application form:
Name:
Game:
No held items rule?:

Here's my signup:
Name: Stargazer
Game: Y
No held items rule?: Sure, why not.

Challengers:

Spoiler:

Champions:

Spoiler:

And that's how i'll have this work. I may have to revise this later, but this is what I constructed and revised in the time I have at the moment. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Excited to try this after seeing it over on Marilland, so I'll sign up:

Name: Orrefan8888
Game: Pokemon X
No held items rule?: Sure, since the anime never used 'em.

Also, I'm not going to use any Gifted Pokemon, and I'm thinking Phione for my Bro for Life.

Years
Name: AoTora
Game: FireRed with randomized wild pokemon just to make it more fun (Don't worry I will only be catching un-evolved pokemon - no legendaries or fully evolved pokemon)
No held items rule?: Sure~ The only held items will be everstones just becaue I hate smashing x whenever my pokemon wants to evolve and I am not allowed to evolve it ~

Also about the number generator.. Do you pick between one and two - one being for not evolving or two for evolving? I am sorta confused on that part..

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

glad i still have my 12-sided and 16-sided dice back from my MTG days for this.

Name: molivious
Game: Black
No Items? sure, cause i'm a bro

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
very interesting challenge, i like it!
Name: BoqinHeng
Game: White 2
No held items rule?: N need for items!!!

my BFL will be Lillipup

Last edited:
Years
Wow, we have quite a nice splash already! Anyway, to answer the questions, if you get 1-5 for the evolution then yeah the evolution does not happen, and for departure if you get 1-3 then you leave something behind. And JayTheKing, I suggested raising the "limit" when you get to Kanto just so you have more to use for the longer journey.

Also, regarding the no held items rule, I mention that you can still attach berries during Gym Leader/Elite Four fights to one of your Pokémon.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

And JayTheKing, I suggested raising the "limit" when you get to Kanto just so you have more to use for the longer journey.
I'm pretty sure he meant that, in the first post, it is written (in reverse) as:
For Johto games, when you enter Kanto, I would raise that "limit" from 14 to 10, just for easier convenience.
...and you may want to correct that.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Name: Ramsie
Game: Y
No held items rule?: Nah, because I plan to have my BFL hold the Everstone.

Also, I'm going to play this in French to practice the language.

Years
Name: GoldfishHorde
Game: Black 2
No held items rule?: I'm probably only going to use berries, so I'll keep held items on.

For those who are looking for a number generator, google "random number generator" and click on the first link. ;)

Example: If I choose to get a random number ranging from 1 to 12, then that means if I got 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, I would get to evolve my Pokemon. If I got a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12, I could not evolve my Pokemon.

Thankyou for this comment! That RNG thingie kinda confused me but I get it now :3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Great idea for a challenge.;) Plus it gives me an excuse to take the plastic wrapping off my X version that I've had since Christmas.
Name: HeatedFennekin
Game: X
Held items rule? I will only use berries and maybe an everstone.

A question before I start say import my BFL into my game in a egg can it have egg moves and inherit TM's from it's parents?

Years
A question before I start say import my BFL into my game in a egg can it have egg moves and inherit TM's from it's parents?

I added to the rules that your BFL can have one Egg move. As for TMs that the parents may inhabit...eh, that's something that's up to interpretation of the player. You could keep a TM move if it had it and not count it towards that one TM limit, but if I were going to import an egg for my BFL (which I plan to) I would most likely not import any TMs onto it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
update white 2

it was a sunny day in Asperia city. My mom came to me with a cool request. She asked me if I wanted to fill a pokedex and catch pokemon. That's how I went to look for Bianca,. She gave me a pokemon called Snivy. I didn't like Snivy but on my journey to Flocessy Ranch I fell in love with Lillipup. I caught her and named her Lucy. That's how the day ended.

Lucy my BFL is lv 5.
Snivy is boxed.

Last edited:

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Update #1: Days 1-4
Note: I divided each part of the game to what a person could realistically do in a single day or episode of the anime, hence why it doesn't match real time.

