Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

TrollandToad.com

Old 1 Week Ago (3:02 PM).
Johto Champion

Nature: Quiet
    A song I would like to hear is an 8-bit version of "Don't Ever Forget" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Don't know how it would fit in but the thought just occurred to me as I replay the game. Another thought: A cool Easter egg would be an 8-bit version of the original Pokémon anime theme song when interacting with a TV.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (8:25 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by blaziken662.

Nature: Hasty
      Hi there! I've just finished my first playthrough of the latest 3.0 beta and I want to share some insight based in my experience:

- First of all I do agree that ginding can be troublesome specially mid-Johto as the wild encounters are pretty shallow in terms of base EXP. However Wonder Trade access guarantees some speed up as long as you respect badge restrictions regarding foreigner Pokemon. Also, the Breeder in Route 43 is a pretty solid source of EXP, just watch out for the Munchlax!

- The TM selection from the fist half of the game is pretty lame... There is a huge lack of relevant offensive moves and support ones. I really missed Mud-Slap as a TM for Ground coverage, also there isn't any Rock type TM available until Kanto (the Rollout TM was replaced with Hone Claws).

- I do agree that there must be a little more variety of setup moves, as setup sweepers are the only ones that can break past some Pokes like Lapras or Snorlax due the added bulk provided by the lack of EV restrictions. Shell Smash and Quiver Dance are the most obvious candidates for implementation, specially considering that these moves would benefit all the potential users regarding offensive and balance battle styles.

- Speaking of the prior point, PHazing and Entry Hazards would be great to counter such strategies, but with a lack of Stealth Rock and stackable Spikes the battle pace feels slow.

- Some items make little to no sense within the current state of the game: Power items are useless without EV limits, as Macho Brace allows a more efficient EV training; White and Power Herb are pretty niche without Overheat-like moves or SolarBeam-like ones.

- Regarding move bugs, Close Combat lowers the target Sp. Def. upon contact and Gyro Ball isn't properly coded at all as it always stays at 1 BP.

- Now, regarding additionally move/niche suggestions without Drill Run Dodrio and Beedrill are not so menacing, Avalanche without the proper mechanic is also useless due the negative priority and Icicle Crash covers the same niche. Heat Wave is relevant, as Zapdos, Pidgeot, Honchkrow and Nasty Crobat can make good use of it.

- Speaking of Honchkrow, I noticed that Moxie doesn't boosts the user's Attack if it gets a KO with a special move or lowers its stats in the same turn (i.e.: grab a KO with Close Combat). Also, Speed Boost shouldn't activate in the switch, Intimidate doesn't activate multiple times in a match (making switching more risky), etc.

- Now, I guess there are some Pokes that are completly outclassed and could be removed: If Weezing is retyped as Poison/Dark makes Muk a lot less relevant, Dewgong is a worst Lapras and Dodrio doesn't offer any advantage over Pidgeot without Ground coverage. Also, baby Pokemon are like the "flagships" of Gen II, so maybe the chopped ones can return alongside Aipom/Ambipom or Delibird/Stantler.

- I have a little confusion regarding manga/game protagonists teams (ignoring the fact that both in the game and Adventures canon Green is "Gary" and Blue is the girl). Yellow team is canon with Pikachu/Omanyte/Graveler/Doduo/Raticate/Butterfree, so no complaints there, but Blue's (Green) team makes no sense at all... it doesn't follow his Gen I Champion team (It can function pretty well without starters) neither his manga team, and that makes the following encounters with the rest of the Dex holders messy as well (not to mention that Green (Blue) team can make use of the Legendary Birds without being forced as the final boss).

- I know that some scripts in Kanto aren't finished, but the lack of forewarning about the chopped quests seems odd... Like the Machine Part quest, or the Expn Card one.

- Finally I must say that I was surprised to know what the Armor Suit does! Maybe it's a nice precursor of Mega Stones, but the lack of base stat enhancement is disappointing.

Well, sorry for the text wall, but I wanted to contribute with my feedback before the ideas became blurry in my mind! Thanks a lot for this amazing experience!

Best regards!
      Old 1 Week Ago (10:11 PM).

How do I get access to Mt Silver? I got all 16 badges and beat the elite four again and whenever I talk to the guy in the way he just says how there's powerful pokemon.
        Old 6 Days Ago (10:19 AM).

Fixed the Close Combat bug. Avalanche is already correctly implemented. Can't reproduce the Moxie issue, can you post a more detailed way to reproduce it?
          Old 6 Days Ago (11:21 AM).
          Victory! Means Others Destruction!!

