• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, okay. Yeah, I've seen that before- must have forgotten about it. x;

I honestly have three systems, but one is a DS Lite, so if I need Wifi, it's useless. I mainly use it for the purpose of playing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald versions (yet, somehow, I never have gotten around to beating any of them).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I still have WEP so I can use my DS Lite online, but I dread the day if I ever change routers and lose the WEP.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've got 4 DS's. 1 DS Lite, 2 DSi's, 1 DSi XL.

The lite has a broken hinge, one of the DSi's stopped working after I dropped it - Tried opening it up to see what was wrong, but I ended up tearing up the screws, and the other DSi and XL are working fine.

I bought the Lite off of ebay in hopes of salvaging my backup acekard 2i and my new Supercard DSTwo but it didn't work. Thankfully my old DStwo is still working - falling apart, but working. After I broke my DSi I bought another one to replace it, and about a month later won the XL in a contest.

I haven't used the DSi since then - I'd originally planned to sell the XL but quickly got used to it's larger screen.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Thanks, Slender. c:

I only have one DS Lite, given to me as a Christmas present. It works perfectly well, but I would like a new 3DS to be able to play X/Y later on. If not, I just wish for an emulator that can run this 3DS game.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I doubt that we'll be seeing a 3DS emulator for a while. A long while.

I'm still hoping for a 3ds flashcard within the year though.

Years
I got my 3DS XL last Christmas, so I'm well prepared for X and Y. I've had my Ice Blue DS Lite ever since I got Pokemon Pearl for my birthday in 2008. I play all my 4th and 5th Gen games on it, and I might start playing them on my 3DS XL as well once I get X and Y.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've got 3 DSes (one phat that my brother and I shared, a Lite that isn't doing so well from my overuse of it, and a DSi that I bought to replace the slowly dying Lite) and then I have my Japanese 3DS. I also practically own my roommate's NA 3DS because he doesn't use it and I keep it in my room so I can do the daily puzzles for the Professor Layton game. :x

I really hope they come out with a 3DS flashcart too. :( I HATE what they did with region locking this generation of DS. I imported my 3DS for Kingdom Hearts and, thankfully, have imported enough games since then that I don't regret my foreign purchase but Nintendo is definitely losing out on a lot of game purchases from me because I can't play the games on my 3DS and I can't afford to buy a second one just for North American releases. <_< At least with a flashcart I'd be able to play the games while not giving them my money, haha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The only one DS Phat that's a special edition hot rod red one that came bundled with Mario Kart DS, except the siding is black instead of silver. So I guess that makes it different?? I actually bought it used back in 2010 to play HeartGold. I don't know I just prefer how the original DS feels and I like how it looks for some reason. Plus it was cheaper lol.
nintendo-reveals-red-hot-ds-bundle-20051012044000826-000.jpg

My brother both have DS lites though my little brother's is currently having problems cause it turns on a few seconds and then flashes off. I used to use his for trading/transferring Pokemon since he hardly uses it. Now I use my other brother's if he lets me.

I plan to get a 3DS XL to play X and Y and hopefully some other games. Really want that Pikachu XL though I think they're gonna sell fast and I doubt I'll have money soon cause I would basically have to buy it on release date to even get one. (Based on how fast they apparently sold in Japan. )

I like my DS and I'm too attached to it so I don't myself not using it even after I get a 3DS. I might also get an extra DSlite or DSi for trading/transferring Pokemon.

Cherrim

Years
I was pretty excited when I heard the Pikachu XL would be coming here but then I took a closer look at it and... it's not very nice. :( Well, I don't like the design of it. I really dislike the fact that the hinges are white instead of a uniform yellow all around the outside. The inside is white as well and I think if they're going with such a bright yellow to emphasize Pikachu, it should be that yellow all over. The outside especially should've been one colour because Pikachu's design is on both sides--his head is on the front and his tail is on the back. The white doesn't correspond to any single part of Pikachu's design and doesn't look very good to me at all...

Factor in that I have small hands and don't think I'd enjoy an XL over the original 3DS and it's not on my wishlist. u_u;

I definitely wouldn't worry about not using your DS after you get a 3DS though--the 3DS's DS playback isn't very good. It's either blown up and very blurry or it's awkwardly small and centred on the screens. @_@ Neither are very appealing for me so I just use one of my original DSes whenever I want to play an actual DS game.

Treecko

Years
Yeah the only real problem I have with the design on Pikachu XL is how the inside and the hinges are white. I was thinking the inside would be yellow and only the hinges were white, though that's where I was wrong. It looks odd being all white and I think only the hinges should be white or black and the inside yellow. I still want to try to buy it though. I hope they release the Charizard XL to North America cause I'd probably buy that one more than the Pikachu one in a heartbeat.

Though if all else fails and I can't get my hands on either, I'll just buy a normal XL in blue.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Mmmm... Trading... Something that I haven't done in a long time ever since my router has changed and there's a problem with it that won't allow my DS lite to connect to it.

But back when I have my old router, I was a very helpful person on PC and helped people on the quick trade thread, giving them whatever pokemon with no secret agenda and wanted nothing in return. Then, the egg swap is another of my trading sprees in PC.

I have 2 DS to trade for evolution and starters and whatever you can think of. Nothing too special.

(LOL that was last page's topic)

Meanwhile... That Charizard XL looks really good, I don't really like that Pikachu one because I prefer the original game art, not the cute version of it. However the Charizard XL is hardert to get than the Pikachu one cos I have read that the Pikachu 3DS, which had to be reserved if you wanted to buy it, the Charizard XL will be a lot harder to pick up. Reservations will be decided via a lottery that will be held from November 3rd – 26th. Lottery winners will get to buy the special Charizard 3DS XL.

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Factor in that I have small hands and don't think I'd enjoy an XL over the original 3DS and it's not on my wishlist. u_u;

I definitely wouldn't worry about not using your DS after you get a 3DS though--the 3DS's DS playback isn't very good. It's either blown up and very blurry or it's awkwardly small and centred on the screens. @_@ Neither are very appealing for me so I just use one of my original DSes whenever I want to play an actual DS game.

I heard that about the 3Ds' playback and that why I'm still gonna use my DS for DS games and then get a DS Lite or DSi for trading Pokemon rom my other games/transferring my Pokemon from other games. That way, too, I don't have to bother my brother to use his.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I might just get a 3DS soon. Not sure if I want XL or the 3DS but the reason is only because of X & Y!

Cherrim

Years
I prefer the look of the XL because it's matte instead of that cheap looking plastic that plagues the original 3DS line but... the console's just too big for me. T_T; I have tiny hands and the 3DS as it is is the perfect size but any bigger and it gets uncomfortable.

The big screen of the XL is probably gorgeous though. :x I really like my DSi's screen and I imagine it's just a nicer upgrade than even that comparatively. I'd definitely go for the XL if its larger size isn't actually a problem.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I find it weird that I haven't even seen a 3DS or the XL in real life yet.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The 3DSXL is kind of ugly and oversized, so I went with a regular sized so I can play Fire Emblem: Awakening and the forthcoming Pokemon games, with the other stray gems that might rear their ugly heads into my wallet at some point or another.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm not sure wether to buy a 3DS or a 3DSXL... 3DS is smaller but the 3DSXL got better performance.. I'll just have to wait and see what I'll be getting.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Another option is to always buy just a cheap used DS.. and for DSXL or regular DS.. it depends on your priorities.. What's more comfortable to hold for you? And how much do you value the extra battery life?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't like buying a used console, I wanna have my very own where the first hands to touch it is mines ;~;

But the extra battery life of the XL is really tempting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back