• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Is it fairly easy to replace May's sprites in Emerald (overworld, trainer card, and battle sprites) with that of Leaf's sprites in FR/LG? How would I go about doing this, and what tools would I need?

Thanks!

It's all of a matter of exporting the image from the ROM into another one. There are tutorials to do it in the Documents and Tutorials section, but I suggest you do not use leaf green for your hacking, as there are more tools available that work for fire red.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
You make a green s tile wth a script containing (for XSE)

warp 0x(map bank in hex) 0x(map no in hex) 0(a-map warp no in hex or FF) 0x(0 if you used n a-map warp no.,X coordinte if you used FF) 0x(0 if you used n a-map warp no.,X coordinte if you used FF)

warp 0xE 0x3 0xFF 0x2 0x2

warps you to map 3 of bank 14 2 spaces to the right and below the top left corner.

So how do I make it check to see if the player has a specific key item, and warp to one place if he/she does, and another otherwise?

Also, I made a simple test script to make sure I understood it correctly, but nothing happens when you step on the script tile. What's wrong with it?

'-----------------------
#org 0xEEEEEE
warp 0x0 0x9 0xFF 0x2 0x2

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Anyone know some Pokemon Gold tools that are good?

Like sprite editors, and trainer editors, and gym leaders/elite fours/champion red editors that dont get an error when saving

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
So how do I make it check to see if the player has a specific key item, and warp to one place if he/she does, and another otherwise?

Also, I made a simple test script to make sure I understood it correctly, but nothing happens when you step on the script tile. What's wrong with it?

'-----------------------
#org 0xEEEEEE
warp 0x0 0x9 0xFF 0x2 0x2

In a-map on your script tile change the first unknown to 0003 and the var number to 5001

to make a check do

checkitem 0x(item number in hex) 0x1

Champion Victoria

Puella docta
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
Champion Victoria said:
Is it fairly easy to replace May's sprites in Emerald (overworld, trainer card, and battle sprites) with that of Leaf's sprites in FR/LG? How would I go about doing this, and what tools would I need?

Thanks!
It's all of a matter of exporting the image from the ROM into another one. There are tutorials to do it in the Documents and Tutorials section, but I suggest you do not use leaf green for your hacking, as there are more tools available that work for fire red.

Hey, thanks. I've found some threads and used unLZ-gba and the Overworld editor to change the May overworld sprites and the trainer front sprites. However, I can't seem to find anything that will help me change the backsprites.

I've found this here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182974 , and have been able to use Tile Molester to find the backsprites for May. But now I'm stuck.

I can copy and paste sprite sheets, but I don't know what to do after that. I paste the sheet, and it gives me some sort of selection mode. I can move around the newly pasted sheet, and see the original sprites underneath--I don't know how to make it just *stay* there and save on top of the sprites.

How do I get this to work after pasting the sprites on top?

Is there an easier way to do this? It looks like Leaf's backsprites are still in the game, right after Brendan and May--can I tell the game to use those instead?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I've gotten the backsprite working now, but I have some residual palette issues--there is a spot of green on the hat where a shadow should be, and the coloration in general seems odd. I've imported the palette in TM though, so I am not sure what else to do. The palette seems to be working perfectly fine inside TM.

EDIT: Got it. Figured out how to search with APE. Huzzah.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Elaborate, for the longest time, 4050 has been the standard, the rule of thumb, explain please.

The variable that you put in the "Var number" text box is the variable that is compared with the value in the "Var value" text box. If the two are equal, the script will execute. If not, then the script won't execute. The only reason people think that the "Var number" has to be 4050 or whatever is that 4050 is the variable assigned to the script tile in Pallet Town which, naturally, is the first script tile people found when looking for ways to make their scripts work.
So, as H2O Turquoise was saying, if you have the Var number as 0x7000 and the var value as 0x0000, at the end of the script that you assigned to that script tile you would put something like "addvar 0x7000 0x1" or "setvar 0x7000 0x1" or by any means make 0x7000 not equal to 0x0001.

As for the unknown, well, there's a reason it's called unknown. :P

(Also, do you have that "player can move while the script is executing" script yet? You said you could do it but I'll believe it when I see it)

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Thanks for the tut I normally use the Map Viewer to find a APE offset but, for some reason the Status Bar in battle doesn't come up in the Map Viewer so this way works better for me thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2010
Hi, I'm trying to change trainer's pokemon, I tried using PET but it would not read my fire red rom. Can somebody help me with this?

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Hi, I'm trying to change trainer's pokemon, I tried using PET but it would not read my fire red rom. Can somebody help me with this?
You should try using HackMew's Advance Trainer that is what I use and it works perfectly you can download it from his tools in the Toolbox Forum.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The variable that you put in the "Var number" text box is the variable that is compared with the value in the "Var value" text box. If the two are equal, the script will execute. If not, then the script won't execute. The only reason people think that the "Var number" has to be 4050 or whatever is that 4050 is the variable assigned to the script tile in Pallet Town which, naturally, is the first script tile people found when looking for ways to make their scripts work.
So, as H2O Turquoise was saying, if you have the Var number as 0x7000 and the var value as 0x0000, at the end of the script that you assigned to that script tile you would put something like "addvar 0x7000 0x1" or "setvar 0x7000 0x1" or by any means make 0x7000 not equal to 0x0001.

As for the unknown, well, there's a reason it's called unknown. :P

(Also, do you have that "player can move while the script is executing" script yet? You said you could do it but I'll believe it when I see it)

The player will sometimes look like he/she's able to move but in actual fact the script has finished and the graphics being displayed haven't. An example of this would be making an earthqauke script. Even though you put waitstate at the end, you'll be able to walk about because the actually script has finished, but the earthquake graphics haven't. :3

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I have this idea and I'd like to use it.
The Gym Leader challenges you to a race. You do the talk, everything then applymovement. No waitmovement following, just a release. When the Gym Leader finishes moving, you lose. But if you get to a trigger script before the GL, you win.
Would that be possible?

simonrule18

Iwant to create my own pokemon
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
hello
can any one tell me is there pokemon gba like pokemon soulsilver DS

I have this idea and I'd like to use it.
i want the name of the programs to translate pokemon soul silver and heart Gold can you help me please...
thank's

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
the 25 slots can freeze your game if you catch them?
I plan to edit the 25 slots into a 4th gen pokemon's so I'm wondering what will happen.
also if a pokemon will evolve into the 25 slots(magmar into magmortar)can this also freeze the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back