• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] is it worth to buy pokémon sword now (with dlc obviously)?

Years
Hello all : )
I am just thinking of buying pokémon sword , even tho i feel it's too late. Honestly, even tho pokémon diamond is my fav game, those remakes are quite disappointing for me, so I ll probably just pass. Also, it pretty much looks like competitive will stay on these games even on 2022, so it may be a good thing...
Do you think it's just too late now or I should buy it?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Pokemon games are the sort where when exactly you buy and play it for the first time isn't terribly important. You can enjoy the games well after their release year, people go back to older ones all the time and still have fun. It's other things that are what to look at to determine if it's worth it to buy the game.

It's only been less than 2 years since SwSh's release anyway, it's still current gen.

Years
I think it is worth it still. BD/SP will probably be quick games to play through anyway and there is a ton to do in SW/SH. I put around 250 hours into shield before I really got bored with it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yeah, it's still worth it, I'd say, the raids still get rotated regularly, and the games are still supported. There's no reason not to buy them. Honestly, it's better to buy them now rather than when they're no longer being sold new because people will start to sell them for ridiculous prices.

Back