• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Hey all, I haven't posted here in a while, but I've been updating this game with all new events and battles and as far as I'm aware the game-play is endless.

So far the game goes up to 7 badges. Although that means nothing because badges are not anything to do with the story and are not a requirement, you can also battle the gyms in any order, so if you didn't battle gyms 1, 2, 3 and 4, you can still battle gym 5. You can also progress to each and every gym without the need for any specified badge. EXCEPT. One part of the game requires you to battle one gym because that gym is somewhat part of a side story which will come together with the bigger story.

The OP has been updated slightly.

*Updates*
Journal Button: The new journal button is part of any quest/event you're playing. If you're playing a quest, which just happens to be a large event and you save the game and come back to it a few days later for whatever reason (I hope you don't lol), you can press this button and recall the current objective for the current quest/event. If the journal button is available, it will appear on-screen as you can see here.
F8%20preview_zpssqdc5shr.png

Added more credits: Added a few people for the Pokémon Following script add-on, although Nickalooose didn't actually use the Pokémon Following scripts, she used them as references to create her own but she said to credit those guys regardless.
Changed a few features to correctly state what they do: For example, Fly use to say it was controllable. But in game-Fly is actually a choice whether you want to fly to your destination or manually control it. The differences;
Automatic Flying, flies to the specified destination or area, 1, 2, 3, biff baff boff, you're there.
Manually Flying, you control an over world character, but this way enables sky battles.
Added Future Updates.

Now with all that said, I'm looking for some play testers:
Applicant Requirements.
Good attention to detail.
High attention to grammar.
Loyal. In other words, won't pass on any information or resources to anyone outside of the team.
Each applicant will play through the game and will be given specific jobs to do.
Each applicant will need to report any problems found, if any.
Each applicant can also suggest anything that could make the game better.

Please apply here or within PM.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I'm digging all of the interesting new concepts on this game. Finding eggs in the wild, Rage, alternate ways of evolving, and the possibility of evolving mid battle are exciting.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I'm digging all of the interesting new concepts on this game. Finding eggs in the wild, Rage, alternate ways of evolving, and the possibility of evolving mid battle are exciting.

Thanks, there are many more little features that aren't listed too. Just little ones that make the game more realistic and fun, I think lol.

On a side note, I'm honored your first post was here.

I do have a question. Do you guys think it's better to connect maps or have map transfers? Because I have been told connections mess up sometimes, I'm not entirely sure on what the circumstance has to be for them to break, but is it worth the chance or just use transfers just in-case?

---- said:
I'm looking for some play testers:
Applicant Requirements.
Loyal. In other words, won't pass on any information or resources to anyone outside of the team.
Each applicant will play through the game and will be given specific jobs to do.

Please apply here or within PM

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
I have:
Very Good attention to detail.
Loyal. No one is more loyal than me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
So far, the game is getting great reviews from the gaming team and the game-play is massive with no-one reaching the end yet and some have been playing for many hours. I know some of you prefer the gym challenge and in some cases, see how many gyms as a time frame so this game has UP TO 7 GYMS to battle against. Numerous different outcomes dependent on your approach to the game.

---- said:
I'm looking for some play testers:
Applicant Requirements.

Please apply here or within PM

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
Are you still looking for play testers?
Because i would like to do that.
I don't know what you want to know from me, but I'll tell you what you need if you would like me to do that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
I'm curious too that regard too, looks like an interesting game and I happen to like the unique features; feel free to PM me if you're still looking for people to alpha/beta test etc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
*Update*
Added a tutorial so that you can learn some of the in-game additions.
Image00_zpsw8ebxyzz.png
Image01_zpsqheupe8o.png

The screen will fade, except the "thing" in question.
The tutorials are available to be turned on or off at the start of the game but cannot be switched on or off during the game, at the moment. There is much to learn. These tutorials will help and are not long like many tutorials you've seen.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I would like to apply to be a tester. I have good spelling and grammar and decent attention to detail. I promise not to share any resources of the game with others and I will be loyal.