Nature: Modest
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cha0ticbrah View Post
            How do I get access to Mt Silver? I got all 16 badges and beat the elite four again and whenever I talk to the guy in the way he just says how there's powerful pokemon.
            Talk with Prof. Oak
            Old 6 Days Ago (4:07 PM). Edited 6 Days Ago by blaziken662.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FIQ View Post
              Fixed the Close Combat bug. Avalanche is already correctly implemented. Can't reproduce the Moxie issue, can you post a more detailed way to reproduce it?
              I've uploaded a video showcasing the issues mentioned in my prior post: https://youtu.be/StALqD_BWUQ

In the first battle the Jynx gets KO'd by Close Combat and the Defense drops override the Ability activation.
              In the second battle the Weezing gets KO'd by Fire Blast and the Ability doesn't trigger.

I showcase the entire battles to demonstrate that the bug is punctual, if the foe gets KO'd by a physical move the Ability triggers and the Attack boost is applied (done damage calculations with Drill Peck as it fails to OHKO things without the boost)

Aditionally, how about Gyro Ball? The move is present in the current moveset of a very promiment NPC fight, so it needs to be revised.

I'm hoping the provided information can be useful.

Best regards!
              Old 6 Days Ago (5:27 PM).

Nature: Careful
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by blaziken662 View Post
                I've uploaded a video showcasing the issues mentioned in my prior post: https://youtu.be/StALqD_BWUQ

In the first battle the Jynx gets KO'd by Close Combat and the Defense drops override the Ability activation.
                In the second battle the Weezing gets KO'd by Fire Blast and the Ability doesn't trigger.

I showcase the entire battles to demonstrate that the bug is punctual, if the foe gets KO'd by a physical move the Ability triggers and the Attack boost is applied (done damage calculations with Drill Peck as it fails to OHKO things without the boost)

Aditionally, how about Gyro Ball? The move is present in the current moveset of a very promiment NPC fight, so it needs to be revised.

I'm hoping the provided information can be useful.

Best regards!
                "This video is unavailable :/"

I think videos default to Private, that could be why.
                Old 6 Days Ago (7:45 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rangi View Post
                  "This video is unavailable :/"

I think videos default to Private, that could be why.
                  I've addressed the issue, can you try again?

Best regards.
                  Old 5 Days Ago (2:11 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by papacitoloko111789.

After watching the video and reading some of your comments, I believe I may have played an alternate version of your hack somehow o.o? I went through all of the game without realizing Pokemon had abilities like Moxie or Intimidate, rather on that page where it tells you I could see things like "The Pokemon is Proud of it's Power" and what nonsense. Guess I'm going to repatch and replay, not like I mind I love this game

Edit: So I actually ended up figuring out how to use Github to compile the thing and the thing and re-patched and I still don't see a difference? This time my Cyndaquill is bashful and likes to be silly lol. I'm going to assume based on the font of the text that the person above is playing a more updated version for now! It's 4:20 am and I'm gonna get some shut eye. Good night!
                    Old 5 Days Ago (6:24 AM).
                    Johto Champion

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by papacitoloko111789 View Post
                      After watching the video and reading some of your comments, I believe I may have played an alternate version of your hack somehow o.o? I went through all of the game without realizing Pokemon had abilities like Moxie or Intimidate, rather on that page where it tells you I could see things like "The Pokemon is Proud of it's Power" and what nonsense. Guess I'm going to repatch and replay, not like I mind I love this game

Edit: So I actually ended up figuring out how to use Github to compile the thing and the thing and re-patched and I still don't see a difference? This time my Cyndaquill is bashful and likes to be silly lol. I'm going to assume based on the font of the text that the person above is playing a more updated version for now! It's 4:20 am and I'm gonna get some shut eye. Good night!
                      @papacitoloko111789 In Pokémon Polished Crystal, Pokémon have random natures, which were first introduced in Generation III.
                      Old 4 Days Ago (9:29 AM).

@Sonic65101 thanks, I know they were introduced but since I got my version of polished crystal from a different site I thought I was playing a different version since I didn't see that they had abilities like blaziken662 had shown in his video. But no the version I have and the version posted on this website are one and the same. I came back to read and I fully understand right now that blaziken662 is playing 3.0 or maybe something higher while I am running 2.2.0.
                        Old 1 Day Ago (8:36 PM). Edited 1 Day Ago by blaziken662.

Hi there! I guess I found another ability bug as Weak Armor didn't increase the Speed of a target Omastar after dealing contact damage, however the Defense drop was applied properly.

Best regards!
                          Old 1 Day Ago (6:56 AM). Edited 19 Hours Ago by sonic65101.
                          Johto Champion

A build I made at 10:43 AM Central Time on September 19, 2017, has some item names swapped. Oran Berries are Persim Berries and Mulch is Sweet Honey. However, descriptions and effects are correct.
                            EDIT: Also, Jesse's name is misspelled as Jessie in the song title in the Music Player for the unique battle music from Pokémon Yellow Version.

Quick Reply