• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
So what could be the next new main game, Pokemon Grey like some have assumed?,
If it's gen VI game we would have known new Pokemon before, and still it's still early for a new Gen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So what could be the next new main game, Pokemon Grey like some have assumed?,
If it's gen VI game we would have known new Pokemon before, and still it's still early for a new Gen.

Grey, unless paired with another color for Gen 6 isn't likely to happen. Gen 5 is pretty much over. They really can't do anything with Unova at this point anymore. Only thing now is to move forward down the line.

As for too soon for Gen 6, no it really isn't. Gen 5 has existed for 3 years counting 2010. That was how long Gen 1 existed. Its been a good while since B2W2 came out as well so its possible to move to the next gen if it releases at anytime past June/July as that would be a year, then again it doesn't have to be a full year. Some have happened faster than that, granted they weren't generation shifts, but Gamefreak already said there is no order to release. They release when they finish making them and beta testing. So the next one can very well be the next Gen games.

As for the Remakes for DS. At this point I'm joining the not going to happen group because there are STILL no games listed for the DS in 2013. Its already the end of the year and still no possible titles are appearing as far as I've been shown. The DS is pretty much dead and most likely going to see the discontinue list after the holidays have calmed down.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yep.
Its not like the 3DS is just DS with gimmick, NOT AT ALL. It has a serious hardware upgrade compared to DS...heck its carts hold as much data as Wii discs.

@scprepschool
We've gone from, one of Nintendos top franchises not moving to 3DS in 2.5 years, to skipping the 3DS?
Seriously?

@hyperxhydra:
Gotta understand that with a release around end of summer is some time away.
I bet you'll get your new pokemon as the secret star of the movie in the coming 2 months, followed by new gen revealing time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
If remakes aren't next, then I can see a likely 2015 release for the anniversary of Emerald. Feels like forever away though, it's just so annoying that the most beautiful region hasn't been rendered in 3D while every other region has.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
So the next game is going to be a main title. Expected, but quite interesting.

I wonder what that "?" was in the Smash episode. I guess it's a giant shiny Genesect figurine.. They won't talk about next gen so soon.

I guess the next remake would hit 2014 - 2015 then.
I would love to see a 3D Hoenn.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
If remakes aren't next, then I can see a likely 2015 release for the anniversary of Emerald. Feels like forever away though, it's just so annoying that the most beautiful region hasn't been rendered in 3D while every other region has.

Emerald was released 2004 in Japan.
Some anniversary match would be mostly coincidental, and definitely not a guideline or basis on what games to develop....

If they release gen VI main games September-November 2013,
it depends on what their plans are.

A.
Sequels/third version first, would mean a ~June 2015 release
and then the potential Hoenn related nostalgia game Summer/Fall 2016

B.
Hoenn related first, if its boring copy&paste remakes early 2015, if its something more creative like a sequel, late 2015
Followed by the sequel/third version of gen VI same time 2016.

It very much depends on how they'll prepare gen VI, and how complete or unfinished they will feel, implying the sequel as gen finish, or continued right away.

IMO the most likely would be B with something creative for Hoenn.

So the next game is going to be a main title. Expected, but quite interesting.

I wonder what that "?" was in the Smash episode. I guess it's a giant shiny Genesect figurine.. They won't talk about next gen so soon.

I guess the next remake would hit 2014 - 2015 then.
I would love to see a 3D Hoenn.

Again. Notice how "known" pokemon are confirmed in December (Kyurem, Giratina..) along with an incomplete title and a simple poster,
and then towards February, the actual new reveal and any formes are shown (Keldeo, Arceus, Shaymin..), and the title extended to include the new Pokemon and a full blown poster.

The first poster in december is pretty plain, showcasing merely the confirmed legend/s. The full poster later shows the newly revealed star, full title, Ash and the rest...