However, I am unable to commit to a playthrough until the week of June 29th when my summer break begins.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Still looking for testers, to test the current version. GTM +0 preferred so I can get errors as soon as possible, but any can apply, it's not a problem.

Preferred method of contact: here and Skype.

Years
I would like to be a tester of the game. I have a pretty high attention for detail and fairly decent grammar skills. I also have no intention for sharing any info about this to anyone else. I love the ideas behind this game and would love to be a part of the development process. I also have a few questions: Will there be any "fakemon"?, Are gen 6 pokemon included?, If gen 6 are included how does sylveon's evolution work? Looking forward to playing through this :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I would like to be a tester of the game. I have a pretty high attention for detail and fairly decent grammar skills. I also have no intention for sharing any info about this to anyone else. I love the ideas behind this game and would love to be a part of the development process. I also have a few questions: Will there be any "fakemon"?, Are gen 6 pokemon included?, If gen 6 are included how does sylveon's evolution work? Looking forward to playing through this :)

Thanks Wizardman11,

There will be 1 Fakemon only and it is storyline effected only, for now.
Gen VI won't be included and I have no plans on adding it either. As for Sylveon, because Gen VI will not be available in-game, the evolution of said Pokémon has not been looked in to. I have considered making some Pokémon appear near the end as a possible future add-on for a MOTLP 2, but let's see how the game does on release first.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
The game team are working double hard to get the game available for release and I believe when bugs are ironed out and we are at version 2.0 of the game, it will be released to the public, we're currently on version 1.3 at the moment, so still a while yet, but since I've been recruiting from version 0 (which I specifically used version 0 because it was no where near ready for a release to the public) progress is speedy and as you can see progress is coming along very well.

EDIT:

Because the Pause Menu in MOTLP is custom, we can do whatever we feel like to it. If you scroll over to the trainer card and press the Up Arrow, you can reveal unlocked characters and a little information on them, all these things help through-out your game and give extra boosts in some things, the higher the stat count, the better the boost, for example, Heart, allows your Pokémon to get friendlier with you, quicker.
Just a little preview of what happens when you do this. After you unlock the characters, you can potentially play mini games with them later in the game to unlock gifts or Pokémon. Here's a little look in to the current unlock-able characters, can you name them all.
unlockablecharacters1_zpsksn3efhb.png
unlockablecharacters_zpsafi8skbv.png

Once unlocked, they will appear here and you can scroll through them and check out their stats. Maybe there will be more unlock-able characters through-out.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
First of all, I'd like to thank all the support for Pokémon Dreams, especially those that are play testing the game and finding out my scripts are somewhat flawed lol... But that's neither here or there, I've been working on a few additions to scripts within the game and since ---- has shown off the menu with character stats already, I'd like to showoff the real reason you can do such things.

I've always like the ideas of playing through different characters and unlocking a whole new bunch of journeys throughout the game, many RPG's do this, least of all, my favorite Final Fantasy VIII, switching between Squall and Laguna, and switching between teams of 3 or 2, it's what makes RPG's what they are (excluding all the family and aging stuff)... So during this game, you will unlock characters throughout and as ---- stated, some more may be available to unlock, you can always switch to any of the said characters and play as them.
characterswap_zps1wjgzl86.png

Each character has their own set of attributes which obviously do different things for your gaming experience.
Each character has their own storage system.
Each character has their own individual Pokémon that they "start" with, once you switch.
Each character has their own financial balance.
Each character has their own PokéDex.
All characters that are not yourself, has no Trainer ID.
All characters that are not yourself, has no trainer card.
All characters that are not yourself, can battle anyone, but not earn badges.
Once you unlocked at least one character, you can switch between them at any time.

The only thing that travels between each character is the items, since Final Fantasy thought it was a good idea, I don't see why I can't... This may well change, but I don't see the problem as it is.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to your PM's, your suggestions are being noted and may be considered for a future update... Keep your suggestions and feedback coming, I appreciate every one of them, good or bad...

