• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Probably because people want to migrate pokemon from Gen III games to Gen IV games and to find a shop selling Gen III games is tough nowdays.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
I have troubles to beat Kingdra (lvl 76) in 3rd of elite four tournament
It uses Surf, Dragon breath or Ice beam according to my chosen pokemon, it attacks always first and kill my pokemon in one, max two hits .. how can i beat it, what kind of pokemon should I use ?

Fire Wolf

Years
arcanineflames23, you can find Wailord's in Sapphire while surfing on Route 123. They are rare, so be patient.

TigerSwift

New Breeder
Years
I am looking at buying Pokemon Emerald second hand but at the moment I can only find US versions.

I have the European Platinum version.

If I have a US GBA game, and a EUR DS game will i have problems transferring pokemon to my DS games using the Pal Park?

Cheers

Fire Wolf

Years
You can easily transfer pokemon from Gen III games to Gen IV games if both the games are of the same language, not region.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
Years
I know people have probably gone over this time and time again, but I could not find any reliable answers anywhere on Google... So, anywho, in Emerald, is there a way to reboot the internal battery without replacing it? I just bought it, and I kind of bummed that I can't grow Berries, visit Mirage Island, change tides in Shoal Cave, etc... Any help, here? Again, I don't trust myself to replace it. It's okay if I have to reset my game file, though; the only significant thing I've done was choosing my Starter.

EDIT: Does this affect Rematches? If so, and if there's no way to fix it, I'll just return it to GameStop...

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
Does anyone know exactly why they replaced Steven with Wallace and Wallace with Juan in Emerald?
Must be because Steven resigned as champion and Wallace, being the 8th Gym Leader (or you can say the last), was promoted to Champion. Wallace must have got a choice to make anyone the Sootopolis Gym Leader and made Juan, his teacher (or former teacher), the Gym Leader.

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
Years
Does anyone know exactly why they replaced Steven with Wallace and Wallace with Juan in Emerald?

Not sure. It wouldn't make sense if Steven quit, because Drake would take over.
Maybe to get people to buy the game, make it more unique?

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
Years
Thanks for the help guys. ^_^

I can understand that they probably wanted someone as strong as Red in it, but it's still a wonder why they chose Wallace to take over as Champion.

GoldvsRed

Years
Thanks for the help guys. ^_^

I can understand that they probably wanted someone as strong as Red in it, but it's still a wonder why they chose Wallace to take over as Champion.

Yeah, when we first heard that Steven was no longer Champion, my brother and I had assumed that it would be Scott, since you encounter him all the time, like most other Champions. Then... It was Wallace. What the Houndoom. By the way, don't mean to spam, but does anyone know the answer to my predicament?

Years
I know people have probably gone over this time and time again, but I could not find any reliable answers anywhere on Google... So, anywho, in Emerald, is there a way to reboot the internal battery without replacing it? I just bought it, and I kind of bummed that I can't grow Berries, visit Mirage Island, change tides in Shoal Cave, etc... Any help, here? Again, I don't trust myself to replace it. It's okay if I have to reset my game file, though; the only significant thing I've done was choosing my Starter.

EDIT: Does this affect Rematches? If so, and if there's no way to fix it, I'll just return it to GameStop...

Hm... I thought the Berry glitch was only supposed to affect R/S. Have you tried the Berry fix yet?

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Yes, I know this is a stupid question, but does anyone know some good moves to defeat Lorieli's Slowbro?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

GoldvsRed

Years
That is the berry glitch. Also, no it doesn't.

Okay, will it do anything to the game, other than fix the clock? Will it erase any data? also, are there any other reasons, anybody? Half of the places I look say that Emerald is immune to the Berry Glitch, but the the other half disagree... Also, I do know that its a legit copy. It has the translucent green cartridge (something tells me that bootleggers wouldn't go through all that trouble), and I took it apart to see the interiors, and none of it had the tell-tale signs... I'm gonna' miss Shoal Cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back