• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ultimate Monotype Steel
Update #2 Finished Pokemon Ruby

Spoiler:

FINAL TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Monotype Birthday event has now ended!
Any attempts to redeem the birthday code will not be allowed. Anyone who did use it this week, is free to continue using the Pokemon they hacked or traded in.

On a related note...

THIS IS MY 1000th POST! A large amount of my post count has been from maintaining this thread, so this seemed an appropriate place to post. I love this challenge, and all of you are awesome for continuing to support it. Thanks a million! Sadly, I have no event to give you since we just ended one. But you guys can push this thread all the way to 5000, I'll be sure to give y'all something nice!

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
THIS IS MY 1000th POST! A large amount of my post count has been from maintaining this thread, so this seemed an appropriate place to post. I love this challenge, and all of you are awesome for continuing to support it. Thanks a million! Sadly, I have no event to give you since we just ended one. But you guys can push this thread all the way to 5000, I'll be sure to give y'all something nice!

Will do buddy! I think I will start a Poison-type Challenge since I have little to do.

Username: diamondmutt1111
Type: Poison
Challenge: Single (at the moment)
Game: Diamond

Hopefully my cartridge won't break, doubt it will. Gonna get started real soon...

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Heartgold Normal Mono-Type update!

• Accidentally K.Oed the red Gyarados, and forgot to save in front of it. Thankfully I still had a Wooper from the Pokewalker to use as an HM Slave later.
  • Got rid of Team Rocket in Mahogony. Captured all three Electrode that were powering the transmitter to make Lance look bad, and fit the theme of the game of the main character being a cut above the rest in terms of caring for Pokemon.
  • Beat up Pryce with Kangaroo and Tauros working together.
  • Did all the Team Rocket stuff in Goldenrod. I always liked the Gold/Silver Team Rocket stuff due to the great music attached to them.
  • Caught sandshrew at the safari zone as my second test.
  • Traversed through Ice Path.
  • Arrived in blackthorne and easily wiped out the gym by spaming Kangaroo's Outrage. Got a lucky critical hit with Outrage on Kingdra knocking it out in one hit.
  • Passed the dragon's den test and obtained the final badge!
  • Got the Master Ball from Elm, and went to fight the Kimono girls.
    After fighting them, I climbed Bell Tower and caught Ho-Oh with the Master Ball. Now I can fly in style rather than on a pidgey!
  • Obtained the Earthquake TM in Victory Road and taught it to Tauros.
  • Easily beat up Carlos.
The Elite Four Begins!

• Will caused a surprising amount of trouble. Kangaroo's Crunch attack did a lot of the talking, but Tauros had to help out a few times.
  • Koga was a pain in the neck with his stupid cheap moves. No wonder he became an elite four, because he's a wimpy little coward who disguises being a coward as strategy. What a creep. I hate this guy so blasted much, and he caused a ton of trouble for me during my yellow mono-colour kanto challenge too. His stupid stinkin' Muk with its minimize garbage, and of course I could never just HIT the dummy. EVENTUALLY Tauros took him out with Earthquake, even though it wasn't a onehit KO. Koga's a jerk and I hate him, and this was by far the hardest battle of the challenge for really stupid reasons.
  • Bruno went a LOT better, but I don't think I've ever had trouble with Bruno ever. Tauros wiped the floor with him by using Zen Headbutt and Surf.
  • Karen's Umbreon was the only Pokemon that cause any kind of trouble, but the battle overall went very well.
  • Lance was tricky, but still nowhere near as hard as Koga was. Kangaroo and Tauros really worked as a team here. Kangaroo's Outrage really helped with those three Dragonites, but Tauros had to get involved with all of those Dragonite battles. A few Max Revives were used during this fight.
Screenshot:

Spoiler:

• Did the fast ship stuff
  • Beat Up Surge with Tauros' Earthquake no problem.
  • Obtained forest items at the safari zone, which aren't the items I needed sadly.
  • Am now waiting for Baoba to call and give me the Safari Zone items I need. Sadly I can't find any info on when that might be. :/
And Now you're Caught up to where I left off!

