• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Common Custom Abilities People Might Want to Use (All Tested)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Here are some custom abilities I've coded that I've seen in a lot of fangames, and people have asked how to implement. I've tested all of them and they appear to be working correctly :]

Distract: Breaks the concentration of opposing pokemon upon entering battle, lowering their Sp. Atk stat. (Special version of Intimidate) Suggested users: Kadabra, Alakazam, Gardevoir, Gothitelle
How to implement:
Spoiler:

Vampire Bite: The Pok?mon's biting attacks drain half the damage taken by the target. Suggested users: Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Spinarak, Ariados, Gorebyss
How to implement:
Spoiler:

Steel-Toe: Boosts the power of kicking moves (variant of Iron Fist) Suggested users: Hitmonlee, Blaziken, Lopunny
How to Implement:
Spoiler:
There are many other custom abilities that are variants of other moves, for example a special version of Huge Power, but all you have to do is change a few values, so I didn't include those. If you're new to essentials and to coding, I highly recommend looking at the scripts for existing abilities, and basing your new ones off those. It teaches you about coding much more than just looking up how to do it. If you get stuck, then ask people for help :]

Last edited:
Back