• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Gold/Silver article planning thread

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thread for planning threads to make for the re-release of Gold and Silver on the 3DS eShop!

Working list (please add to it!):

• Pokemon to use guide. Basically a guide of Pokemon to consider by route. Claimed by ddrox13
  • General tips and hints guide. Stuff to keep in mind given the games are rather old (e.g. movesets sure sucked back then =p). Stuff like what to do with the Red Scale, how to actually find Lugia, and what Starter should you consider (and that Chikorita = hard[er] mode).
  • Reminder article about the release + what is needed (eshop access + money I guess - cost in each region?).

Oh, and:
Forever said:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
How about a "nostalgia" article? Like, a short article about the good ol' days of playing the games on the GBC and adjusting to the new controls on the 3DS? Something like that?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump! Going to make a thread in 2nd gen section to let members help me with compiling things for the general tips article/guide.
In the run up to the release it might be fun to do the above with added stuff like, a rundown of the features the games introduced, how they went on and evolved throughout the series, things we miss from then etc etc. Also I think it would be a good idea to maybe bring back Blaine's Trivia for this? There's plenty of awesome things to write about GS in terms of what their betas were like, what was planned and what didn't happen. :)
That'd be neat, but we should get started on stuff like that... well, now. We'll see! (Any members are welcome to do that sort of article as well!).

Blaine's trivia is also a good idea.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Do we have a shiny hunting/breeding guide for second gen? Many will be buying the games for this very reason, so it makes sense to put some of this information up front when it releases.

Years
Maybe we could do a "GS secrets" (maybe GS beta article?) article comprising of not so well known things?

Some things that could be in it could be things like beta features and locations? We could also throw in some trivia like how GS were planned to be the last Pokemon games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Maybe we could do a "GS secrets" (maybe GS beta article?) article comprising of not so well known things?

Some things that could be in it could be things like beta features and locations? We could also throw in some trivia like how GS were planned to be the last Pokemon games.

Playing off of this, I think an article detailing how the "skateboard" item went unused and its mechanics became the "ice puzzles" would be very nice to make. It seems to be a rather unknown fact; I've only ever read one low-key article detailing its discovery.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Do we have a shiny hunting/breeding guide for second gen? Many will be buying the games for this very reason, so it makes sense to put some of this information up front when it releases.
We do not. That'd be a good separate guide given the mechanics are different. (Plus hidden abilities for everything transferred to Bank if they keep that mechanic the same!) Good idea.

That'd be interest to explor as well. Beta features are always interesting to explore.
Playing off of this, I think an article detailing how the "skateboard" item went unused and its mechanics became the "ice puzzles" would be very nice to make. It seems to be a rather unknown fact; I've only ever read one low-key article detailing its discovery.
I only loosely heard about the skateboard item myself.

There's nothing on it there but it's a good resource on this sort of thing nonetheless: https://tcrf.net/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver

Anyways, for those I quoted, we you interested in writing on those ideas?

ALSO: Going to work on editing/porting of my The Johto Games plot analysis article.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I forgot to post this like last week or so, but I'll work on the G/S cover images probably tomorrow after work in the morning if I have time, if not I'll be sure to get them done that evening.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I forgot to post this like last week or so, but I'll work on the G/S cover images probably tomorrow after work in the morning if I have time, if not I'll be sure to get them done that evening.
Cool. No huge rush, just as long as we have them ready by the time we can publish. We can also discuss ideas for art and whatnot more here or in discord. :)

Noting here for record's sake that SirBoglor wants to do the 2nd gen shiny hunting/breeding article.

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Oh man, this completely slipped my mind. I'll get on it tonight for sure!

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
double post because image is done!

Dk7bNaP.png

Back