• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
well i dn't see the need to breed (rhymed) gyarados i mean as long as you have a shiny one does it matter?

Well if you wanted some moves on it that can only be gained through TMs you could breed it with other pokemon to pass the move on, and also you might want an army of Red Gyarados, if you like it that much.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
yea and zel did say red gyarados isnt' his priotity so i guess we should discuss something else

hey zel will karate king be in the next beta so we can get a tyroge after beating him?

yea what going to ahppen with myster gift anything to replace it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
I think he confused Lance and Drake, but yes there is a Dragon trainer in every elite four up to date... seems kinda silly since most people expect that so they bring along an Ice Beam somewhere in their team

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
Maybe Zel can change the MissingNo. totally like a Gyarados,but sprite is a red one.Anyway,it won't appear in Pokedex.But I don't know how will Zel change the Dex information when I catch it(Another crazy idea,huh?)

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
I'm not too sure about how Zel could get a shiny gyarados into the game, but as for making it red, perhaps he could get some ideas from pokemon naranja? there were a few pokemon in there with different colours. I don't care too much about whether its shiny or not, even though it was shiny in GSC, but for the purposes of the storyline, it should at least be red.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
This hack is absolutely awesome. Words can't express it - you, Zel, are a genius!

This is actually the only hack I've played that I've considered good enough to put on my Flash Advance - I want to play it that much.

Now the butt-kissing is out of the way...confession time. I read the FAQ on the first post and there was a questions saying "What's that 'Your mom is so fat' thing?". Well...if the line was "Your mum is so fat she eats children (etc. etc.)" then I believe that's my doing.

When FireRed FIRST came out, I made a dump of the cart when I bought it and, as a kind of proof of concept to show my friends that rom hacking is indeed possible, I hacked those lines with a childish retort.

I forgot about it, and began putting the rom, along with others, on torrent sites.

So sorry if it's got you any stick, Zel! Damn my immature mind of two-and-a-half years ago. :D

Awesome hack, keep up the good work - I loved the 2nd gen so much (it's still my favourite generation) and to be able to play it in glorious GBA-o-vision is like a dream come true. :)

Zowayix

hi
Years
if zel does make a new pokemon for the shiny gyarados, then if you traded it to FR/LG, then would it become missingno?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
Yep. Depending on which data he replaced for the new one, it'd change accordingly.

Though I don't see why he has to make it a new Pokemon. Can't it just be a regular shiny like in the original Gold and Silver?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Ahem...I remember telling you guys to stay on topic, and not to spam the thread up with tons of unrelated replies to spam, or other things.

Sorry, but you asked for it...
Warnings will now be issued. If you don't learn the nice way, the hard way will do.

Also, how about the report button will be made use of? Instead of pointlessy posting replies about how much you want a staff member to take care of things here, a simple click on that button (
report.gif
) and a typing in a reason will work wonders, trust me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2010
I think he confused Lance and Drake, but yes there is a Dragon trainer in every elite four up to date... seems kinda silly since most people expect that so they bring along an Ice Beam somewhere in their team

Not in D/P...

There's Ground, Fire, Psychic and something else in D/P.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
Hey guys, just putting my two cents in, but i think zel should just make it so lance catches the red gyaradoes after you assist him in solving the evo problem, and then he could give you a relatively strong dragon pokemon. Just my idea if zel cant figure out the scripting

The only ponitless thing i can see, is a guy who uses time to look and post on a thread about a game he doesn't like. There's no reason to call someone idiot, butt then again, let stupid ones,(guess who i mean) just talk their stupid rubish.
Where'd you find that post?? if it was alot of pages back, there's no need to post that

Years
Hey guys, just putting my two cents in, but i think zel should just make it so lance catches the red gyaradoes after you assist him in solving the evo problem, and then he could give you a relatively strong dragon pokemon. Just my idea if zel cant figure out the scripting

Where'd you find that post?? if it was alot of pages back, there's no need to post that

Yea but, Scizz came in here and deleted a lot of unnecisary posts, which would explain that.

Also, the idea of Lance giving you a strong pokemon is a good idea I think, perhaps it could be the Bagon? That would solve that problem and the Gyrados problem.

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
WOW! This thread is almost 100 pages long?!
Anyways, I like the idea of Lance giving you a Bagon.
Good luck zel and I hope you finish this hack.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012

Yeah I was thinking along those lines as well, even though the idea originates from the anime. The only problem is that when you, the protagonist, battles it, Zel would have to make it so that it was uncatchable, otherwise it would be hard to explain how lance got the red gyarados that you caught. Or else he could make it so that lance battles the gyarados instead or something, but still lance already gives you clamperl, so it'd be kinda weird for him to give you two pokemon...

Also, I was wondering. You know how when you deliver the spearow with mail to the guy just outside the dark cave, you get to keep the spearow. Well, why not make it a rarer pokemon? (hint: unless you can already catch it in the game, which, as far as I know, you can't, can you make it a swablu? I'd really like an Altaria in my team)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back