• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
So, then, what's the cut off number? More than 10 and your son is gay? Or is it a scale thing like: 0-6: straight, 7-12: bi, 13-20: gay.

14. Are you divorced?
I can understand where a lot of the questions come from (even if they're messed up, based on ignorance, etc.) but I can't think of how anyone came up with this one. Oh, wait, unless this is similar to #18 (In your family is the father absent?) which lots of people (wrongly) believe. This is kind of half-funny, half-scary then.

And clearly wanting a girl baby and getting a boy one will give you a gay baby because gay just means "feminine boy". Clearly.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Spoiler:

Every single one is a no for me. That's crazy. I must be the straightest person on the planet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's not yes = gay, no = straight, lol. For example, you answered no to 2, 5, 7, and 20 and all of those I believe are no = gay, yes = straight.

Years
Well that's just making it confusing. How am I, a hypothetical person who would believe this test, supposed to handle this complicated system where only some of the yes answers mean my hypothetical son is gay?

So, news time. First article isn't specifically about LGBT& but it's close to the hearts of many who are.
And for some silliness:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Judging from that "quiz", I am extremely gay. Let's be stereo-typically gay and go shopping to celebrate, guys!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Haha, you really shouldn't be surprised at the quality of the apps that are on the Android Market. It's not like that thing is very regulated.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I know personally that homosexual guys that "act like girls" are in the minority. They're just portrayed in the media more. They are also the only ones that are noticeable to others. Most others go unnoticed.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I was just sitting in the student center and saw a news clip about an app that's now out on the Android market: "Is My Son Gay?"

Source

I like how if you wanted a girl before he was born that affects his sexuality. e___e;

Bahahaha I saw this yesterday on both The View and Chelsea Lately and was coming here to post about it only to see that you'd beat me to it. I know this app is absolutely terrible and we should all be angry etc, but am I the only one who finds it absolutely hilarious? It's so ridiculous it can't be taken seriously.

I was actually really annoyed that when I tried to download it myself to see if I'm gay (because if it said no then I must be mistaken for all these years) only to find out that it's for Android only! Androids suck and iPhones rule. If you like Androids that's fine, but facts are facts.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Bahahaha I saw this yesterday on both The View and Chelsea Lately and was coming here to post about it only to see that you'd beat me to it. I know this app is absolutely terrible and we should all be angry etc, but am I the only one who finds it absolutely hilarious? It's so ridiculous it can't be taken seriously.

I was actually really annoyed that when I tried to download it myself to see if I'm gay (because if it said no then I must be mistaken for all these years) only to find out that it's for Android only! Androids suck and iPhones rule. If you like Androids that's fine, but facts are facts.
Yeah, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the third question.

Years
Well, there hasn't been much activity here for a while. Time for a question.

Do you have any friends who you suspect are queer/bi/straight/trans/asexual/gay/etc. (basically any friends who haven't stated anything or you think might be hiding) and if you do then how do you feel about them potentially being in the closet?

I do. A friend of mine I haven't seen in over a year who I just saw yesterday. I'm not really sure where she falls. She's never dated (that I know of) and doesn't really show interest so I wonder if she's asexual. I kind of wish I knew because I'm curious (and if she's just closeting herself I'd like to offer some help), but I want to respect her privacy and any decisions she might have made about whether to keep things private or not so I don't ask.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
This reminds me of a girl I was good friends with in high school. She never dated, didn't really have any interest in either guys or girls, but one of my lesbian friends swore up and down that she was a lesbian as well. The girl vehemently denied it for years, and then one day actually came out. She was terrified that our friend would be upset because she denied it for so long, but she just said "of course you are" and moved on, hahah.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I probably was that one friend that the people I knew wondered about for a number of years. xD I dunno anyone else that we've wondered about. Most of my friends are straight or bi, and they never really gave reason to wonder otherwise, nor did they hide their orientations.

