• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well there is probobly a lot of errors, but the one that XSE is telling me is overflow on line 120 wrong paremeter type.
That is the give pokemon line after "you don't like speed eh?"

0x163 = a number bigger than 100, so maybe that's it, since that's the number for the Pokemon's level.

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
Years
Well, I think the problem with my scripts, is that I do not know how to put them into the game.

This is my script for a Fire Red, Person Script.

Spoiler:

Okay first off, here is the working version of your script:
@dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @text 0x2
end

#org @text
= Welcome to the Revolution Army!\nI'm an admin here.\pMy name is Leo.\lIt seems that you will be\la great member!

Thats how it should be if it just a regular person you talk to

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
i did *sadface*

Well here is a third time:
Spoiler:
Basically, from the bold point on... Makes completely no sense. That's probably why people didn't want to fix your script, because it would tire them. But anyways, you should've started with a smaller script if you're beginning.
First off:

You CANNOT do this:

Code:
msgbox @talk 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yespoke

#org @yespoke
= I chose Yes to the question.
if 0x0 goto @done
if 0x1 goto @done2

You get the idea... Fix them all to this:
Code:
#org @start
msgbox @talk 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yespoke
msgbox @notxt 0x6 [B]'You can write a script what happens here when you select no[/B]
release
end

#org @yespoke '[B]You can write a script here to tell what happens when Yes is selected[/B]
msgbox @yestxt 0x6
release
end

#org @yestxt

#org @notxt
= I chose No to the question.

msgbox 0x2 = Person msg (locks, faceplayer, and release command(s) built in)
msgbox 0x3 = Sign msg (makes the msgbox look like a sign, no "lock" is required)
msgbox 0x5 = Yes/no (followed by a compare 0x800D[LASTRESULT] 0x1 or 0x0)
msgbox 0x6 = Standard msg, no special effects..

Okay so now, I want you to try and fix it, and post your results again. I want you to learn from these mistakes, so it's only natural you try and fix them.

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
Years
Basically, from the bold point on... Makes completely no sense. That's probably why people didn't want to fix your script, because it would tire them. But anyways, you should've started with a smaller script if you're beginning.
First off:

You CANNOT do this:

Code:
msgbox @talk 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yespoke

#org @yespoke
if 0x0 goto @done
if 0x1 goto @done2

You get the idea... Fix them all to this:
Code:
#org @start
msgbox @talk 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yespoke
msgbox @notxt 0x6 [B]'You can write a script what happens here when you select no[/B]
release
end

#org @yespoke '[B]You can write a script here to tell what happens when Yes is selected[/B]
msgbox @yestxt 0x6
release
end

#org @yestxt

#org @notxt
= I chose No to the question.

msgbox 0x2 = Person msg (locks, faceplayer, and release command(s) built in)
msgbox 0x3 = Sign msg (makes the msgbox look like a sign, no "lock" is required)
msgbox 0x5 = Yes/no (followed by a compare 0x800D[LASTRESULT] 0x1 or 0x0)
msgbox 0x6 = Standard msg, no special effects..

Okay so now, I want you to try and fix it, and post your results again. I want you to learn from these mistakes, so it's only natural you try and fix them.
I am confused with this: 'You can write a script what happens here when you select no"
and this: "You can write a script here to tell what happens when Yes is selected"

I have no idea what I would put there, would I put the give pokemon script for the no part? and if so would I have to include the fanfare and the stuff like that?

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
I have a problem with Scripts. You see, when I get an offset, make a Script with it and compile it, when I come back later to edit it, then compile, the changes are not saved.

Basically, I can only compile it once before it comes uneditable. In addition, I can't even edit already-made Scripts (the ones which come with the ROM). Is this normal? I hope I explained well and I am using XSE, if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Okay first off, here is the working version of your script:
@dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @text 0x2
end

#org @text
= Welcome to the Revolution Army!\nI'm an admin here.\pMy name is Leo.\lIt seems that you will be\la great member!

