• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] TY/Shun/IV's Journal of dead playthroughs

Fleurdelis

Endless pain and suffering
Years
Suppose since Dawn suggested these challenges could have a seperate journal figured I'd make one simply cause.... WELL I SAID I'D BEAT 100 GAMES might aswell have them all in my own thread for all of them.

So my goal was to beat 100 games in 2021. Not going to lie, I don't even know if I have 100 games that can be beaten. This will be the most barebones journal you will ever see since I don't do fancy CSS or anything of the sort. We're here to finish many video games yes?

I have been going through my libraries and came up with a ton of games so I will keep this thread updated with statuses on games.

Be warned, this thread is going to be a mess considering I play many games at the same time so please bear with me.

Sometimes I stream my playthroughs at twitch.tv/Kur0sakii, ill notify in advance if I do... mostly its suffering

Games so far I want to play and finish in 2021:
Spoiler:

Games in progress:
Spoiler:

Games completed:
Spoiler:

4/100 SO FAR YAY

Stay tuned for more info...

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Years
Kicking things off with some progress in 2 games today

Be aware, spoilers are inbound

Got a start with Cyberpunk 2077, got into a fight with the character editor, shot some people, saw a dude kill a gramps not in the samurai way, therefor he must now die.
Got past the first Johnny level, his pistol is the reason I want to try and max out my pistol skills so i can be just as OP, but now with Keanu Reeves in my head I wonder how often ill get memed upon for my poor choices

may there be mercy upon me.

Also started up Age of Empires II, finished the obligatory William Wally tutorial, shanked some brits, then onto the French campaign, made some baguettes, raged at the final mission and beat that too.

Now stuck on the Mongolian campaign trying to invade China

Fleurdelis

Years
I softlocked on Cyberpunk and I dont know what to do anymore so i shot the objective and it still didnt work.

Tried to ram it with a car but the car got stuck and blew me up

stay tuned if i will ever escape the lock

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
might wanna hold off on Cyberpunk 2077 until they patch out more of the bugs

you have 99 other games to do anyway =)

Fleurdelis

Years
might wanna hold off on Cyberpunk 2077 until they patch out more of the bugs

you have 99 other games to do anyway =)

a damn shame i picked this game for the monthly one too, I WILL BEAT THE SOFTLOCK

On a better note I wrapped up the original campaigns for Age of Empires II, now the DLC ones to finish which are like 80% of the entire game lmao.
I was in pain when doing the Teuton campaign, I forgot how awful Teutons are.

Also made some progress on Call of Duty 2 when I just felt like playing it, ended up finishing the entire Russian part, so thats something.

Currently on a mad quest to get my PS3 working again so I can play the Ratchet and Clank series

can someone remind me why i decided to do 100 games

Fleurdelis

Years
Current updates, I still have to finish Cyberpunk, made no progress since last time since I was a bit burnt out

I did however finish CoD 2 in one sitting, was quite a bit of fun to play old games, though it was odd that everyone was tanky as heck.

Age of Empires II I have done most campaigns now, just the historical battles left.

Found my PS3, but yet to find a way to place it and not be in the way 90% of the time.

Fleurdelis

Years
Another big update, havent made a update in a while due to work taking a lot of time to post updates so here we go:

Finished Age of Empries II, started and finished the first Ratchet and Clank and made it to the flying lab in 2

Started XCOM 2, however RNG has decided i have to restart a lot of times so this might take all year

Fleurdelis

Years
Wrapped up Cyberpunk 2077, all in all I think this game... lacked a lot, but if you look aside the bugs it felt a bit too empty at times, even though there was a quite a bit to do.

Didn't care too much about all the sidequests, maybe in a future playthrough since this was also the game of the Game Along for this month for me so I had to speedrun a little bit c:

XCOM 2 I made considerable progress against the Aliens, however one fatal flaw made me have to reset the game again so im back at ground zero.

If anyone wants to volunteer to be a part of the XCOM 2 gang that will probably end up dead (looking at you gimmepie), lemme know c:

Fleurdelis

Years
I now have the feeling I overestimated myself, or underestimated how much issues id have in the games I selected.

XCOM 2 is still a work in progress, I cannot seem to get a good run going.

Also started Factorio as the game of the month, though our factory is pure spaghetti, it works so far and we're on our way to get uranium processing for uranium fuel.

Also my superior engineering made a nuclear reactor. When I said this to my friends the first thing they said was... when will it blow up? It has never blown up, therefor I am a master engineer in nuclear reactors.

my master engineering also made very efficient research, but it is being sabotaged by someone very sus.

To Be Continued...

Fleurdelis

Years
Good news everyone! (if you like to see someone suffer it is good news)

I feel like doing a stream today and might aswell do one of the cursed XCOM 2 timeline boogaloo.
If you want to watch me suffer in RNG, it might be the best time right now... well not right now right now.