Though, I did have an old friend who I swore was bi, but he was also into girls that for years he didn't admit he was bisexual. Come to find out, he came out via the internet some time last year. Though he's still dating a girl, and doesn't really pay much attention to the fact that he's bi.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I do. A friend of mine I haven't seen in over a year who I just saw yesterday. I'm not really sure where she falls. She's never dated (that I know of) and doesn't really show interest so I wonder if she's asexual. I kind of wish I knew because I'm curious (and if she's just closeting herself I'd like to offer some help), but I want to respect her privacy and any decisions she might have made about whether to keep things private or not so I don't ask.
Sounds just like me until a year or two ago.

I always used to want to be asexual, because I didn't have much interest in actual sex, and felt that relationships were a waste of time, but of course that wasn't the case. I tried to hide any attractions as best I could though.

As far as other people, there was one guy who was really friendly with me, and occasionally hugged me, put his hand on my shoulder etc, even though we really weren't that close... I didn't really pay much mind to it at the time though. I don't know if/who he dated, so I really couldn't say.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Am I allowed to join if I'm nothing but an 'ally'? As in, I'm straight and monogendered and all that jazz. I'm going to assume that ally means a supporter of the LGBTQIPAAOS rights, right? If so, I'm in!

If not, I'll leave. :\

Anyway,

I know personally that homosexual guys that "act like girls" are in the minority. They're just portrayed in the media more. They are also the only ones that are noticeable to others. Most others go unnoticed.

There's a major issue with gays in the media. They are either portrayed as flamboyant and fabulous characters, serial killers or not at all. The only good portray of a homosexual I've seen on TV was in Desperate Housewives - of Andrew.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
A lot of homophobes out there say that homosexuality is "unnatural" because it is "not found in animals." Well, actually... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

I cannot tell you how many times I've shown this to people who are against homosexuality (people who troll the pro-gay Facebook pages I frequent) and they totally rejected it, and I bet they didn't even click the link.

Years
Am I allowed to join if I'm nothing but an 'ally'? As in, I'm straight and monogendered and all that jazz. I'm going to assume that ally means a supporter of the LGBTQIPAAOS rights, right? If so, I'm in!

If not, I'll leave. :\

Anyway,

There's a major issue with gays in the media. They are either portrayed as flamboyant and fabulous characters, serial killers or not at all. The only good portray of a homosexual I've seen on TV was in Desperate Housewives - of Andrew.
Spoiler:
Everyone can join and allies are as appreciated as everyone else. It's great to have support from people in the straight crowd.

A lot of homophobes out there say that homosexuality is "unnatural" because it is "not found in animals." Well, actually... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

I cannot tell you how many times I've shown this to people who are against homosexuality (people who troll the pro-gay Facebook pages I frequent) and they totally rejected it, and I bet they didn't even click the link.
Remember, some people outright reject any connection between humans and other animals so it makes sense that some people wouldn't be persuaded. Plus, you know, trolls.

Of course we all know that "unnatural" is just code for "it disgusts me" so it's just an excuse to mask their discomfort instead of a proper reason.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Sorry guys, I've been a bit pre-occupied lately so I dropped the LGBT Club! It won't happen again, I swear!

Welcome to PelipperMail! Love the username XD

Do you have any friends who you suspect are queer/bi/straight/trans/asexual/gay/etc. (basically any friends who haven't stated anything or you think might be hiding) and if you do then how do you feel about them potentially being in the closet?

I don't, no. But if I did, I would say nothing about it. The last thing a closeted person needs is someone hounding them. I had a few people do this before I came out and it made me incredibly uncomfortable and delayed the process. When a person is comfortable enough, they'll do it. Until then, leave them alone the process it for themselves.

How to do you feel about people who assume someone is/going to end up gay just because their gender may be opposite of their sex.

Simple ignorance, really. I don't like it either but it's to be expected, with the way we are generally portrayed in the media. I think a fair portion of people who assume that are joking though, so I think we do need to have a bit of a sense of humour about ourselves.

Back