• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Still ain't going. I don't have a clue what this means :(

it means what pokemon you encounter and what level they will be, and by the way, there is a problem with this list. in one of the listings of pokemon you have 11 pokemon instead of 12, that could cause a problem

Look Again.

You Should Have 12 Not 11.
Now Add One More Pokemon To This List!

P.S. Flameguru Can You Please Tell Me How To Edit The Intro...Your Tutorial Didn't Tell Me How.:\

That's actually easer then most people think, open your game in the editor, then click on the map that is titled "intro" and click in the uper left hand corner of the map
<-- left right -->

there is actually an event in this corner, that's the event, just change the speech to what ever you want. (if you want anything else difrent in the intro just let me know)

Last edited:

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Tanks

That's actually easer then most people think, open your game in the editor, then click on the map that is titled "intro" and click in the uper left hand corner of the map
<-- left right -->

there is actually an event in this corner, that's the event, just change the speech to what ever you want. (if you want anything else difrent in the intro just let me know)

Thanks but, I still Have A Little Problem When I Test Play My Game I End Up With 50 Of Every Item!!!???

I Need Help.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks but, I still Have A Little Problem When I Test Play My Game I End Up With 50 Of Every Item!!!???

I Need Help.

That only happens in PlayTest Mode. When you distribute your game to people they wont have any items at all until you give them to them. The reason poccil coded that feature in was to better show off stuff in the game (So instead of taking many tries to catch pokemon you get it once with the master bal)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
i just noticed something about the connections.txt file, and the seamless mapping, the north an south functions dont work, i just puts the map on the east or west depending on which one you put first east or west.

seamlessteleportproblemfd5.png

and this is what I have in the text file in regardes to this map.
Code:
7,South,0,8,North,0

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
My demo has an east-and-west connection; unfortunately I didn't test north and south yet. That's what I will do.

** Yes, you're right, that is a problem in the current release.

To set certain events to happen only at night, you can use a script-based conditional statement like this:
Code:
Time.now.hour<6 || Time.now.hour>=20

The problem was that the script failed to read the map connections file correctly. Here is the correct version of the function (in the script section PokemonMap):
Code:
 def getMapConnections
  if !$MapConnections
   $MapConnections=readSerialRecords("PBS/connections.dat")
   for i in 0...$MapConnections.length
    conn=$MapConnections[i]
    v=getMapEdge(conn[0],conn[1])
    if conn[1]==2||conn[1]==4
     conn[1]=v
    else
     conn[1]=conn[2]
     conn[2]=v
    end
    v=getMapEdge(conn[3],conn[4])
    if conn[4]==2||conn[4]==4
     conn[4]=v
    else
     conn[4]=conn[5]
     conn[5]=v
    end
   end
  end
  return $MapConnections
 end

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
ah, okay well I can;t wait till you get it working the seamless teleports are really awsome.

Is there a way to set a Pokemon's gender, like your starters?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I provided a fix to the map connections problem above.

The Pokemon class doesn't provide a function to set the gender of a Pokemon; however you can add this method below (which is untested) to the PokeBattle_Pokemon class:

Code:
def setGender(female)
 dexdata=File.open("PBS/dexdata.dat","rb")
 dexdata.pos=76*(@species-1)+18
 genderbyte=dexdata.fgetb
 dexdata.close
 case genderbyte
  when 255
   return false # genderless
  when 254
   return female # always female
  when 0
   return !female # always male
  else
   loop do
    value=rand(256)
    if female==(value<genderbyte)
     @personalID&=~0xFF
     @personalID|=value
     return true
    end
   end
 end
end

To use it, call pokemon.setGender(X) where X is true for female, and false for male. The function returns true if the gender was set, or false if the gender can't be set.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks for answering my last question.

