• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Huh... make sure that in the decompile box you are typing 1F826F with no 0 or $ infront of it.

I know the basics of XSE, thanks
Spoiler:

Attachments

• xse.JPG
    xse.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 4
  • text.JPG
    text.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
That's my problem.
I've found the TV text in A-Map that is followed by the question (did you see the red or blue lati?)

=Text found at offset 2065007 decimal
Spoiler:

2065007 = 1F826F

=script found at 1F826F in XSE
Spoiler:

There's nothing to decompile there - and none of the scripts in room (better, in the whole town) match the one I want
What am I doing wrong?

The text itself is located at 0x1F826F, but you need to search for it as a pointer (6F 82 1F 08) to find the script that is running it.

I think I found the script at 0x27EE0B.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
The text itself is located at 0x1F826F, but you need to search for it as a pointer (6F 82 1F 08) to find the script that is running it.

I think I found the script at 0x27EE0B.

Damn God, thank you!
I'll never forget this.

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
Can anyone PLEASE answer my questions? =(
(Can be found at the bottom of page 725)

DeepKickSavior

is readin' up on his XSE :3
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2013
Basic HM skills such as Cut, Rock Smash and Strength can have their badge restrictions edited as they all are based around simple scripts. Open a Cut tree's script in the script editor of your choice and search for the line 'checkflag 0x821' as it is the part that checks if you have the second gym badge. You can remove it completely so there are no restrictions on when you can use it, or alter it so that you can get it earlier/ later than the second badge.

This sort of editing is far more complex for Fly, Flash, Surf and Waterfall as they are mainly run through ASM.

Ok, thanks! Exactly what I was looking for... but what exactly is ASM? Just incase that becomes a problem later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
my huge problem is this:
i start on map A and walk up into map b, but when i try to walk back down from b to a it blocks me as if there is a wall, and if i walk back and forth on map b i can see all of map a is gone and replaced with the border tile except the part i could see when i entered map b, what am i doing wrong and how do i fix it, because i have remade both maps already and i am really annoyed because i cant continue until it is fixed.
i use advanced-map and pksv editor and i am using a ruby rom

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
my huge problem is this:
i start on map A and walk up into map b, but when i try to walk back down from b to a it blocks me as if there is a wall, and if i walk back and forth on map b i can see all of map a is gone and replaced with the border tile except the part i could see when i entered map b, what am i doing wrong and how do i fix it, because i have remade both maps already and i am really annoyed because i cant continue until it is fixed.
i use advanced-map and pksv editor and i am using a ruby rom

Fix your offsets on the connection box.
If your map A's offset is 0, then map 's offset connection should be 0 as well.
If for instance, your map A's offset is a positive number(e.g. 20), the map B's offset should be it's negative number (e.g. -20)...
connections.png

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

If for instance, your map A's offset is a positive number(e.g. 20), the map B's offset should be it's negative number (e.g. -20)...
connections.png

i had the same problem with map connections, but when i set the connections right, on the game the tiles are all messed up, i know that the two maps have to have the same tileset 2, but even still, it doesn't work, any help with that would be great.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
i had the same problem with map connections, but when i set the connections right, on the game the tiles are all messed up, i know that the two maps have to have the same tileset 2, but even still, it doesn't work, any help with that would be great.

Same here, the offsets match as do the tilesets( which happen to be zero and two also) but it still wont let me back, plus the tiles freak when I first enter the map until I can't see them any more than move back to see them

Years

Same here, the offsets match as do the tilesets( which happen to be zero and two also) but it still wont let me back, plus the tiles freak when I first enter the map until I can't see them any more than move back to see them

Here's whats wrong with the crazy tiles:
The game can only load one pair of tileset at a time. Your tilesets are probably completely different in the two maps. To fix it try and make so that when you enter the second map you can't see tiles that can only exist in the first (due to tilesets).

Example:

Map A has 0 and 1 tilesets and Map B has 0 and 2 tilesets. In the player's view in-game (which is 7 tiles upwards/downwards, don't know about sideways but a safe estimate would be 10-12) you must not be able to see tiles of a tileset that isn't mutual in both maps. For example, you cannot stand between maps A and B and see tiles of both tileset 1 and tileset 2 since these tilesets are not mutual between map A and B. One solution to this can be to make a 14 tile route [in length] (if connection is upwards/downwards) or a 20 tile route [in width] (if connection is on the right/left) and you only make that route out of tileset 0 which is mutual, as long as the player can only see tiles of tilesets that are mutual between two different maps you will not get the crazy tiles.

If you don't understand me or if you have anymore questions that need answering please refer to Dr. Fuji as my knowledge in only limited to the standard above. That specifically mean I know no other solution of the crazy tiles. Thank you.

EDIT: Instead of making a whole new route you could make a warp instead of a normal connection like when entering a forrest or make one of those buildings like at each exit of saffron city (FR/LG) - ya know, the ones with the thirsty guards! Of course you can't make a whole game like that, but you could make some towns like that to save you time. Otherwise you'd have to add mutual tiles between map A and B, it could be a route or just and extra bit of grass extending from the city (w/ wild pokemon), or anything else you can think of as long as only mutual tilesets see each other!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
Here's whats wrong with the crazy tiles:
The game can only load one pair of tileset at a time. Your tilesets are probably completely different in the two maps. To fix it try and make so that when you enter the second map you can't see tiles that can only exist in the first (due to tilesets).

