• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Level 26 tyrouge Defense wont go higher than attack! HELP!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
I have a lvl 26 Tyrogue (Shiny) who's Attack wont drop Below his Defense, Is there anyway to Evolve him into HitmonChan still?

PS. I've used all the iron on him , it wont let me give him more.

Years
Have you considered using the berries that lower EVs? They can be useful if you need to readjust EVs.

The berries in question and which stat they lower is as follows: Pomeg (HP), Kelpsy (Attack), Qualot (Defense), Hondew (Sp. Attack), Grepa (Sp. Defense) and Tamato (Speed).

Since you asked this question in the 6th Gen section, Reset Bags in Super Training could also be helpful if you want to reset everything and work up from there.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
If it has a -Defense and/or +Attack nature, this will make it harder to get its Defense greater than its Attack. What is your Tyrouge's nature?

In addition to using the berries like Hikari said to reduce its Attack EVs, you can further boost its Defense EVs to try and get it to work.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I have a lvl 26 Tyrogue (Shiny) who's Attack wont drop Below his Defense, Is there anyway to Evolve him into HitmonChan still?

PS. I've used all the iron on him , it wont let me give him more.

The problem with the Iron/Carbos/etc is that you can ONLY use them for the first 100 Evs on your Pokemon, after that you must use other stuff: https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/list/vitamins.shtml
You still need to give it the other 152 Evs through training, Super Training, etc. So you still have options if all you've done is give them Iron.

Back