Nr. - Known Pokemon/December reveal/confirmation - other star revealed - pre-order - main-event
M8 - Mew
85px-Japanese_M08_teaser_poster.png
- Lucario
85px-Pokemon2005poster.jpg
- 0 - 0
M9 - Kyogre
85px-Movie9.jpg
- Manaphy
85px-M09Japanese.png
- 0 -
490.png

M10 - Dialga/Palkia
84px-Dialga_vs._Palkia_poster.jpg
- Darkrai
85px-Dialga_vs._Palkia_vs._Darkrai_poster.jpg
-
386.png
-
491.png

M11 - Giratina
85px-Movie_11_initial_poster.png
- Shaymin
90px-Movie_11_final_poster.png
-
486.png
-
492.png

M12 - Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
85px-Movie12poster1.png
- Arceus
85px-Movie_12_Arceus_Choukoku_Jikuu_e_Oha_Suta_poster.png
-
172.png
-
493.png

M13 - Beasts/Celebi
85px-PhantomRulerZ.png
- Zoroark
85px-Ruler_of_Illusions_Zoroark.png
-
243.png
244.png
245.png
-
251.png

M14 - Victini/Zekrom
85px-Victini_and_the_Black_Hero_Zekrom_poster.png
- dual movie
85px-M14_poster_2.png
-
494.png
-
644.png
643.png

M15 - Musketeers/Kyurem
84px-M15_teaser_poster.png
- Keldeo
85px-M15_poster.png
-
647.png
-
648.png

M16 - Genesect
images
- ??? -
649.png
- ???

SURELY THATS ALL FOR M16/sarcasm

I mean seriously. 3 distinct things that got revealed after new year for the past movies are missing as expected:
A new pokemon, a proper poster with full title, another event pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Generation 6 will most likely come in late 2013 for Japan, and around Spring 2014 for the rest of the world.

Unless, for some reason there are no new Pokemon revealed for the new movie.

I also doubt that a Hoenn remake would recieve so much work that it could pertain as a sequel. The only Generation I see that can have a "sequel" in a new Generation is Gen 4, mostly because Cyrus was not arrested, and he promised that he would continue to look for a way to create his new universe. At least he did in Platinum, which is currently the canon game of Gen 4.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Generation 6 will most likely come in late 2013 for Japan, and around Spring 2014 for the rest of the world.

Unless, for some reason there are no new Pokemon revealed for the new movie.

I also doubt that a Hoenn remake would recieve so much work that it could pertain as a sequel. The only Generation I see that can have a "sequel" in a new Generation is Gen 4, mostly because Cyrus was not arrested, and he promised that he would continue to look for a way to create his new universe. At least he did in Platinum, which is currently the canon game of Gen 4.

Actually now that I think about it seriously for the first time...They might have considered DP sequels and made it easier than the RS mess.

Dialga Palkia and Giratina are a perfect equal trio (unlike the other mascots where the third one is superior in some way), if it wasn't for Giratinas unexpected Forme in Platinum..

When they would get around doing DP sequels, they could easily have Dialga/Palkia as the mascots again, but give them their Formes too, and explore more dimensions similar to the Torn World.

O:

Years
Yep.
Its not like the 3DS is just DS with gimmick, NOT AT ALL. It has a serious hardware upgrade compared to DS...heck its carts hold as much data as Wii discs.

@scprepschool
We've gone from, one of Nintendos top franchises not moving to 3DS in 2.5 years, to skipping the 3DS?
Seriously?

@hyperxhydra:
Gotta understand that with a release around end of summer is some time away.
I bet you'll get your new pokemon as the secret star of the movie in the coming 2 months, followed by new gen revealing time.

I assume you are only reading parts you wanna see to form some kind of argument with me or undermine my theory. Its okay though... if you look back at what i said, i said, I was HOPInG they would skip 3ds because I am not a fan of the ds. Nowhere not once did i say it was a realistic possibility. Just saying i stoof firm behind their being a grey version, i knew kyurem would be the main legend for unova successing zek and resh. I was wrong but i was right too. People tried to say their was no proof the kyuREM had anything to do with zekROM or reshiRAM. Yeah i thought it would have been a grey version, so i was half wrong but if anyone say they predicted that their would be a black and white 2 version i will completely ignore them. Just saying i could be wrong and i could be right about the rse remake coming before the next gen. But i never tried to say 3ds will discontinue before that point. I just said i hoped it would because i dont like the 3ds system