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ultimate Monotype Steel
Update #1 Pokemon Pearl

- Started Pearl and picked
393.png
as Starter
- Went through the storyline and
393.png
evolve into
394.png
just befare the 1st gym and defetead Roark 0/5 with
394.png
Bubble of course
- More boring storyline until i reached Eterna City and took the Explorer Kit so after 5 minutes of searching i finally found an Armor Fossil!!!
- Went back to Orebough to revive
410.png
.....Well...back again to Eterna.....uff i want a bike xD xD
- Defetead Gardenia 4/5 with
410.png
Rock Tomb,
394.png
Peck and a bunch of Super Potion
- Caught
436.png
at Wayward Cave........Leveling
436.png
and
410.png
was very hard xD
- Defetead Maylene 1/5 with
436.png
Hypnosis + Confusion/Extrasensory and
394.png
Bubblebeam

Last edited:

Sindrie

Eevee breeder and caretaker
Years
Monobug Update: 1

Note: So after doing some research and talking to some friends I was told that scizor is crazy OP so I in the end last night went with a caterpie instead of scizor.

- Did tutorial...
- Caught first weedle I found: Female and quirky nature. Kinda disappointing nature but meh I'm not min maxing so I don't care and weedle is still cute regardless :3
- Caught first Caterpie: Female and naughty. Again not so impressive nature higher attack is kinda pointless on butterfree and lower special defence is kinda a blow.
- Grinded my way through all the trainers with in the first badge area. While at the bellsprout tower right before fighting the elder both my buggies evolved into their 3rd evo. (So butterfree and Beedrill)
- Beat down the elder and then grinded in the route with union cave the small patch of grass before the miracle seed guy. Grinded both to Lvl 12.
- cleared gym and beat falkner it was a bit of a struggle. Beedrill beat pidgey but got taken out by pidgeotto so then I sent out Butterfree and finished him off with sleep and confusion.
- Cleared my way too Azalea and then saved.

Team

Spr_4h_015.png

Beedrill
Level: 15| Female | Quirky | Swarm
Poison sting | Focus Energy | Harden | Fury Attack

Spr_4h_012_f.png

Butterfree
Level: 15 | Female | Naughty | Compoundeyes
Tackle | Stun spore | Sleep Powder | Confusion​

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Just a minor update despite doing one kind of recently because I'm excited to talk about this one. :3

My whole goal right after the elite four was to catch Zangoose and an Ice Beam using Porygon 2. I was trying out voltorb flip and just kind of BSing my way to get low amounts of coins incredibly slowly. During that time I got multiple Safari Zone calls in which I was able to go catch Zangoose.

After that I went back to Voltorb Flip and really tried to learn how to play it correctly. Fortunately I did eventually learn how to play it. Unfortunatley I got horribly addicted to it and literally played it all day long. XD However it did result in me meeting my goal, despite never being able to beat Lv. 6 of Voltorb Flip. Here are a few photos.

Spoiler:

When I went to buy Porygon I just happened to have EXACTLY 9999 coins. Funny thing is I didn't expect to ever get this many coins since at first I didn't even really know how to play Voltorb Flip. (And yes, I'm going to be naming my character Julie in every Normal type run)

Spoiler:

Porygon2 and I buying TM13 at the Game Corner! I know I could have gotten Ice Beam later at Seafoam, but I was still horribly addicted to playing Voltorb Flip, and thought I'd go for it. XD I think I've got the game out of my system now that I bought Ice Beam and I'd have to work for so long to get anything else. (Though I'm tempted to get the Wide Lens for Tauros so his Zen Headbutt won't miss as much)

Spoiler:

It quite literally took all day, but I can now say "Porygon2 learned Ice Beam". Now I get to go back to ev training it. >__>

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Dark Update (I lost count): Emerald 8/8 + Black 2 3/8

I beat Emerald, I couldn't get the GBA Emulator on my phone to work, but at least I can transfer save files over for VBA. :D
Cacturne was definitely the most helpful against Wallace, I just Needle Arm'd everything. :P
Here are the pics
Spoiler:

I have 3 badges in Black 2, but I'm waiting until I'm finished to take pictures, so expect some soon. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ultimate Monotype Steel
Update #2 Finished Pokemon Pearl

Spoiler:

FINAL TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SomaQL

The Varia Suit
Years
Hey gents! Figured it was time to run my own!
Because I'm running the Tri-Species and the Ultimate challenge, all 3 pokemon I'm going to use are in the game (and with my luck, have the worst IVs ever).