Example:

Map A has 0 and 1 tilesets and Map B has 0 and 2 tilesets. In the player's view in-game (which is 7 tiles upwards/downwards, don't know about sideways but a safe estimate would be 10-12) you must not be able to see tiles of a tileset that isn't mutual in both maps. For example, you cannot stand between maps A and B and see tiles of both tileset 1 and tileset 2 since these tilesets are not mutual between map A and B. One solution to this can be to make a 14 tile route [in length] (if connection is upwards/downwards) or a 20 tile route [in width] (if connection is on the right/left) and you only make that route out of tileset 0 which is mutual, as long as the player can only see tiles of tilesets that are mutual between two different maps you will not get the crazy tiles.

If you don't understand me or if you have anymore questions that need answering please refer to Dr. Fuji as my knowledge in only limited to the standard above. That specifically mean I know no other solution of the crazy tiles. Thank you.

EDIT: Instead of making a whole new route you could make a warp instead of a normal connection like when entering a forrest or make one of those buildings like at each exit of saffron city (FR/LG) - ya know, the ones with the thirsty guards! Of course you can't make a whole game like that, but you could make some towns like that to save you time. Otherwise you'd have to add mutual tiles between map A and B, it could be a route or just and extra bit of grass extending from the city (w/ wild pokemon), or anything else you can think of as long as only mutual tilesets see each other!!!
that solves the crazy tiles but not why you can go from map a to be but you can't go back from map b to a, and both maps b and a have the same exact tile-sets. and yes i have connections set both ways with offsets of zero for both

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
when ever i use hidesprite the sprite goes away til i move then it shows up again?

also for a script i need to know how to make people be invisible til a script happens

for example: im walking by the pokemon center then as i was up to it my rival comes outside of the pokemon center how do i make it appear that my rival is invisible til after the dorr is opened and he steps out?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
when ever i use hidesprite the sprite goes away til i move then it shows up again?

also for a script i need to know how to make people be invisible til a script happens

for example: im walking by the pokemon center then as i was up to it my rival comes outside of the pokemon center how do i make it appear that my rival is invisible til after the dorr is opened and he steps out?

If your using pksv I recommend disappear instead of hidesprite, and I am pretty sure you put his sprite on set it as hidden, then use the reappear function thing in pksv.
Or use dissapear in the map script fir when you enter the map, then use reappear 0x(person event number) to make him reappear

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
If your using pksv I recommend disappear instead of hidesprite, and I am pretty sure you put his sprite on set it as hidden, then use the reappear function thing in pksv.
Or use dissapear in the map script fir when you enter the map, then use reappear 0x(person event number) to make him reappear

sorry for got to tell you im using xse

Years
that solves the crazy tiles but not why you can go from map a to be but you can't go back from map b to a, and both maps b and a have the same exact tile-sets. and yes i have connections set both ways with offsets of zero for both

Read this post from destinedjagold:

connections.png

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
Guys? Please don't ignore me. Does anyone know the answers at my questions? (Bottom of Page 725)
If you don't please just tell me that you don't know or something.. I hate when people just..
..Ignore.

Years
Guys? Please don't ignore me. Does anyone know the answers at my questions? (Bottom of Page 725)
If you don't please just tell me that you don't know or something.. I hate when people just..
..Ignore.

I know!! Isn't it horrible when you're trying to make a hack and ask a question, and people ignore you so you have to wait for ages before you can continue on you hack!!!

Here you go:

I'm a newb here so I didn't know where to post this and please don't assume that I know about errors in A-M.
AND YE,YE This miiiggghhht not be a "simple" quetion ^.^
Alright, I'm using Advance Map 1.92 to hack LG. To test it I use VBA. I have 4 questions.

1. When I'm out of of Pokémon, I re-spawn inside a Gym. Wtf?

Gives us more information, I don't understand your question.

2. How can I re-name maps?
I tried to insert a map and then it became a copy of the trading room place in the Pokécenter. (I created a new bank)
Then I edited the name of the new map in the new bank folder.
But when I edited it, the name of the Pokécenter place also changed!
How can I make a new name and keep the other?

Go to the Header option (Next to the Events option and the Wild Pokemon option above the canvas), change the name from there (from the first option on the right). The slide down thing which is the first option on the left selects under which category the map is. I don't currently know how to add your own categories. If you change the category of a map you have to save and reload the rom for the change to appear.

3. Well, I am working very much with my hack but when I test it something happens:
If I go into a warp I have made myself, I get a blackscreen.
If I edit a map that's connected with warps (like a house) , I get a blackscreen.
IF I change ROM and then edit another map..
..I get a blackscreen!
I can't understand why it does not work though I know how to place warps.
So I deleted the warp in one of the maps and then tried agin with a new warp. Finally it worked.
BUT! Then I edited another map (that not had anything to do with the first map) and then saved.
Then I tried and my new place was looking great, but the blackscreen came back when I tried to visit the other place..
So I thought it might be a bug or something.
So, I downloaded Advance Map 1.95. I tried to open my map but then I got this error:

'The MapFooter is not saved at an Offset dividable by 4,
this can cause map is Black in ROM. Loading it anyway.'

I don't know about 1.95 but try this (this is valid for 1.92, it might work for 1.95 too): Don't edit the size of pre-existing maps. There is a solution if you do want to change the size of an already existing map but I don't know it (it has something to do with reinserting the map or whatever)

4. I'm using scripts and A-trainer to create new trainers. I've got almost everything to work.
The thing is, How can I change the battle music? I tried to edit the "intro music" in A-trainer but nothing happend in the game.
So I tried a script like 'sound 0x153' But that didn't work..

No idea, sorry

And also, when I'm using Advance map, What should I edit? "From ini" or "From Header"??

It doesn't matter which one you edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back