• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Welcome to the General Entertainment Culture & Media Daily Chit-Chat. A sort-of combination of the many other DCCs that frequent the rest of PC (e.g. Other Chat, Pokémon General, Japanese Entertainment General Chat and Pokemon General, etc.) as well as the previous 'Last _____ you watched' threads, this is the premier destination to talk about entertainment on a day-to-day basis. Pretty much anything goes here, but I do ask that you try and follow these guidelines:

• Follow all of the rules, obvs. (Especially the NO LISTING RULE!)
  • Try and stay on topic as much as possible, but don't worry if you can't. For example, if you desperately want to talk about an episode of Glee and the focus is on heavy metal music, try and find a way to link the two before abruptly changing the topic.
  • If the thread seems to be lagging, however, feel free to change the topic.
  • Please try not to post loads of entries in a short space of time. If you're bursting with entertainment word vomit, make one long post instead of lots of short ones. It becomes disheartening to read responses by the same two/three people over and over again.
  • Be respectful of others' opinions on entertainment topics, but don't be afraid to engage in lively debate. So long as the debate remains civil, it would be wonderful to see in GE C&M, because Dave burned GE to the ground! mwahaha
  • Have fun! PC, for many of us, is a place where we come to relax, and I hope that this thread can aid in the relaxation process.
(The guidelines above are just that: guidelines. Apart from the first one, they're not rules of the forum, but more of a guide as to how this thread will work, as it's sorta uncharted territory. As such, I'm going to be pragmatic when enforcing them.)

I'll get the ball rolling: this weekend has seen a lot of new family-friendly films at the US box office. Did you see any over the Thanksgiving holiday? (E.g. The Muppets, Arthur Christmas, Hugo etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Thanksgiving is always a great time to see movies. I saw the Muppets on Friday (and now I have the soundtrack).

TheMuppets2011Soundtrack.jpg

I certainly won't be seeing anything Christmas-themed, family-oriented or otherwise. I just can't stomach any more X-mas than the copious amounts of it permeating the whole month of December.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
I have yet to see one of the seasonal movies, but I am wishing to see The Muppets Movies ...
Speaking of seasonal movies, are you eager about the Christmas specials?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
REST IN PEACE WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO THREAD'S
I WILL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU
YOU WERE A TRUE SOURCE OF post count HAPPINESS

I haven't been in a movie theater in a while and I generally steer clear of all seasonal movies. They all just seem so...unappealing to me.

Years
Oh, poor little chit-chat thread. No one's posted in you for over a day.

So... changing topics a bit. I've been on a music kick for an artist I only recently heard of, Florence + the Machine. (Maybe this is already an old artist that everyone's heard of, but I live under a rock and don't know these things.) The album Ceremonials blew me away on the first listen and it's going to be on repeat for a while longer. I love when I find music like this, music that reawakens the music lover in me. It can make me happy all week.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I've listen to Florence + the Machine before, and they're really good, their debut album, Lungs is by far my favorite. I still haven't heard of Ceremonials, but will most likely listen if I have the time. :)

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Do you listen to Adele?

I got myself a new theme, I can't stop listening to Talk that Talk, a pop masterpiece. <3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
OMG Cat Dog I was gonna suggest a C&M DCC to you but then I thought "nah he'll think it's stupid" lol

I've only heard two Adele songs that I'm aware of - I'll bet you can guess which two they are. I love Rolling in the Deep but I can't stomach Someone Like You. It's... whiny. Kind of like that comically melodramatic Jar of Hearts song Christina Perri inflicted on us all only not as bad :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite Adele song is an album-only track: 'I'll Be Waiting'. It's a rousing, uplifting number with a good beat and melody that doesn't wear out after multiple listens (as some of her other tracks have a tendency to). 'Someone Like You' and 'Rolling in the Deep' do run the risk of being extensively overplayed but, if it's what people want...

In any event, she's going to sweep the Grammys next year. Practically a given.

Years
Are we going to have a Grammy predictions event here in C&M? (As if I have to ask.)

I've never heard any of Adele's music. (The overwhelming adoration for her makes my hype-senses tingle.) Is she really that good?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Although I do enjoy Adele and I love 21, I feel as if all I hear about nowadays is Adele. don't get me wrong, her music is wonderful, but I just want people to shut up about how amazing she is just for one day. Just one day ;-;
Granted, I'd like that to happen to all fanbases (the Gaga fanbase especially), but I don't know, it's just been getting on my nerves lately?

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Already posted the Grammy nominations! :D

Adele has certainly become an absolute force in the music industry. It's hard to sell at least 10M+ in today's generation, with no further promotions or anything else.

Years
On the subject of movies, I'm watching Alvin And The Chipmunks right now. Makes me want to relive that era of chipmunk-voiced music...

And there's an Alvin "threequel" coming out this summer.

I remember editing music to have chipmunk voices through programs such as WavePad and Audacity. I even heard a lot of popular songs given the chipmunk treatment on YouTube.

Another thing I liked was those Chipmunk-themed groups on DeviantArt.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
On the subject of movies, I'm watching Alvin And The Chipmunks right now. Makes me want to relive that era of chipmunk-voiced music...

And there's an Alvin "threequel" coming out this summer.

I remember editing music to have chipmunk voices through programs such as WavePad and Audacity. I even heard a lot of popular songs given the chipmunk treatment on YouTube.

Another thing I liked was those Chipmunk-themed groups on DeviantArt.

I just finished watching that on Channel 9 too xD

I wonder how many of these movies they're gonna make...

Years
I just finished watching that on Channel 9 too xD

I wonder how many of these movies they're gonna make...

I remember watching the first CGI/live-action Alvin movie for the first time, Jason Lee was hilarious in it and I think he's one of my fave actors.

Get this - Simon's VA stars in Criminal Minds.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ah, so we have some fans of Adele here? Have any of you heard of Rebecca Ferguson? She was a contestant on the UK X Factor last year, she came second, which some could is a good thing. But yeah, she's releasing a new album on the 5th, and some of the songs I've heard so far are fantastic. You guys should check them out, especially "Fairy Tale (Let Me Live My Life This Way)" and "Shoulder to Shoulder"

Check this out;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back