• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Ok so now time for 4.0! This is a zip file which has Ash Gray 4.0 ips file inside it! So patch it yurself!

Thanks. I tried to open it in gba4ios but get a black screen every time. I don't know if I've done something wrong or if it's the download link. Regardless thanks for trying to help

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Thanks. I tried to open it in gba4ios but get a black screen every time. I don't know if I've done something wrong or if it's the download link. Regardless thanks for trying to help
Bro you need to take out the ips file of 4.0 which is inside the zip file and patch with a fresh fire red rom from coolrom.com and then play it.

Years
Hey :)

Maybe my question had already been posted but we have like more than 100 pages so it's not about not being brave but.... It's kinda too much to check every single page so let me ask here :)

First one: Is there any way to know which version you have? 'Cause I can't remember which version of AG I have and then I can't check if I can't go to Orange Islands because I didn't complete some things or if my version isn't the last one.

So, if my version isn't the last one, and I want to upgrade (Of course I want to, haha, this Hack is so addictive, I swear), do I have to start over? Because I would feel so bad to start all over again when I'm actually a League Champion right now...

Any way to help?

Thank you so much and I apologize right now if the answer is already somewhere in the last pages!!

Thank you again

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
There's no way to know which version you have once you rename it. =D
The global division are mentioned Orange Islands.

If you don't have access to them but you can finish league, you have >3.5.
If you don't have access to league, you have something like 3 > x > 3.5
If you have access to Orange Islands you have either 4.0 or 4.2. If you glitch in PokeCenter or with old lady you have 4.2.

And you shouldn't have any problems updating from >3.5 to 4.x but it may glitch.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 28, 2022
Ok so now time for 4.0! This is a zip file which has Ash Gray 4.0 ips file inside it! So patch it yurself!

Exscuse me, but there is a problem, when I prove to patch the ips file that you have linked at clean ROM and start the game, the ROM crash. Can you help me? (Sorry for my English but I'am Italian)

Years
There's no way to know which version you have once you rename it. =D
The global division are mentioned Orange Islands.

If you don't have access to them but you can finish league, you have >3.5.
If you don't have access to league, you have something like 3 > x > 3.5
If you have access to Orange Islands you have either 4.0 or 4.2. If you glitch in PokeCenter or with old lady you have 4.2.

And you shouldn't have any problems updating from >3.5 to 4.x but it may glitch.

Thank you Satoshi, really helpful answer :)! So I guess now I'm a 3.5 Hack Version. Youhouuuu.

Last Edit: I actually succeeded... I don't even know how hahahaha. Let me explain if someone got in the same trouble. I had already created a file on my Desk called "Pokemon Ash Grey" and in this file I already had extracted My VBA. I also extracted my ROM (The one file that ends with ".GBA") and I also extracted the new update. I renamed both of them with the same name so I now have the following stuff in my Desk file:

"Pokemon - Ash Grey.GBA" (Initial ROM)
"Pokemon - Ash Grey.ips" (Update downloaded)
"vba" (Text file)
"VisualBoyAdvance" (My Emulator)

But when I launch the game I had to start a new game. Which was my problem. But I noticed that when I launch the game, I have a new file named "Pokemon - Ash Grey.sav" in my Desk file.
So I simply replaced this new file with my old save of mine.

Close everything. Reload your Emulator and POUF. It's working :D!!

Thank you again Satoshi for answering to me when I needed help :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
I didn't see this question already asked/answered, but I am new here. Maybe I just missed it since this is a very popular community with a lot of posts. (rightfully so, this game rocks!) I just wanted to apologize in advance if this has already been resolved... If so, please point me in the right direction. I'll gladly look there!! Here goes: When I found the Rom, it was the 3.6 version. I didn't know the creator or that there was more to it. I just found it on Cool Roms... And that's when the addiction started.. Here is my dilemma: I have finished this twice now, and I want to go on to the Orange archipelago! I have been playing this all the while on my phone with the myboy emulator. I found out that getting the new version was as simple as patching an .isp with one of the many patching apps out there. I was super excited to be getting the patch directly from the source (hi, I am a big fan, by the way ;) ). I located the file with ease, BUT it would not download from my phone.. Any of the 15 times I tried. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I am always downloading apk files off my phone browser, and I know that in my settings I need to have checked that I can download from outside sources... Is there anything anyone suggests I try? Thanks for your time and patience!

Years
Exscuse me, but there is a problem, when I prove to patch the ips file that you have linked at clean ROM and start the game, the ROM crash. Can you help me? (Sorry for my English but I'am Italian)

Did you try downloading another ROM? Did you download the Red Fire ROM version? It's usually what they use for this version. It worked perfectly for me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 28, 2022
Did you try downloading another ROM? Did you download the Red Fire ROM version? It's usually what they use for this version. It worked perfectly for me.

I try a downloading another ROM. Maybe the problem was resolve...

Years
hello guys, well I have a problem with the new version of ash gray (4.2) I downloaded for my GBA4IOS but when i get to valencia island right after where the plane (whatever it is) get crashed i get a problem. The game seems to work perfect but after a couple talks to me and there is no other way to go besides a building where a old lady is. I get stuck my ash does not move the music still sound normal but I cannot use any bottom not even "start'". Please can somebody help me I really love the game but I cannot play it anymore because of that.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Can anyone name the events that require specific pokemon? I like experiencing the classic anime in a fresh new way, but I'd like to bring as many of my own favorite pokemon along with me as possible. I'd honestly rather take the starters out of the PC when I need them than sacrifice my Nidoking to the plot gods.

And before anyone says "the whole point is" just don't, please. I'm just asking a question.

And of course, awesome hack Metapod. You've woven the game and the anime into a single fresh but nostalgic experience. That's some next level stuff, seriously.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hello guys, well I have a problem with the new version of ash gray (4.2) I downloaded for my GBA4IOS but when i get to valencia island right after where the plane (whatever it is) get crashed i get a problem. The game seems to work perfect but after a couple talks to me and there is no other way to go besides a building where a old lady is. I get stuck my ash does not move the music still sound normal but I cannot use any bottom not even "start'". Please can somebody help me I really love the game but I cannot play it anymore because of that.
Reload and try to pass it with 4.0 version.

@bcrobert: Pretty much every episode? It's hard to pinpoint specific episodes...
You should have starters + Pikachu always with you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hey y'all need help ... I just did the muetwo thing and I lost my raft..... Is there still a way Ican go to route 22 p.s. I'm onmy phone so I I don't know about yape.

Aashutosh Kumar

The Friend of Friends
Years
I found a glitch, The place where i reach after Poke-land and where we do the Tentacuel Event, and the person says the place where the constructions has been destroyed by Tentacruel There is an Item called Star Piece there that reappears everytime you go away from it!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I just love this hack....reminds me of my childhood....I found out that there is a glitch on grandpa canyon. the aerodectyle keeps returning with its egg and there is no fossil but an old amber...and i evolved my squirtle into blastoise and I can't talk to the wartortle now... do i have to start it all over again? does gameshark cheat work on ashgray? what if i use a cheat to get a squirtle to activate the wartortle event?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Can someone please give me the link to the download file with the Orange Islands?

Back