• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: E&M Fall Chit Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Entertainment & Media Fall Chit Chat!

tumblr_mtemxprUDe1r3tsmdo1_500.gif

New season, new Chit Chat! Welcome to the even newer Entertainment & Media Chit Chat thread! Feel free to discuss all things Entertainment related here with your fellow PC Entertainment fanatics! Whether it be reactions to shows or movies, new music, ANYTHING!

A few rules to keep in mind when posting here to make the experience enjoyable for everyone;

Don't flame, troll, or harass.
This is meant to be a relaxed atmosphere. Don't ruin it for other users please!

Move deeper discussions to new threads.
Topics can quickly change in here, but if you would like to have a longer and deeper discussion on a specific topic, make a new thread dedicated to that!

Don't ask what the topic is.
Posts asking what is currently being discussed is considered spam and is not constructive. Posts like this will be deleted. It is really easy just to take a look at other posts quickly and see what the current topic is!

PS: You can also discuss changes/events you would like to see here in E&M! Alternatively, you can contact the E&M Moderator Mizakii privately with any feedback you want to share.​

tumblr_m5kjbvGXoz1qidrzzo1_250.gif

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'll start us off;

Are there any upcoming movies coming out before 2018 ends that you really want to see?

Years
There are some awesome movies. I'm going to rank them by my level of hype. :D

1. Mary Poppins Returns [Dec 19]
    Like... initially hearing about it, I was skeptical. But when I found out that Lin Manuel Miranda & Emily Blunt are involved, I was sold. Plus that recent trailer was AMAZING!
  2. A Star Is Born [Oct 5]
    I'm pretty excited to see Gaga's big screen debut. It looks like it's going to be pretty good. I've heard super great things about it. The promotional song, Shallow, is pretty good. Bradley Cooper does a surprisingly good job, too.
  3. The Crimes of Grindelwald [Nov 16]
    I've always been a huge Harry Potter fan, and I love new content that builds on the world. I'm excited to see something new.
  4. Wreck It Ralph 2 [Nov 21]
    The trailers have looked super good so far. I really hope the scene with the Disney Princesses is super long and good salkdfjsadfl the crossover idea looks so good.

That's all I can think of. I hope I haven't missed anything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
There are some awesome movies. I'm going to rank them by my level of hype. :D

1. Mary Poppins Returns [Dec 19]
    Like... initially hearing about it, I was skeptical. But when I found out that Lin Manuel Miranda & Emily Blunt are involved, I was sold. Plus that recent trailer was AMAZING!
  2. A Star Is Born [Oct 5]
    I'm pretty excited to see Gaga's big screen debut. It looks like it's going to be pretty good. I've heard super great things about it. The promotional song, Shallow, is pretty good. Bradley Cooper does a surprisingly good job, too.
  3. The Crimes of Grindelwald [Nov 16]
    I've always been a huge Harry Potter fan, and I love new content that builds on the world. I'm excited to see something new.
  4. Wreck It Ralph 2 [Nov 21]
    The trailers have looked super good so far. I really hope the scene with the Disney Princesses is super long and good salkdfjsadfl the crossover idea looks so good.

That's all I can think of. I hope I haven't missed anything.

Oooo good choices! I want to see all of these as well!

In addition to those, I want to also see Venom, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Bad Times @ The El Royale.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Oooo good choices! I want to see all of these as well!

In addition to those, I want to also see Venom, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Bad Times @ The El Royale.

How do you feel about Venom? I've got mixed feelings about it with Tom Hardy as the lead personally.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
How do you feel about Venom? I've got mixed feelings about it with Tom Hardy as the lead personally.

I don't have any doubts that Tom Hardy will deliver a great performance as Venom. He's really great at playing the villain, like when he was Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

I'm personally more worried about the writing.

Years
Venom looks sketch af, and does not have the best rating.

I'm seeing ASIB on Tuesday tho. WIG

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN IT

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Venom looks sketch af, and does not have the best rating.

I'm seeing ASIB on Tuesday tho. WIG

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN IT

Saw it yesterday! Was pretty good, although that ending was pretty lame considering it wasn't as poignant as it could have been.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm actually surprised that Venom ended up beating A Star Is Born in terms of box office opening, despite the mostly negative reviews.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
probably because the people who enjoyed it actually didnt put a review of it. Thats why I say, don't listen to what others say about. Watch it yourself, and then judge it, because then it would be from you. Because you could be part of that small percent that like it, but you listened to the reviews and just hated it instead. I actually havent said that before but still. Plus I wanna see Venom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Venom was projected to bring in a whole lot more than ASIB. Venom has mostly negative critic reviews, but viewers who take the time to view it on the whole vote it as positive. I haven't seen either myself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I never really listen to critics anyway. If there?s a movie I want to see, I?ll see it even if the critics pan it.

FlameChrome

Years
Now the Batman V. Superman, I agree with who said it was terriable. But i have seen other movies that had about 3 stars from these rating companies and they were great, to me at least. I say enjoy the movies you like, dont let others tell you how to feel about it, specially before you even see it.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Superhero films out grossing a Musical shouldn't even be thought about, they are different genres with different target audiences.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Superhero films out grossing a Musical shouldn't even be thought about, they are different genres with different target audiences.

Yes, I understand that. All I was saying is that I was surprised.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I was going to go tot he cinema to watch Venom but now I'm thinking maybe I'll just wait.

FlameChrome

Years
just wait until RedBox has it, much cheaper, and if you dont like it, you only spent about $1 on it instead of about 7. (in american currency) or even just wait until netflix or something has it. Cheaper to rent it then to watch it in cinema

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Sometimes watching action movies like that are funner in a theater with other people.

Theaters have gotten so expensive though :x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back