• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
Years
Freaking count me in. I apologize for the short sample but I did all this in one bloody sitting and I didn't want to reveal too much about Lyfe's past and also wanted his sample to lead into his first IC post, assuming I'm accepted. None of my IC posts will be that short. Ever.

Lyfe Vivir
20 Years Old
Male
Bounty Hunter
Wind

Lyfe.png

Personality: Lyfe is a young, budding, support sorcerer who had wavered between the Bounty Hunters and the Outlaws for quite the while. He sees little point in all the fighting and if he could, he would work for both sides, healing both with no preference for either affiliation. Lyfe hates pain, death, and sorrow, and wishes nothing more than to heal everyone involved. By a small, very small margin, he has chosen to side with the Bounty Hunters but is not completely loyal to them, and may aid both if he finds genuinely good people on the Outlaw side who may have or may have not just 'chose the wrong side' by accident.

Lyfe, to most people, seems apathetic and this is true, to a degree. In public he squanders his emotions, not letting them show at all in order to focus more on his job, which is healing and tending to bounty hunters. Lyfe is very feminine and is made fun of for it and is also commonly called 'Quite the Queer Fellow." In private, however, he is very emotional, almost overly emotional, letting his emotions flow in front of the people he truly loves or cares about.
Which is right now, no one.

Lyfe sees himself as 'above' most people and certainly 'above' most men, so this makes him quite the prude, normally. He still knows how to have fun, but if he is not being intellectually stimulated in any way he will quickly become bored and disinterested. Therefore, things he deems as 'unrefined and childish' such as excessive drinking, fighting, wrestling, shooting, and cursing turn him off and make him see the person who is committing these actions as brutish and not worth his time.

Lyfe, from an inheritance from his very wealthy father, lives on the Outskirts of Orhurst, and has graduated early from their academy. He is being sent to an outpost in Gilded Brook, alone (as he requested) to heal and tend to whoever he can find. He is 'officially' affiliated with the bounty hunters and is registered on Janet's board, but has no loyalty to it, preferring to heal whatever people he deems necessary. He takes these bounty hunter assignments really only as an excuse to get out and semi-legally heal people he cannot, yet. He feels alive either in the thick of battle, healing wounds with his book and catching blood in his eyes, or in the aftermath, in which he lays warm smiles upon the injured and ensures them that everything will be okay.

His greatest ambition is to raise enough money and open a hospital, first in Orhurst, and then one in almost every major city in Jeimas.

You would think that one who willingly puts himself in harms way would have some strong conviction for saving human life. He does not. He says he does, he says, publicly, that he values human life and wants to do his best to prevent the needless loss of it, but this is a lie. Truly, deep down, Lyfe does not value the human life, but simply sees that the loss of it hurts society as a whole. He constantly puts the needs of the many over the needs of the few and is willing to sacrifice himself or small groups of people to serve the greater good. Nevertheless, healing people and servicing them, regardless of the true reasons and motives behind it, is his life, and he will stop at nothing to continue to service the people of Jeimas for as long as he lives.

As a side note, Lyfe loves Orhurst and plans to frequently visit. He has heard rumours of the Theodora Mountains and would like to go there before he dies. Perhaps he will find something there that will pique his interests.

Spells, Stock:
  • Minor Nullification
  • Minor Healing
  • Elemental Shield-Air

Spells, Custom:

• Gale- Lyfe summons a moderate (~15MPH) gust of wind to push things with force. It can destabilize and confuse most unprepared men, and can move most inanimate objects of less weight than the speed of the spell.
  • Curse- Lyfe's only negative spell, Lyfe saps much of his life to inflict a curse, which gradually, over the course of about a week, makes the afflicted sicker and sicker until they become bedridden if not treated by some form of magical nullification. They usually do not die but will be devastatingly sick for as long as the curse remains active, which is permanent unless removed by a magical nullification spell.
    This comes with multiple catches:
    Lyfe loses five years of his projected lifespan with each use.
    Lyfe is completely exhausted for the next three days.
    Lyfe cannot curse the same person more than once.
    Thus, Lyfe does not use this spell often, and has not used it yet.

Weapons:
The 1860 Copper Pocket Double Action Five Shot Revolver, (Or it's in universe equivalent) and an Orhurstian Short Sword.

