• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I also have the problem with Zoroark in battle and need to have it fixed ASAP

Years
I came back... Now with an error on the Positioner.exe: When I use that, it modifies the ability field on pokemon.txt, emptying this. That is so boring... For now, I have to put all abilities of the pokemon back.

Positioner is doing that to me as well.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I came back... Now with an error on the Positioner.exe: When I use that, it modifies the ability field on pokemon.txt, emptying this. That is so boring... For now, I have to put all abilities of the pokemon back.

That happens to me with EBS as well in essentials 16.2 but if I use editor to modify sprites position without EBS it won?t empty the abilities, maybe it?s EBS fault...maybe not.

Edit: Ebs was updated and that was a bug fixed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
It's still removing the abilities to me, so i edited the original editor scripts and made this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zszac43yep0s5u3/PositionerScripts.rxdata
it's working for me, maybe it will work for you guys with the same problem.

Indeed It is removing the abilities even though the changelog says it is fixed. I Updated all scripts and downloaded the resources and aplied them again in my game and the positioner it´s still removing the abilities but the rest of the changelog is correct.

XerneasNeeds

PrismReverie
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
Ive been testing out things in my fangame and whenever i use curse or when moody activates it gives me an error and i dont know why it does.

Years
Ive been testing out things in my fangame and whenever i use curse or when moody activates it gives me an error and i dont know why it does.

I have no idea why people insist on posting things like this, and not including the error itself.
If it gives an error, you can find it in your debug log, or just copy it when it shows up. Scripters aren't magic, it's often unlikely a vague description will actually point them in the right direction.

Not that it really matters in this thread, but it's the principle

Years
unfortunately, Elite Battle Keeps throwing this error whenever I enter a battle
5bc00d2b85.PNG

(this image shows the error thrown during a trainer battle)
All I can figure out is that it's something to do with shiny Pokémon.

What has happened?
Oh, I haven't modified EBS in any way. I just reinstalled it to see if that would work.

gr3ygho$t28

Veteran Gamer
Years
Stupid question most likely, but what do I name an image file for say.. a vsTrainer image for a gym leader such as brock? I know it says to use the trainer ID, but I'm pretty new to Essentials, and don't know what brocks ID is, or if I have to use a custom script on brock's event in order for the new vs popup to work correctly.

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
Years
Not sure if anyone else has posted this issue, I went back a couple pages and didn't see it.
I've put in the newest update of Elite Battle (after not updating for a while) and didn't make any changes to it, but every time I go into a trainer battle it freezes when the trainer is about to send in another Pokémon. This happens regardless of it I choose to switch out the Pokémon or not. There's no error message or anything, it just freezes.

Not sure if this is an issue with Elite Battle itself or if its something to do with my scripts, which I doubt because Elite Battle is the only thing that I have related to battling.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 5, 2018
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Sorry to bother, guys. But I've read the entire script and I couldn't find where I can chance the frame_rate speed of the animation! My Pokémons are moving too fast! ( since I only have 4 frames)

EDIT:

I managed to create a little script to duplicate automatically my frames. Thanks

Last edited:
Years
Does anyone know how to fix the "undefined method 'isShiny?'" error in Essentials 16.2 ?

Here is the full errorlog:

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `isShiny?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xb3ef1d8>
EliteBattle_UI:2332:in `refresh'
EliteBattle_UI:2198:in `appear'
EliteBattle_Scene:414:in `pbStartBattle'
EliteBattle_Battle:110:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2603:in `pbStartBattle'
PField_Field:1015:in `pbWildBattle_old'
PField_Field:1014:in `pbSceneStandby'
PField_Field:1016:in `pbWildBattle_old'
PField_Field:1013:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PField_Field:1013:in `pbWildBattle_old'

Nevermind. Somehow the error is gone.

Last edited:
Years
No, it was a non-shiny Pokemon and besides that, I am not missing any sprites.
Btw, this error had been fixed in v15.x but as I said it occurs again in v16.2... Very strange isnt it?

Years
Hey there

I've been trying to add an animation to the player character's sprite in the "Trainer Card" menu, using the "DynamicTrainerSprite" method, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how it properly works. What I want is to have the player's sprite complete it's full animation, then stop on the last frame, as seen in opponents during the beginning of a trainer battle.

From what I have so far the sprite animates fine, but the animation loops over and over again. I've tried using the ".lock" method, only to find out it stops the animation immediately. Obviously I'm missing something/ doing something wrong, so any help would be immensely grateful.

Attachments

• animatetrainer.png
    animatetrainer.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 20
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
there is a way , to change the zoom? i dont want the sprite pokemon make a zoom when he use a move :s , y used a fakemon sprites and dont fix with that zoom :S

XerneasNeeds

PrismReverie
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
I have no idea why people insist on posting things like this, and not including the error itself.
If it gives an error, you can find it in your debug log, or just copy it when it shows up. Scripters aren't magic, it's often unlikely a vague description will actually point them in the right direction.

Not that it really matters in this thread, but it's the principle

(Heres what happens when Curse is used or Moody is activated sorry if i didnt show what it shows) (I was on vacation so sorry if i didnt respond for a bit)
---------------------------
Pokemon KE and CS Developers Version
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `hasBypassingAbility' for false:FalseClass

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:774:in `pbIncreaseStatBasic'

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:836:in `pbIncreaseStat'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7177:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:3475:in `pbUseMove_org'

PokeBattle_Battler:3474:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3474:in `pbUseMove_org'

EliteBattle Battle:489:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3718:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:3717:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3717:in `pbProcessTurn'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\#####\Saved Games/Pokemon KE and CS Developers Version/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Elite Battle is great, but after that was updated scripts I have a problem with the size of the images of "Pokémon" in battle, before the old format they were normal, but now this new battle screen model, the Pokémon are giants.
Note: This only happens with Pokémon of the player, of the opposing coaches are normal, as shown below.

Look at the picture of Pikachu, as an example of the problem.
i.imgur.com/wgLeRWv.png
i.imgur.com/VapgWDJ.png

Sorry if this error has been answered and explained before, but found nothing about it.

Back