Years
I assume you are only reading parts you wanna see to form some kind of argument with me or undermine my theory. Its okay though... if you look back at what i said, i said, I was HOPInG they would skip 3ds because I am not a fan of the ds. Nowhere not once did i say it was a realistic possibility. Just saying i stoof firm behind their being a grey version, i knew kyurem would be the main legend for unova successing zek and resh. I was wrong but i was right too. People tried to say their was no proof the kyuREM had anything to do with zekROM or reshiRAM. Yeah i thought it would have been a grey version, so i was half wrong but if anyone say they predicted that their would be a black and white 2 version i will completely ignore them. Just saying i could be wrong and i could be right about the rse remake coming before the next gen. But i never tried to say 3ds will discontinue before that point. I just said i hoped it would because i dont like the 3ds system

Why don't you like the 3DS, if I may ask. I think it's a step forward for Nintendo in the console market with all it's high tech systems. It's made a lot of things easier for me to do.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Why don't you like the 3DS, if I may ask. I think it's a step forward for Nintendo in the console market with all it's high tech systems. It's made a lot of things easier for me to do.

I kinda feel the same way. It's not that I don't like it its just i never seen it in full action.
After playing the wii u I kinda want a home screen and features similar to the new system.
I see what a pokemon game could be on the 3ds and I'm excited. But I look at what a pokemon game could be on the wii u I'm speechless . Know I know the Wii u is not a handheld but the game pad keeps me hopeful

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

The REM, RAM, ROM thing didn't have anything to do with the new games. There is mo official libking of thier names. If they didn't need to use the item to fuse the argument could hold water, but since kyurem has to have an item to be able to fuse with only one other dragon. The stories conflict between first and second series games and there are inconsistancies with many key points between the two plots. So only official link we have is the DNA Pins forced fusion.

Also, even if it was just you sayin you hope they skip the 3DS, that still qualifies for his "not going to happen" answer. You basically want us to wait 4+ years with the next consol possibly being higher graphics quality than the 3DS. As we said, there aren't any DS games to come out for the DS in 2013. There is very small chance which is nearly non-exsiting chance of us getting DS games in 2013 right now.

Gamefreak already can program for the 3DS so a good chance for a 3DS game to come next.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
What if the new game is in another region next to Unova featuring the Original dragon, so it's like
a 3rd game but different region, it could be after some years from B2W2 or before.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Gamefreak has had the development kit for the 3DS since January 2010, there is no way there isn't a 3DS game coming next year. They've had practically 3 years to begin developing a game for it, there is no way they'll stick with the DS any longer.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Gamefreak has had the development kit for the 3DS since January 2010, there is no way there isn't a 3DS game coming next year. They've had practically 3 years to begin developing a game for it, there is no way they'll stick with the DS any longer.

If the release dates are like Fall 2013, that'll be almost 4 years XD

Gen VI will be the initial games that took the longest to appear after their handheld is released no matter how fast it comes out lol. (current record: DP came out 2 years after DS)

yet many people somehow still think DS games are a possibility... I don't get it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just popping in to say that if you don't like the DS or the 3DS or the GameBoy Color or whatever, save that topic for another thread, please. Although it's fine to discuss the possibility of the console choice for RSE remakes, we don't need to discuss what we like and don't like about the console and have the topic go all over the place about it. Thanks, guys.

Years
I dont see the purpose of having a rse remake speculative thread if every speculative comment is going to be flamed and treated as ignorant banter. I said that my opinion of the 3ds was an opinion thats all and shouldnt have went further than that. Ive been several different members of pokecommunity for years. I was hacking ruby and sapphire as ghost lugia back in 2005-2006. I forget passwords. And recreate acounts pokecomunity has been a huge part of my internet activity over the years but i never remember it ruling with an iron fist over imaginative creation. It has started tp seem like maybe a vandetta against my theories.
Heres another one for the post though... seeing as how it will probably get beat out of the thread and considered as having no factual barring ( even though speculation is not the same as fact maybe change the thread title to rse remake facts?)
Buttt.... anywho... they implemented a little of rse's music in black in white 2 like pwt and battle points reception jingles
But this also couldn't support my original theory in a speculative format?
Its jibberish right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back