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Attention!
Spoiler:

Needless to say, here's something for you.
*UPDATE 1*
Pokémon that evolve through some sort of trade:
Kadabra >>> Alakazam == Trade
Scyther >>> Scizor == Trade w/ Item

And so on... They no longer need this for obvious reasons, but instead, you can find Gemstones like a, Ruby, Sapphire, Citrine and Black, item, that you can give to these Pokémon to hold instead and once they reach the acquired state, they will evolve... Here is a few stones and who they evolve:

Kadabra w/ Amethyst Gem >>> Alakazam
Scyther w/ Peridot Gem >>> Scizor
Magmar w/ Ruby Gem >>> Magmortar
Clamperl w/ Gold Gem >>> Gorebyss
Seadra w/ Aqua Gem >>> Kingdra
Porygon w/ Rainbow Gem >>> Porygon 2 w/ Rainbow Gem >>> Porygon Z
Slowpoke w/ Opal Gem >>> Slowking

And so on.... These Gemstones are not that hard to find and can be bought from many merchants throughout the game and/or found on the floor and/or given from other NPC's... Of course there is no secret to them, so once you get to some point in the game, you will be given one anyway to see what they look like and what not.

*UPDATE 2*
Ever been troubled by ice through a game?! Well now you don't need to, you can acquire some Mamoswine Traction Clips or MamoTrax for short... You can simply clip them on when you want to walk across the ice so you can reach those unreachable items.
iceitem_zps2fpmkoap.png

*UPDATE 3*
Male and female characters have different surf/dive/flying sprites now.
surfmale_zpskiyvrjfc.png
surffemale_zpsutoxvvvo.png

flymale_zpsrvojdrsj.png
flyfemale_zpsuxpxpz3h.png

divemale_zps1lgxmh3y.png
divefemale_zpsislj8lpn.png

Male character has Lapras for surfing, Fearow for flying (manually) and Golduck for diving.
Female character has Snorlax for surfing, Pidgeot for flying (manually) and Starmie for diving.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Wow, this is really cool, I love the little additions like varying pokemon for surfing or flying based on gender, that's pretty unique! I'm also a big fan of the ice clips, and the fact you called them Mamo Trax to keep in line with the pokemon theme, that sometimes gets overlooked when making a new item.
Everything looks so cool! Great update, and it's great to know this is still going strong!

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Wow Nickalooose when you said you had a few updates, I didn't realize you had so many. I've managed to play around with some of them and I see you didn't mention anything about Pokémon specific locations, so I will.

We now have Pokémon appear in specific grass patches on the same map. So let's say Route 01 has 4 Pokémon; Pidgey, Rattata, Weedle and Caterpie, this is regardless on Route 01, but within the map might be a grassy patch where you can find a Ledyba too for example.

Wow, this is really cool, I love the little additions like varying pokemon for surfing or flying based on gender, that's pretty unique! I'm also a big fan of the ice clips, and the fact you called them Mamo Trax to keep in line with the pokemon theme, that sometimes gets overlooked when making a new item.
Everything looks so cool! Great update, and it's great to know this is still going strong!

I too am liking the MamoTrax, I had to Google what those clips were actually called and changing the first part to Mamo is an excellent idea. I think the gender specific Pokémon "riding" is a good addition to the game because it's different, Nickalooose said she tried using whatever Pokémon you actually used to do the surf, fly or dive, but she said some Pokémon don't look right, which is a shame because I think that would've been cool. The game is moving along very well but because interest doesn't seem to be peaking here, we've lacked incentive to update here, which is a shame too.

v2.3 will be out sometime this month, I will release that here and see what kind of attention it brings and after that, I will decide whether to end all updates on this forum. Thanks to all who have followed us this far though.

OP has been updated.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm getting mixed feelings about this new thing I want to introduce... Basically, I was watching an episode of Pokémon the other day and a Pokémon couldn't quite do anything to beat Team Rocket... The said Pokémon was then going to be replaced with another Pokémon but out of nowhere, the Pokémon learned a new attack and then beat Team Rocket.