But I have another XD
How do you change the battle backrounds?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I've released a new update to Pokemon Essentials today. For reference, here are the script sections that were modified:

Added: PokemonWeather
Changed: Walk/Run
Changed: Game_Character 1
Changed: SpriteWindow
Changed: PokemonUtilities
Changed: PokemonEvolution
Changed: PokemonMart
Changed: Scene_Map
Changed: PokemonLoad
Changed: PokemonScreen
Changed: PokemonMessages
Changed: PokemonTrainers
Changed: PBItems
Changed: PokemonMap
Changed: PBSpecies
Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
Changed: PokemonItems
Changed: PokemonField
Changed: Spriteset_Map
Changed: Compiler
Changed: WindowAndTilemap
Changed: Game_Player*
Changed: PokemonEntry
Changed: PokemonSave

To change the battle background:

Notice the line of code at line 927 of the script section PokeBattle_ActualScene:
Code:
pbAddPlane("battlebg","Graphics/Pictures/battlebg.png",@viewport)
The filename "Graphics/Pictures/battlebg.png" is the tiled picture for the battle background. You can change that file or change the filename on this line. For advanced handling, you can control which file will be used for the background in script, which could look like this for example (this code is untested):
Code:
 if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor) # If outdoors
  if Time.now.hour<6 || Time.now.hour>=20 # If night
    pbAddPlane("battlebg","Graphics/Pictures/battlebgNight.png",@viewport)
  else
    pbAddPlane("battlebg","Graphics/Pictures/battlebgDay.png",@viewport)
  end
 else # If indoors
  pbAddPlane("battlebg","Graphics/Pictures/battlebg.png",@viewport)
 end
(battlebgNight.png and battlebgDay.png are just examples, they don't exist in the Pokemon Essentials distribution.)
The files Graphics/Pictures/enemybase.png and Graphics/Pictures/playerbase.png are "coasters", if you will, where active
Pokemon are placed. Those two files are also customizable.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
This is moving incredibly fast, but may I ask. Have you released the update you mentioned, onyour site it says the latest version was released on the 22nd.

Sizzle3003

Cows = Cool :O
Years
Poccil I just have to say, I think you've made one of the best starter kits ever ^^ I was wondering if you can add water reflections? I can add them myself with an event but it when it gets to the edge of the water the reflection part leaks on to the grass and doesn't look right, ty.

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Thank You Yet Again

That only happens in PlayTest Mode. When you distribute your game to people they wont have any items at all until you give them to them. The reason poccil coded that feature in was to better show off stuff in the game (So instead of taking many tries to catch pokemon you get it once with the master bal)
Thank You Again. I Am New At This. So I Hope You Don't Get Irritated But, What Script Do I Use To Give The Player An Item And What Is The Script To Give A Player A Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To add an item, use something like this:
Code:
Kernel.pbItemBall(::PBItems::POTION) # Item ID
Since adding the item may fail, this script statement should normally appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command.

To add a Pokemon, use something like this:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddPokemon(::PBSpecies::CASTFORM,25) # Species ID and level
Adding a Pokemon may also fail, so this statement should also appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command. You can modify that function, which is located in PokemonUtilities,
to remove the messages.

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Thank You

To add an item, use something like this:
Code:
Kernel.pbItemBall(::PBItems::POTION) # Item ID
Since adding the item may fail, this script statement should normally appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command.

To add a Pokemon, use something like this:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddPokemon(::PBSpecies::CASTFORM,25) # Species ID and level
Adding a Pokemon may also fail, so this statement should also appear in a "Conditional Branch" event command. You can modify that function, which is located in PokemonUtilities,
to remove the messages.

Thank You. I Don't Have Any More Questions Right Now.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
where do you set the players walking sprites and such?

also when i run the intro, and get to the part where you pick boy or girl, after i pick my choice the game freezes. im not sure why, no error message appears just just freezes...=[

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
where do you set the players walking sprites and such?

also when i run the intro, and get to the part where you pick boy or girl, after i pick my choice the game freezes. im not sure why, no error message appears just just freezes...=[

Thanks for your private messages. I'm glad you solved the problem.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
hm... i think i'll wait to update all my stuff to the next release until this weekend, you update it so fast it would be kind of pointles for me to upgrade mine every other day ^.^ your THE best programer i have ever met. =D

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
i too will jump on the bandwagon, thi is an extemly excellent starter kit.
Some amazing scripts in there.
Thank you extremly for the help you are providing to the community Poccil.
(and Flameguru, as you seem to be helping alot aswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back