• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailers show legendary encounters via Ultra Wormholes, encounters with previous evil Team leaders

Years
International trailer is here if you want it, Jake:

Excited to see all the past villainous team leaders returning, and the new ability to own the Totem Pokemon for yourself. Also, Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters confirmed for Island Scan! And of course being able to catch all those previous-gen legendaries.

Last edited:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Biggest things for me from this:

1. All teams returning besides Rocket, yes!
2. Giovanni using a freaking Mewtwo, RIP us.
3.The biggest thing, GROVYLE IMPLYING MARSHSTOMP?S CATCHABLE AHHHHHHHH

Years
I noticed Maxie and Archie reverted back to their original RSE designs. So does this mean RSE is canon and ORAS isn't?

Also, Serebii confirmed the legendary version exclusives on Twitter:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
They're using the Gen 3 designs for Archie and Maxie? I get why (gotta push that multiverse), but man, I never realized how much ORAS improved on their initial ones, lol.

And look, Mewtwo and Team Rocket! Somebody, who shall not be named, was right!

No new Alola forms make me sad though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I noticed Maxie and Archie reverted back to their original RSE designs. So does this mean RSE is canon and ORAS isn't?

Wasn't there a theory relating to Zinnia that she came from a different version of Hoenn? They're probably both canon but come from different realities.

Like the reality where mega stones exist is ORAS and the one where they don't (where Zinnia is from) is RSE. Not to mention the rumour about them said that...
Spoiler:

Though more than likely the main reason they look like that is nostalgic fan service. Don't read too much into it.

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
If the Wormholes are like Hoopa's rings in ORAS, I'm hoping the legends aren't shiny locked. This could mean Shiny Primal Groudon & Kyogre and Shiny Dragon Ascent Rayquaza, as well as non-event Shiny Yveltal & Xerneas, and the first legal Shiny Zygarde!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I wonder if we'll get to fight grunts from Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma and Flare or will it just be Rocket grunts.

I feel like it might just be Rocket grunts to keep things more cohesive, which is a shame.

Also did anyone notice Faba in the villains promotional artwork? I guess that means Lusamine really has been demoted in this game.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
As I suspected, all legendaries will be available, albeit via Ultra Wormholes as opposed to Hoopa. And I'm pretty sure the battle theme was a remixed version of the Aura Trio's theme from XY? It definitely sounded different from what I remember.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I am VERY pleased. Nothing else to say, too much hype to type. XD

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I like how some of the legendary exclusive are the opposite for the "red" and "blue" versions now.

SO HYPED!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It really does seem like they?re going all out with these games, definitely more than just a third game now.

pkmin3033

Legendary version exclusives. Again. They just HAD to ruin it somehow, didn't they.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Done a lot of updates to the article. Let us know if we should add more!

Some extra stuff not mentioned (from the official sites) includes kanto/hoenn/kalos starters being available in the Island Scan mode, and more news on November 10th, 2pm Japan time.

Years
Specific thoughts:

Rainbow Rocket: Pretty pleased with what I've seen so far! I honestly thought it was unlikely that other team leaders would partner up with Giovanni... I truly do wonder if there's more going on than what we're seeing, here?

Also, really interesting that Giovanni has a Mewtwo! I'm going to make a reasonable assumption that this is all post-game material, and as such all of the evil team leaders are going to be slightly under Giovanni's level. So probably 70+, while Giovanni himself might be 75+. That would, at the very least, provide a decent enough challenge worthy of a decent post-game.

Battle Agency - Battle Factory was definitely one of the more interesting facilities in the old battle frontier, so it's nice to see Game Freak doesn't disappoint by leaving the Battle Tree as the only post-game facility in the area. I'm personally looking forward to what kind of fun the Battle Agency is going to provide!

Legendaries all making a comeback - about fuckin time. I originally had my doubts because we could just Pokebank legendaries off of ORAS, but it seems like that won't be necessary, now. I was most looking forward to the legendary birds appearing again and I got what I've been waiting for, so I'm a happy camper!

Overall, this has been an amazing news reveal! Already looking forward to what TPC/TPCi have in store for us next Friday. :o

Years
First reaction: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Second: Um... can someone go check on Hoenn and Kalos and make sure they're okay...?

Edit: Wait! Is that Guzma helping us out at 1:27 in the Japanese trailer??? It looks like he's holding off some grunts.

Last edited:
Back