• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Maybe there is something wrong with your cable? Or perhaps the used Emerald you purchased. The way your explaining it though seems like there may be a problem with your cable.

See, and I thought so too--but then I tried it with my SP and Color to trade between the GSC gen and RBY games and they all linked up fine. Maybe its just an old cable? Is there an updated for-the-advanced-games-only cable out there that I'm not aware of?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
That's strange. It should work with your GBA if you can connect your Color to your SP.

Maybe it's like what Syd said above. If you can get your hands on another GBA or another SP, and do GBA to GBA / SP to SP, maybe it would work?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
See, and I thought so too--but then I tried it with my SP and Color to trade between the GSC gen and RBY games and they all linked up fine. Maybe its just an old cable? Is there an updated for-the-advanced-games-only cable out there that I'm not aware of?

I think I know your problem you are using a GBC link cable when you need a GBA link cable to trade between Ruby and Emerald.

Years
Just got another SP last night and it still didn't work with the two of them. *sadness*

I think I know your problem you are using a GBC link cable when you need a GBA link cable to trade between Ruby and Emerald.

Awesome, I had no idea those even existed--dumb Nintendo, what ever happened to backwards compatibility? Thanks, I'll go track one of those down within the next week or two and get back to all of you lovely, helpful people and let you know how it goes. :) Thanks everyone for whittling this down with me.

Years
Is Slugma obtainable before the E4 on the wild? I want to use it's evolution, Magcargo on my Fire-type Ultimate Monotype Challenge as the third pokémon. So could you please tell me as fast as possible?

@edit: On Emerald, that is.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Is Slugma obtainable before the E4 on the wild? I want to use it's evolution, Magcargo on my Fire-type Ultimate Monotype Challenge as the third pokémon. So could you please tell me as fast as possible?

@edit: On Emerald, that is.
Yep, you can find them on Fiery Path and route 113.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I have a question concerning catching Feebas: Is there a list that tells me what phrases to use for which spots?
Not that I know of. You'll have to rely on luck if you want to find Feebas.

For FireRed: What is the best level to evolve Nidorino?
Level 53 is when Nidorino learns his last move (Horn Drill) or if you want Nidoking to learn Thrash, then evolve him at level 22 and he also learns Megahorn at level 43.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pretty sure the mushrooms would work. But I personally don't find Horn Drill useful for in-game. It may be a OHKO move, but it's inaccurate and only has 5 PP. So yeah, I'd evolve it before level 53.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Couldn't you just evolve Nidorino whenever it learns the last move that you want, and then if you need it to learn a Nidoking move you could just use Mushrooms to "re"-learn?
Mushrooms would work, but it won't work for the moves that Nidorino could learn previously. For example, if you evolve it after it learns Horn Drill, the resulting Nidoking can't learn Leer, Horn Attack, Helping Hand, Fury Attack and Flatter.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2012
I am fairly new to the Ruby/Sapphire gen, I was wondering how good/strong the Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up moves are?

Are they worth keeping or ditch em and get some better (TM) moves?

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
Years
I have another question:

I just got the Eevee in Celadon and was wondering what to evolve it into.

Here is my team:

Voltorb lvl22
Nidoking lvl26
Primeape lvl28
Ivysaur lvl26
Pidgeotto Lvl24
Graveler lvl27

I was thinking either Flareon or Vaporean, but I don't know which Pokemon to replace.

Thanks!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Ditch Voltorb and add either Jolteon (I know it wasn't one of your choices but meh)

Or Flareon, since you lack fire moves/types.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ditch Voltorb and add either Jolteon (I know it wasn't one of your choices but meh)

Or Flareon, since you lack fire moves/types.

I think you should choose Vaporeon (wait I actually have a reason).
Because they can learn Surf and Ice Beam which can take out a lot of the E4. You don't really need Flareon as Pidgeotto can take Grass and Bugs and Primeape and Graveler can take Ice. Nidoking can learn Fire Blast (as can Graveler) and Thunder(bolt) as well. This way Nidoking doesn't have to learn Surf and Ice Beam.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just want to toss in that Nidoking isn't a good contender for Fire Blast or Thunderbolt. @_@ I would personally scrap Graveler in favor of an Eeveelution, and I'm leaning more towards Vaporeon. As much as I like having Fire types, it's a good idea to have Ice Beam coverage for FRLG's E4. Nidoking is a poor choice for special attacks.

Years
Just so you guys know, you are awesome; and I am a complete moron when it comes to GBA accessories.

I just got the link cable in the mail last night and spent about an hour and a half trading things. Thanks for your help everyone! :D

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I think you should choose Vaporeon (wait I actually have a reason).
Because they can learn Surf and Ice Beam which can take out a lot of the E4. You don't really need Flareon as Pidgeotto can take Grass and Bugs and Primeape and Graveler can take Ice. Nidoking can learn Fire Blast (as can Graveler) and Thunder(bolt) as well. This way Nidoking doesn't have to learn Surf and Ice Beam.
You're wrong. Graveler is actually weak against ice and Primeape takes neutral damage from it. Although Graveler can resist Agatha's poison types so it would still be useful.

Years
I may as well step in and attempt to sort out this debacle.

As you've said, Graveler can't take Ice, but its also pretty much useless, at this point of the game. Assuming you lack a GBA link cable,
you can't even evolve it, thus unlocking its true potential, either. It lacks Stone Edge, due to the game being Gen III, and all the potent Poison Types, save Koga's Muk and Agatha's Arbok,
are either levitating or flying types. I suggest you add Lapras to your team, it can withstand a good amount of attacks, and gets powerful
STAB on both Surf and Ice beam, that way you won't have to inconvience your Nidoking with special attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back