Sample:

"I currently sit at a desk in my humble home, preparing myself and my horse to travel to an outpost in Gilded Brook in which I am assigned to heal and tend to the injured there."
The boy put his head in his hands, his diary lay open and his small pen flits in his mouth. He is feeling quite anxious about such a travel, as he has never left Orhurst for an extended period of time. He puts the pen back to the paper and continues to write.
"I am not looking forward to spending so much time away from Orhurst. I enjoy my work, yes, but such a travel, alone, makes me anxious. I regret choosing to go alone." He writes.
He sighs and thinks about what to write next. "I will most likely stop at an inn or a tavern and then visit the infamous mines of Gilded Brook." He writes. "Surely there are injured there."

The boy closes his diary and stands up. He checks his pockets, his gun is on him, his sword is concealed, his spellbook lay sprawled open next to his diary, and his horse is restless. He slips his spellbook inside his diary and straps to to his waist.
"Goodbye, Orhurst." He says, as his straddles his horse. "I will miss your beauty as I am in the South." He says.
"Do not miss me, for I will return soon enough." He mutters, as his horse begins his log, long trot to the Gilded Brook.

Last edited:
Years
Freaking count me in. I apologize for the short sample but I did all this in one bloody sitting and I didn't want to reveal too much about Lyfe's past and also wanted his sample to lead into his first IC post, assuming I'm accepted. None of my IC posts will be that short. Ever.

Lyfe Vivir
20 Years Old
Male
Bounty Hunter
Non-Elemental

Lyfe.png

Personality: Lyfe is a young, budding, support sorcerer who had wavered between the Bounty Hunters and the Outlaws for quite the while. He sees little point in all the fighting and if he could, he would work for both sides, healing both with no preference for either affiliation. Lyfe hates pain, death, and sorrow, and wishes nothing more than to heal everyone involved. By a small, very small margin, he has chosen to side with the Bounty Hunters but is not completely loyal to them, and may aid both if he finds genuinely good people on the Outlaw side who may have or may have not just 'chose the wrong side' by accident.

Lyfe, to most people, seems apathetic and this is true, to a degree. In public he squanders his emotions, not letting them show at all in order to focus more on his job, which is healing and tending to bounty hunters. Lyfe is very feminine and is made fun of for it and is also commonly called 'Quite the Queer Fellow." In private, however, he is very emotional, almost overly emotional, letting his emotions flow in front of the people he truly loves or cares about.
Which is right now, no one.

Lyfe sees himself as 'above' most people and certainly 'above' most men, so this makes him quite the prude, normally. He still knows how to have fun, but if he is not being intellectually stimulated in any way he will quickly become bored and disinterested. Therefore, things he deems as 'unrefined and childish' such as excessive drinking, fighting, wrestling, shooting, and cursing turn him off and make him see the person who is committing these actions as brutish and not worth his time.

Lyfe, from an inheritance from his very wealthy father, lives on the Outskirts of Orhurst, and has graduated early from their academy. He is being sent to an outpost in Gilded Brook, alone (as he requested) to heal and tend to whoever he can find. He is 'officially' affiliated with the bounty hunters and is registered on Janet's board, but has no loyalty to it, preferring to heal whatever people he deems necessary. He takes these bounty hunter assignments really only as an excuse to get out and semi-legally heal people he cannot, yet. He feels alive either in the thick of battle, healing wounds with his book and catching blood in his eyes, or in the aftermath, in which he lays warm smiles upon the injured and ensures them that everything will be okay.

His greatest ambition is to raise enough money and open a hospital, first in Orhurst, and then one in almost every major city in Jeimas.

You would think that one who willingly puts himself in harms way would have some strong conviction for saving human life. He does not. He says he does, he says, publicly, that he values human life and wants to do his best to prevent the needless loss of it, but this is a lie. Truly, deep down, Lyfe does not value the human life, but simply sees that the loss of it hurts society as a whole. He constantly puts the needs of the many over the needs of the few and is willing to sacrifice himself or small groups of people to serve the greater good. Nevertheless, healing people and servicing them, regardless of the true reasons and motives behind it, is his life, and he will stop at nothing to continue to service the people of Jeimas for as long as he lives.

