• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much is Pokemon BLUE worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Ok I recently decided to sell my blue version, the sticker is on the cartirdge.
I HAVE the box, though its slightly worn, and I have the manual.

What can I expect to get for this?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'm not quite sure what you mean. So, I understand that you've sold the blue version but are you saying that you want to buy it again or is it that you want to know how much money you can get from just selling it?

Well, if you're buying a new one I'd buy anything that has been used in the past. I've researched on Amazon that you can buy one for $19.95, although that might not be such helpful advice if you live outside the US.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
I'm not quite sure what you mean. So, I understand that you've sold the blue version but are you saying that you want to buy it again or is it that you want to know how much money you can get from just selling it?

Well, if you're buying a new one I'd buy anything that has been used in the past. I've researched on Amazon that you can buy one for $19.95, although that might not be such helpful advice if you live outside the US.
the $19.95 one does not include the box though, surely it should raise little value as not many keep the box.

thanks tho guys.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
Years
Yeah, I bought a used one (without the box) from someone for like $5. Maybe I just got lucky though, and with the box I maybe would've paid $10. I guess it depends how badly someone wants it though. You could start off selling it for $25 or something and lower the price if you don't get anyone that'll pay that much.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Pokemon Blue isn't really a rare or obscure game to be worth much, unless you have a box and manual of course. I really don't know how much it costs in US, but in my country, I can find them for 5$ (without the box).

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Dont sell it. Keep it and cherish it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Where I live, they go for roughly 26 dollars, without the box. If you buy them from a used game place. Gameboy games are harder to find where I live. I'm pretty jealous that you've got a blue. They're hard to find around here. Maybe it's all regional. But I also agree it depends on the condition of the game and how badly someone wants it.

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
Ok I recently decided to sell my blue version, the sticker is on the cartirdge.
I HAVE the box, though its slightly worn, and I have the manual.

What can I expect to get for this?
It all depends on the condition of the box and if the save battery works. Try looking at ebay posts that match the condition of yours. It should go for quite a bit.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I don't think it's worth selling, in my opinion. Even though you have the original box and manual, you probably wouldn't get more than $25 for it. It might be worth something in the future, though, but I don't think it's worth selling for the moment.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It wouldn't be wise to sell. I got my current copy for like $8 right before GameStop stopped selling used GB/GBC games.

Even with the box and manual you won't make more than what you initially paid, which is true to just about every video game but hopefully you get what I mean.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
My ex gave me a copy of Blue that didn't work, not the reason she's my ex though. She didn't know lol she hadn't played it in forever.

I'd probably pay 30 for the most for just a used copy, don't need the box or manual. I know that's quite a bit but it's a wonderful game, definitely worth it for me!

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Its defiantly worth more than $20 here, the cartridge alone sells on eBay for around £13 which is like $20, maybe that's just in England though, I got it for my birthday yearsss ago, so I'll defo make a profit lol.

Where I live, they go for roughly 26 dollars, without the box. If you buy them from a used game place. Gameboy games are harder to find where I live. I'm pretty jealous that you've got a blue. They're hard to find around here. Maybe it's all regional. But I also agree it depends on the condition of the game and how badly someone wants it.
Probably from England too?:)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Just look up what similar condition games are going for on ebay. Since this is a one-question thread going to lock this. PM me if you have any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back