Day One:
Spoiler:

Day Two:
Spoiler:

Day Three
Spoiler:

Day Four (filler episode):
Spoiler:

Team:
653.png
661.png
665.png
298.png
659.png
007.png

Feunnec Lv.15-Passerouge Lv.14-Peregrain Lv.12-Azurill Lv.13-Sapereau Lv.13-Carapuce Lv.12

Box:
Skitty Lv.10

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
Name: LightSCG
Game: Pokémon Black 2
No held items rule?: Never used them in the first place :O I will however use everstone's on my pokemon if it fails to evolve.
I am also using a randomizer and not catching any fully evolved pokemon.
Bro for Life: Ekans - importing from Egg.
EDIT:
Hatched the Egg, Shiny Ekans......... First shiny pokemon challenge complete.... xD

So I have decided to update info Badge by Badge;

0 badges - 1 badges

Bro for Life - Ekans, Imported as Egg, Hatched as Shiny.

Route 19 - Wild Houndoor captured, calling him Doom.

F Town - Nothing interesting

Route 20 - Wild Gible captured, calling him Garth.

F Ranch - Wild Mewtwo captured, calling him Mewt.

GYM BATTLE - Cheren

2v2

Cheren - Patrat, Lilipup - LOSER

Light - Lightning, Mewt - WINNER

Badge Awarded.

Team Right Now;

Lightning(Ekans)LV:16 - Party

Mewt(Mewtwo)LV:11 - Party

Doom(Houndoor)LV:10 - PC

Garth(Gible)LV:13 - Party

Last edited by a moderator:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Bumping this thread and updating I guess, I bred and EV'd my Bro (actually a female) For Life to ensure its superior genetics and ability. Bagon will be the captain of the team among Zigzagoon and Mudkip, each of whom are fighting to maintain their spot on the squad.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wow, we have quite a nice splash already! Anyway, to answer the questions, if you get 1-5 for the evolution then yeah the evolution does not happen, and for departure if you get 1-3 then you leave something behind.
I thought that if you get 1-5 the evolution does happen, as it's 5/12 chance to evolve.

Also, here's my sign up:

Name: jdthebud
Game: Crystal
No held items rule?: Yes

Last edited:
Years
I thought that if you get 1-5 the evolution does happen, as it's 5/12 chance to evolve.

Also, here's my sign up:

Name: jdthebud
Game: Crystal
No held items rule?: Yes

Oh yeah, that's right. Misworded that. 1-5 is the evolution, sorry. Got my words mixed up.

Anyway, I haven't had time to start this, but I promise i'll get to it soon.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
The Ruby Arc has reached its completion!

Episode 1: A Star is Born!
Spoiler:

Episode 2: Let's Get SeriousQuiet!
Spoiler:

Episode 3: I'm the Real Rockin' Whiz!
Spoiler:

Episode 4: Saving Private Peeko
Spoiler:

Episode 5: Dewford Ahoy!
Spoiler:

Episode 6: Boxing with Brawly!
Spoiler:

Episode 7: Another day with May!
Spoiler:

Episode 8: A Buzzing Battle!
Spoiler:

Episode 9: The Heart of Hoenn!
Spoiler:

Episode 10: En Fuego!
Spoiler:

Episode 11: Playing Catch['em all] with Dad
Spoiler:

Episode 12: I'm a Natural!
Spoiler:

Episode 13: A Nifty Disguise!
Spoiler:

Episode 14: We're Flying High!
Spoiler:

Episode 15: The Ghouls at Mt. Pyre!
Spoiler:

Episode 16: One Last Time, May!
Spoiler:

Episode 17: A Shark Look Into the Future!
Spoiler:

Episode 18: The Mystic Showdown!
Spoiler:

Episode 19: Ten Thousand Luvdiscs Under The Sea!
Spoiler:

Episode 20: Meeting the Spirit in the Sky!
Spoiler:

Episode 21: The Odyssey Continues!
Spoiler:

Episode 22: Climbing the Waterfall!
Spoiler:

Episode 23: The Final Grind!
Spoiler:

Episode 24: Beat The Elite: Part 1
Spoiler:

Episode 25: Beat The Elite: Part 2
Spoiler:

Episode 26 [FINAL]: This is the End, or is It!?!
Spoiler:

HALL OF FAME PHOTO
Spoiler:

Back