• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

June Stats

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Broken the downward trend in the last few months thanks (finally) to some Pokemon news! But it's not as simple as that... (And besides, new staff on the team also helps!) First, the numbers.

The Raw Numbers
June total views: 78,360 (May: 48,992, April: 51,909)
June total visitors: 57,815 (May: 34,583, April: 35,790)
June average views/day: 2,612 (May: 1,580, April: 1,398)
Daily High Score: 5,402 (Best ever: 78,064 views, May: 4,730)
Lowest Score (for a full day): 1,388 (May: 1,167, April: 1,274)
Number of 100+ days: 30 (May: 31, April: 30)

Best month since February actually.

Image of hits/day:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

(Not shown in first image - 1st of June being higher than 2nd).

We had three peaks. At the start of the month we had the continued spotlight time for the Magikarp Guide article. Around the 5th/6th we had news of the Direct and then the Direct itself on Pokken Tournament DX on Switch and USUM on 3DS. And in the middle of the month we had a spike due to an article shared on Reddit and making the pokemon's reddit front page for the day. (So if you like our articles - please do share them! They can get you upvotes. =p)

After that stats started to calm down back to normal as news slowed more or less.

Articles visited since start of month until 1st Jul:
Spoiler:
(Note that articles posted in the month have the orange tab to the left. Those with < 30 hits in the month were cut for image size.)

Magikarp Jump Guide was posted at the end of May so it could be considered rather new as well, and you can see how that's gone even though we weren't instant in putting it out. The top-ranking article strictly posted in June however was... "Mistakes found in main series Pokemon game coding". Niche news that got the aforementioned boost on Reddit. Following up was the Necrozma article speculating on what it'd do in USUM - glad that proved popular. Then it was the Crystal eShop article by Jake.

SirBoglor had the good suggestion to update the Tiny Tourney article with a reminder on registration closing, although that got decent attention even before then. Other news pieces then dominated like Magikarp Jump update article, Mega Stones and CoroCoro. Rivvon's Rule of Three article got a spike of views as we re-promoted it following USUM's announcement. The various GO update articles also landed in the 100s.

Despite less time to get views in the month, the Alolan Mix-Up and GO opinion article by Ben did pretty decently too.

Google-specific stats ('clicks' = views, lower than total stats):
Spoiler:
Google loves the guides.

Search engines terms (what people put in anything but Google to get to the magazine.
Spoiler:
(Removed those that gave only one click.)

Google search terms by clickthrough rate (CTR; top 50):
Spoiler:
(Removed those that gave only one click.)

The funny and weird searches (that got clicks, and including google) include:
macho magikarp [it's amusing out of context]
bulu move
lepp? 255
choice freak
is speed important in ludicolo
unibail rodamco pokemon go
meloweta
its time for litten to set off
magikart
little alchemy how to make sun
miltank god

Google's top clicked pages (top 50):
Spoiler:
Guides at the top as usual. First non-guide or info post (RBY stats recalculated is kinda a guide) is the necrozma article, and then Crystal on eShop article.

Referrers (what sites people came from to visit the magazine):
Spoiler:
Reddit was huge this month, being the top non-search-engine referrer. Facebook and Twitter links were up too. Youtube as well!

Clicks (links clicked in articles)
Spoiler:

Country breakdown:
Spoiler:
US on top. Four more countries in the 1000+ views/month club again given the busier month. Singapore jumped up heaps.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Aaaaand reaction time!

macho magikarp [it's amusing out of context] - What Marcin said
bulu move - What did this even link to?
lepp? 255 - Gotta love the ?, makes it look cooler.
choice freak - I don't even know what item this is talking about
is speed important in ludicolo - Linked to my old Ludicolo article
unibail rodamco pokemon go - Uhhhhhhhhhh
meloweta - I mean, that's almost how you spell Meloetta phonetically I guess?
its time for litten to set off - Anime!
magikart - I can't decide if this was a typo or a new MK8 dx DLC. I'm hoping the latter.
little alchemy how to make sun - Little Alchemy was the worst game
miltank god - Why do the weird searches always link to MY articles?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Not to bad for the month. Good to see things picking up again. Hopefully we can see more of this in the coming months and likely will as long as we get a good flow of news for USUM.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
no doubt once more ultra sun/ultra moon news comes out, we'll be booming once again with views

Back