As a side note, Lyfe loves Orhurst and plans to frequently visit. He has heard rumours of the Theodora Mountains and would like to go there before he dies. Perhaps he will find something there that will pique his interests.

Spells, Stock:
  • Minor Nullification
  • Minor Healing
  • Elemental Shield-Air

Spells, Custom:

• Gale- Lyfe summons a moderate (~15MPH) gust of wind to push things with force. It can destabilize and confuse most unprepared men, and can move most inanimate objects of less weight than the speed of the spell.
  • Curse- Lyfe's only negative spell, Lyfe saps much of his life to inflict a curse, which gradually, over the course of about a week, makes the afflicted sicker and sicker until they become bedridden if not treated by some form of magical nullification. They usually do not die but will be devastatingly sick for as long as the curse remains active, which is permanent unless removed by a magical nullification spell.
    This comes with multiple catches:
    Lyfe loses five years of his projected lifespan with each use.
    Lyfe is completely exhausted for the next three days.
    Lyfe cannot curse the same person more than once.
    Thus, Lyfe does not use this spell often, and has not used it yet.

Weapons:
The 1860 Copper Pocket Double Action Five Shot Revolver, (Or it's in universe equivalent) and an Orhurstian Short Sword.

Sample:

"I currently sit at a desk in my humble home, preparing myself and my horse to travel to an outpost in Gilded Brook in which I am assigned to heal and tend to the injured there."
The boy put his head in his hands, his diary lay open and his small pen flits in his mouth. He is feeling quite anxious about such a travel, as he has never left Orhurst for an extended period of time. He puts the pen back to the paper and continues to write.
"I am not looking forward to spending so much time away from Orhurst. I enjoy my work, yes, but such a travel, alone, makes me anxious. I regret choosing to go alone." He writes.
He sighs and thinks about what to write next. "I will most likely stop at an inn or a tavern and then visit the infamous mines of Gilded Brook." He writes. "Surely there are injured there."

The boy closes his diary and stands up. He checks his pockets, his gun is on him, his sword is concealed, his spellbook lay sprawled open next to his diary, and his horse is restless. He slips his spellbook inside his diary and straps to to his waist.
"Goodbye, Orhurst." He says, as his straddles his horse. "I will miss your beauty as I am in the South." He says.
"Do not miss me, for I will return soon enough." He mutters, as his horse begins his log, long trot to the Gilded Brook.

The only thing you need to do is change your element to Wind.
You're in though :)

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
Years
Oh yay!
I'll make my first post tomorrow, if thats okay.
I'd also like to, somehow, meet up with Alex by chance on his road to the Clown, EDIT: Or afterwards, if thats alright. I sort of alluded to that, but if its not possible, I understand.

Last edited:
Years
Oh yay!
I'll make my first post tomorrow, if thats okay.
I'd also like to, somehow, meet up with Alex by chance on his road to the Clown, if thats alright. I sort of alluded to that, but if its not possible, I understand.

I'd rather have Alex handle the Clown by himself at this point, I would love to join up at some other point though your character seems really interesting :)

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
Years
Oh no, I'm too much of a punk to actually fight such a big bad boy, I'd just like to meet up with Alex shortly afterwards. Besides, the trip from Orhurst to GB on horseback would take DAYS.

Last edited:
Years
Oh no, I'm too much of a punk to actually fight such a big bad boy, I'd just like to meet up with Alex shortly afterwards. Besides, the trip from Orhurst to GB on horseback would take DAYS.

You should already be somewhere in the Great Chasm at the beginning of the RP. Afterwards is fine though, sounds like fun.

Years
Well this is getting good :D
I'm going to try and post again tonight guys. I'll get around to actually updating the Wanted List soon too.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Ughh why is everyone a bounty hunter nowwwww

The closest I can get to another outlaw is Jeb since he's an anti-hero.

Years
I feel like a poop. I can't figure out a damn thing to post. :I

As an outlaw character you have a lot of freedom. You can

-Get into trouble with the law
-Steal/Pillage/Murder
-Start turf wars with other outlaws
-Do traveling posts

The possibilities are endless limited but plentiful.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Or you could be a badass bounty hunter and do the same things, but not get in trouble for it.

Back