• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Selling games

Elements1

Meh
Years
Would is be possible or legal to sell the games you create with Pokemon Essentials? What if you changed all the pokemon to your "fakemon" and changed maps and created your own world. Would that be legal or possible?

Thanks

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
If you technically change all the fundemental basics of a pokemon game, to your own creation, like the name, the battle formulas, sprites and tiles, and made sure to not include anything created by Game Freak in your game, then sure. You could sell the game.

Nintendo might still try to sue you for stealing Pokemons concept though, but it is unlikely, so long as everything in the game is made by you.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
If you technically change all the fundemental basics of a pokemon game, to your own creation, like the name, the battle formulas, sprites and tiles, and made sure to not include anything created by Game Freak in your game, then sure. You could sell the game.

Nintendo might still try to sue you for stealing Pokemons concept though, but it is unlikely, so long as everything in the game is made by you.

On top of this, indie game development is a little less strict. If it was licensed, the likelihood of being sued for that is higher.

But yeah, I don't see Monster Hunter, Digimon, Beyblade, Yugioh, and Pokemon going at each others throats constantly. It just needs to be different enough.

Back