So I figured I'd try something new and see if I could get a Pokémon to learn an attack without leveling up, I achieved this and the Pokémon can also learn one of it's egg moves as a bonus to you guys.

Now the mixed feelings are:
Spoiler:

So basically, once you reach a specific part of the game, your starter bursts out of it's PokéBall and becomes a following Pokémon... From this point on, the Pokémon can learn a move from it's move list or egg move list, at random.

I made this to see if I could do it and it's a pretty complicated thing to be messing with, but I done it nonetheless and when I asked if people would like the idea of it in game, questions popped up.
Many said it's a good idea, because why should a Pokémon only learn moves by a specific level if the Pokémon was smarter than it's doppelganger, it could learn the move earlier, right?!
Many said that it's not a good idea due to Pokémon being a level based game, so they should always learn their moves at the specific level or remove leveling up.

I've played with removing leveling up in the past and many didn't like the idea because it was hard to tell when a Pokémon was going to evolve or learn a new move... So I won't be removing leveling up... But this feature is not set in stone and I forced it to only be your starter for the purposes of the testing period to see how people liked it, it's not released yet and we considered releasing this with v2.3... 3 testers have toyed with this feature a little in a closed personal beta, and say it should definitely be in-game... I feel like I should make a call and say 'yes' or 'no' myself, add it to the next version and see what players think during the game.

It fits in with the theme I've set out to do from the start and that's to add realism from the Animé.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I'm excited to announce v0.1 has been completed, which to some of you may seem like a downgrade to what it was before, but once we got to v3.2, the game took a sudden turn in events and Nickalooose surprised our game team with a new edition, still in testing phases, but we're excited nonetheless.

But Nickalooose has now added the Nuzlocke Mode.
nuzmode01_zpshfzvtc6y.png
nuzmode02_zpsnx3gvweu.png

In our game it's called 'NuzMode' due to numerous changes Nickalooose has made that makes it a little Nuzlocke and a little different, but the rules are generally the same. To start NuzMode, all you have to do is press F8 on the main screen, which you can see in picture 1, in the bottom right corner. If you're going to start NuzMode, you will see a tick in the white box, if you're going to start a normal game, there will be no tick.

Here are the rules and regulations:
You play through the game like normal but with specifications:
You can only catch 1 Pokémon in each area, the first encounter.
Even if you kill the first Pokémon, that counts as the first Pokémon caught, without the catching part.
Even though the maps aren't connected, maps with the same name count as one area, these areas still have the same encounters.
Healing items will no longer work in battles.
Revives do not work.
Rare Candy and other level increasing items do not work on dead Pokémon.
Rival battles don't count towards a NuzMode battle, so you can lose rival battles, without losing any Pokémon.
Pokémon with >0HP cannot be deposited in the box, but if a Pokémon caught cannot fit in your team, they will go to the box.
Pokémon with 0HP cannot be withdrawn from the box.
Pokémon encounters that are Shiny or Shadow, do not count towards a first encounter if it is the first encounter or the 50th, you can capture them, and use them as they do not count towards NuzMode Rules.
Once you lose NuzMode, the game will revert back to the normal version and you can continue as normal, however, Pokémon caught in NuzMode will be released, excluding your starter.
You cannot manually save the game in NuzMode, the game will automatically save.
Quitting NuzMode will quit the game back to the main screen and delete your save file.
Day-Care still works as intended, but hatched Eggs can not be used in NuzMode.
Starting a NuzMode game, the starter will be random between Grass, Fire, Water, Electric and not Generation starters.
Legendary Pokémon appear in the wild and can give you perks that can help you through the game (will release these at a later date), you can capture these, but you cannot keep them.

I will update the rules and regulations fully in the OP later. The game team haven't had this version yet, and we will be looking for more testers to try this out, Nickalooose hasn't even played through it from the start. If you're interested in this new version, PM me, message here or PM Nickalooose, for the chance to do so.

To apply, please provide:

Timezone (GMT+0 for example).
Time Management (How long can you play a day on an average).
Why you would like to test this.
What you think of the games features so far.
Do you have anything you'd like to see in a fan-game.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Back