Thats how it should be if it just a regular person you talk to

Well, I have a question. How am I supposed to add the script into the game? I've used Advance Map. I put that script into XSE, and save it, then I go into Advance Map, go to my Person Event, and put in $800000 (Which was Free Space in my ROM), but when I save it and go talk to the Admin, it just makes the sound when you hit A on people.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Well, I have a question. How am I supposed to add the script into the game? I've used Advance Map. I put that script into XSE, and save it, then I go into Advance Map, go to my Person Event, and put in $800000 (Which was Free Space in my ROM), but when I save it and go talk to the Admin, it just makes the sound when you hit A on people.

In XSE hit compile not save. Then in amap copy the offset that XSE gave you onto the person that you made the script for. Idk if you will understand what I mean so if you have trouble just vm me i guess...

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
In XSE hit compile not save. Then in amap copy the offset that XSE gave you onto the person that you made the script for. Idk if you will understand what I mean so if you have trouble just vm me i guess...
Could I ask how you Compile it? If I find out that, I think I can solve my problem!

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Click the little 'cog/gear' icon near the top of the program window after you have made your script.
The small little Cog is in gray, which means I cannot click on it. When I debug, I get this message.

"
No #org/#seek directives were found. Cannot compile."

This is the script again.

Spoiler:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I am confused with this: 'You can write a script what happens here when you select no"
and this: "You can write a script here to tell what happens when Yes is selected"

I have no idea what I would put there, would I put the give pokemon script for the no part? and if so would I have to include the fanfare and the stuff like that?
Code:
#org @start
msgbox @talk 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yespoke
release
end

msgbox @yestxt 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= Do you choose yes or no?

#org @yestxt

#org @notxt
= I chose No to the question.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]

The "#org @yespoke" is the script that is executed when you select yes. And since I wrote "msgbox @yestxt 0x6" there, that means when I select yes to the question It will display the text "I chose Yes to the question". And same for No, it will display "I chose No to the question". Get it?

This is the way you wrote it:

Code:
#org @text
= Do you want the Pokemon?
if 0x1 goto @yespoke
if 0x0 goto @nopoke

Which is incorrect. The script I posted above it the real way to write the script you're trying to create.

The small little Cog is in gray, which means I cannot click on it. When I debug, I get this message.

"
No #org/#seek directives were found. Cannot compile."

This is the script again.

Spoiler:
Try it now. You got an error because it was "@dynamic" instead of "#dynamic"

Q-Bone

Years
I made a Script, but when it is activated, my player gets locked, and the person who I want to make move just stands still. Please fix it:
Spoiler:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Well, I put that in, but Compile is still in gray. When I click on Debug, it gives me this huge log, with the choices "Clear, Cancel, or Save".
""

Did you open the ROM in XSE?

I made a Script, but when it is activated, my player gets locked, and the person who I want to make move just stands still. Please fix it:
Spoiler:

Script looks fine to me. (someone else better double check just in case)
You probably need to change one of the values in amap...

Q-Bone

Years
Script looks fine to me. (someone else better double check just in case) You probably need to change one of the values in amap...

Could somebody double-check this for me then please:

Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
the givepokemon line I think as to manny paramounts
also make sure your using free space offsets not offsets used in the game you might over laped offsets
also waitmovements dont work if the sprite is to far a way
also make sure if its a Tile script that you put Unknow 3 And Var Value 4050

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2009
This is the code i used in XSE and when i try to compile it, i get this message, "too less parameters on line 7. the correct number is 2.

can anyone help, this is my very first time trying to learn this script and ive tried several others that i have copied and pasted from tutorials, only to get the same responce.

#dynamic 0x80000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @text
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org @text
= Hello.\nI'm Cody.

Q-Bone

Years
the givepokemon line I think as to manny paramounts
also make sure your using free space offsets not offsets used in the game you might over laped offsets
also waitmovements dont work if the sprite is to far a way
also make sure if its a Tile script that you put Unknow 3 And Var Value 4050

1) 'givepokemon' has the correct amount of paramounts (6).
2) I've tried two separate offsets, which were both free.
3) I was 3 tiles away from the person who I wanted to move, so I doubt 'waitmovement' failed.
4)It wasn't a Tile Script.

Can somebody please, please help me. If you haven't read my earlier post, when I activate this script by standing on a tile, the person who I wish to move just still stands there, and I can't move. The person's number in Advance Map is the same as the Script's 'applymovement' command. SO I don't know what is wrong. Here is the Script:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back