Username: SomaQL
Single/Ultimate: Single (for now huehuehue)
Type: Water
Game: LG
Team (When fully evolved): OmaStar, Starmie, Seaking
(note that these are just wild pokemon I caught using encounter codes, so they technically count!)
Edit: It was the Duo-Species, not the tri, so Seaking gets to die a premature death)
R.I.P. Seaking

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Spoiler:

Tiny Update on my Black Mono ^^

Battled Cheren and beat him again.
Did all the Route 5 stuff.
Sold tons of berries from the DW to the maid.
Reached Driftveil.
Had my first Rotation Battle.
Wandered about exploring for a bit.
Saved.
Badge Case

50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Huge Crystal Normal Mono Update as well ^-^

Spoiler:

Badge Case

50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png

Current Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
RUBY FLYING ULTIMATE FINAL UPDATE
Red (Complete)
Silver (Complete)
Ruby (Complete)

Had a longer update typed up but my computer messed up so not re typing
-Beat Watson
-Caught Skarmory and Swablu
-Defeated Maxie, Flannery, and Norman
-Caught Tropius, Swablu Evolved
-Beat Winona, the Twins, and Maxie again
-Caught and Boxed Groudon
-Defeated Wallace
-Caught Bagon and leveled until Salamence
-Trained everyone a little and beat Wally
-Stocked up on items
-Took down Sydney and Phoebe easily, Glacia and Drake were very hard and Steven was surprisingly easy

Final Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
Username: Rikk Steves
Type: Normal
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, SS, R, PT, B,

I will be starting my first challenge in Soul Silver because I recently ran through fire red for a water type monotype challenge. I plan to destroy Joey with my top percentile Sentret...

• Well I destroyed his Rattata
  • Made it to Violet City
  • Ran through Bell Tower
  • Beat my Rival
  • Attempted to beat Falkner and suffered a humiliating lose do to Sentret only being level 13
  • Leveled him to 15 so he could evolve into Furret, took another Shot at him and won.
  • Got the Togepi egg from Elm's Aide and hatched it it had serene grace which was nice
  • Leveled Togepi while on my way to Azalea Town
  • Beat Team rocket at Slowpoke well
  • Ran through Bugsy Gym's Trainers thought level 18 on both pokes was enough.
  • I was quite mistaken especially with the rate at which my Furret was missing. I lost not once but thrice to Bugsy I got fend up and leveled both pokes to 20. Luckily my Toegpi evolved to a Togetic.
  • I defeat Bugsy finally
  • Ripped through my Rival's Pokemon near the entrance to Ilex Forest.
As of now I have my Team is this:

Furret-Lvl 20
Nature-Mild(Not exactly top pecentile but meh)
Moveset:
Scratch
Foresight
Fury Swipes
Quick Attack

Togetic-Lvl 20
Nature-Serious
Moveset:

Extrasensory
Encore
Yawn
Roost

I will add pictures of me defeating the badges later when I get them uploaded also I'll add a little pazazz to make it more interesting to look at I just wanted to get the main accomplishments down.

P.s Is there a rule regrading the trading of stones because I would love to trade over a shiny stone to get a Togekiss before I beat the Elite Four but if this does bend the rules they I can wait.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Update #2
Caught a Zubat in Union Cave at lvl 7
Defeated Bugsy 0/5 basically just used gastly...
as i got through the forest togepi said hi at lvl 1
went straight to Whitney (i hate this gym leader so much) 0/5 Gastly again... curse + hypnosis +potion /gg
Current lineup:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ultimate Steel Monotype
Update #1 Pokemon White 2

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Bug Monotype Challenge: Silberne Edition
3/8

So, I caught a Tannza as soon as I got out of Ilex Forest. I dropped it in the Daycare, because honestly, who has time to grind 10 levels on a Tannza? My team is pretty sweet right now. Gotta catch Sichlor next, then I think I'll be done with adding team members. Guess I'll be rolling with 5 team members once again, really don't want to use Pottrott.

This has got to be the easiest fight I have ever had against Bianka. Mess up her Piepi with my Ledian, then Miltank was no match for my Skaraborn.

Team:
Spoiler:

And now the arduous task of bringing this thread up to date again -_-

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Just a quick question, does anyone here know how to bypass the thing that prevents pokemon that are not in the Kanto Pokedex from evolving in LeafGreen before getting the National Dex? I completely forgot about it when I hacked Shuppet into LeafGreen from the event. Any help would be awesome. :D

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Dark Monotype Final Update: Black 2 finished (Challenge Mode was on)

I don't have the motivation to put details, and I have the worst headache I've ever had right now, so here are some pictures. :P
Spoiler:

Also, time for the next step in my Monotype quest.

Username: WarriorCat
Type: Ice
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Red, Soul Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Volt White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back