At around 8PM GMT+1 I'd aim to go live and suffer.

On request will add people to join the fight against the ayyliens upon timeline reset.

Fleurdelis

Years
A NEW BEGINNING

After some unfortunate events that made my whole PC go boom, my whole XCOM run has been deleted and unable to be repaired. Ayyliens won once more.
So a new beginning is in order to maybe save Earth this time... for good.

Might aswell make this look a whole lot better than it did before, even though it still looks garbo cause I cannot into CSS. Basically I have given up on my ridiculous goal since well... I haven't really played a whole lot of single player games and multiplayer games cannot really be finished... so I doomed myself from the start.

So I will turn this Journal into a XCOM 2 Journal for the time being given that's the one game I do want to beat this year at least once.
Granted this is heavily modded with many new enemies and a difficulty that might require a restart or 20, Earth is in fine hands cause my tactical mastermind is second to none.

The fun thing about XCOM 2 is that you can create your own soldiers to fight the alien oppressors. Which means I can send everyone that wants to participate to be injured for weeks!

If you wish to join the struggle as a soldier, please reply with the following format:
Spoiler:

I'll probably start this evening, but that doesn't mean you won't appear! I can already smell countless resets so chances of showing up is 99%!

I swear I will update this more frequently.​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Volunteers to serve against the alien menace. Promises not to miss a crucial 99% hit chance.

Name: Deva Lue
Nickname: Yin
Preferred Color: Green
Nation: Random

Good luck, Commander.

Fleurdelis

Years
Chapter 1: Operation Gatecrasher

The first strike against the ayyliens is a ugly golden monument. 8 brave soldiers with 0 aim vs 20 aliens with aimbots
Gatecrasher could not have gone any better given the maplayout spawned me on the roof of a tall building, so all I did was send a sacrificial lamb across the map and camped the roof to snipe all the ADVENT troops.
The sacrfice was not in vain, everyone else survived, with 2 wounded who are now vacationing.

The current XCOM team looks something like this:
Spoiler:

Not too hopeful as most of these guys have usually been redshirts, apart from me, IV and Siegelad, so I went to look for recruits:

Spoiler:

A much better sight indeed given my history... hired OmegaNuke, Billy, Kaito and Stephanie as they generally have been the foundation of my better runs... except Billy but Billy is mandatory.

Meeting up with Tygan to start rushing mag weapons like the scum I am and getting a medkit or 2 just in case pain comes for me.

Then our first scannable object is more rookies... wonderful.

Spoiler:

Finding 3 more madlads in the rubble and I start to question if this run will be brutally ended by some arsehole critting everyone.

As we enter our first Gorilla Ops... but that is for chapter 2, along with the inevitable lost mission.

Volunteers to serve against the alien menace. Promises not to miss a crucial 99% hit chance.

Name: Deva Lue
Nickname: Yin
Preferred Color: Green
Nation: Random

Good luck, Commander.

Added, I will hold your word on the never missing 99% hits :P
Haven't seen you yet in the playthrough, but its just 1 mission in and the lost missions basically guarantee new soldiers so who knows

Fleurdelis

Years
Chapter 2: Operation OH GOD ITS A 88% MISS

Given how eagy Gatecrasher went it was time for the first gorilla ops. Sabotaging a transmitter which well... could be worse.
Sadly it went worse as our first real death ocurred.

Billy Middlewins has fallen. His first mission and the aliens killed him in a 14% chance... what the hell.

After that came the mandatory Lost mission where the zombies come to life and be a pain in the arse. This mission went flawlessly without any issues and almost everyone got a promotion.

Not much later and the aliens decided to attack unarmed civvies and the Chosen show up too... the friggin Warlock of all people and his yappening. Warlock gets clapped ezpz.

Found a new site with more rookies, in which we found 4 rookies, including Deva Lue, instantly sending them on a covert ops mission to find the Templars since healing is very importante.

Now it is time to raid a supply train with 5 madmen...

to be continued...

Fleurdelis

Years
Can't believe I killed another playthrough, the struggles of a man who plays mostly Player vs Player games smh

And now im starting a different playthrough, one I will finish for sure cause if I don't I have a whole community on my arse.

A mod for C&C Red Alert 2 had a recent update finishing the Act 2 campaign and thus my addiction to RTS games led me to finally play the whole campaign on the hardest difficulty. Unlike the vanilla game, the difficulty here spikes a ton and the first mission can even be overwhelming if not prepared.

First off the Allied campaign where we defend Washington and the Pentagon from the Soviets. This will be one wild ride with 72 missions in total to play... not counting all the coops and spec ops missions either... this will die too i can feel it

Back