• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Ugh, I've had teachers like that and honestly... I always find myself sat there like "yeah I could do this all on my own". Not much you can do really, other than follow Scarf's suggestion; a boring teacher is a boring teacher. :/

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Try dealing with a chemistry teacher 3 years straight who can in one 45 minute class manage to fill up and erase a standard size whiteboard 4 times over. It was a delirious futile effort to even make sense of Chemistry, even if you loved the subject. You either needed the iron will to study by yourself and make sense of it on your own, or go to an out of school curriculum program. Got nothing but flat D's from that class, and I personally love chemistry. And this is a high school mandatory class we're talking bout here.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My history teacher (not in a school; it's just a class) is actually really interesting. He fought in Vietnam and tells us war stories. He also makes fun of his other students, which is just amusing.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I had a literary teacher who lived through WW2 as a child in liverpool. Listening to his rural life in the 50s was awesome.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
My current math teacher is pretty amusing. He's one of those older, southern gentlemen who infuses his speech with a lot of character. Definitely makes math a lot more interesting than it would otherwise be.

Also, my last class was cancelled today, saw a sign on the door that said so. Go to the bathroom, come out, and see all of the students in there. I guess a big sign on the door wasn't enough to get their attention.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Trust me, you aren't the only one.

Let's all curse college together!

I'm hating you and everyone else in this thread right now, I'm 5 months away from graduation high school and getting into college. DON'T RUIN IT

I'm gonna major in psychology as well!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm hating you and everyone else in this thread right now, I'm 5 months away from graduation high school and getting into college. DON'T RUIN IT

I'm gonna major in psychology as well!

It's hard but more than worth it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I mean, its my opinion of course that its the fun one, cause I assume outside of the mandatory classes that won't help your major much, the fact that you get to learn how to pick a human mind down to the deepest most buried though is pretty amazing. Always considered Psychology myself, but I never had the grades to back it.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Right now I'm majoring in accounting but I might end up changing it in college. I've considered criminology or a fitness related degree. My old football coach told me having an accounting degree could help me get in the FBI and I also read that in an old book about the FBI so I might stick with it if I'm still interested in joining it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
How does linguistics sound for a college major? Though, I'm only a freshman, so its a long ways away :/.

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Right now I'm majoring in accounting but I might end up changing it in college. I've considered criminology or a fitness related degree. My old football coach told me having an accounting degree could help me get in the FBI and I also read that in an old book about the FBI so I might stick with it if I'm still interested in joining it.

Uh...if you're not in college, where are you majoring in accounting?

aynO8.gif

Honest

Hi!
Years
Toujie, what is that thing in the gif exactly? Meant to ask before but forgot.

If you're a freshman in high school... don't worry about college right now. Worry about surviving high school. o_o

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Ugh I hate people in public transportation...

This lady was getting off her seat to go to the bus exit, so I assumed she was going off the same stop as me which was the next one. When the bus door finally opened people started going out but she stayed there, I thought she was waiting until everyone got off so I waited patiently behind her and even when everyone was off, she was still there! So I was like wtf? And tried to rush in front of her before the door closed but it was too late. The bus was leaving the stop already, so I had to get off at the next one.
UGH! Why the hell do you get up and stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR?! ><

Honest

Hi!
Years
Now that's a rant. But I dislike public transportation as well. New York City's subway system is so bipolar.

Also, irrelevant, but PC should have a Valentine's Day themed event. Secret Valentines would be pretty neat, imo!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea, I just had to let that out. People in public transportation are just 'AHH!'. If I wasn't so quiet, I would punch a person or two >=/

For the Valentine's Day event. I only know of one for now lmao. The Pokemon Challenge, based on Valetine's Day "Love in the Cloud'

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The only time I used public transportation was when I used the bus my junior year of high school to get home from the place where my junior service project was at. My dad couldn't take me home everytime cause he was usually still at work when I got off and so I took the bus most of the time. And let me tell you, I didn't really like it the first few times cause I'd take the wrong bus and got lost a couple times. XD So I guess you cans say, I'm not really fond of public transportation but will probably have to use it when I finally get a job and get into college. (Yup I'm one of the few people my age not in college.)

@Bloodex That's a Dalek from Doctor Who. The Doctor's greatest's enemy.

And yes we should have a Valentine's event on PC. I'm not sure what kind events we'd have except maybe a battle tournament or a Egg Swap. Or a scavenger hunt where people find hidden Luvdisc throughout the forum?? And the person who finds the most would win a special emblem of course! Gen 6 should introduce a cupid based Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back