• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Homika looks like a rockstar, a hardcore at that. Definitely a new style to a gym leader. Have we had a Poison Gym since the father/daughter leaders? Koga/Janine? I don't think so, she is the first new taste of the Poison league! I tried expanding the photo a bit, it looks like she only has 2 Pokemon, so I say she will be one of the first two gym leaders (The way they showed her and the other guy, it's kind of obvious, I think). I will have to examine her a bit more, read what she says and learn her personality to fully say I like or dislike her, but she looks cool judging by the photo.

Black and White 2 will not only have Generation 5 in the wild mainly, but will be a mixed across all 5 generations right? I believe she may have only Generation 5, but the trainers within her gyms, may be mixed from the first 4 generations. Just my third degree.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Welcome to the club, MagnumKnight13! I was on holiday and didn't see your post, sorry! xD

So what do people think of the new Poison type gym leader for B2W2? Her name is Homika and she plays a guitar; she looks amazing!

tumblr_m2cnd8dz6C1qdromdo1_500.png

That's a picture of her above. Honestly I'm kinda freaked out based on information so far, she seems to be an exact replica of me. xD A guitar playing Poison type lover who's named after a hamster and dresses in black/purple - I love her already. <3 What do you guys think her team will be? Are you happy to see a Poison gym coming for B2W2? How far on in the story do you think she'll be?

She definitely looks like an interesting gym leader, and being poision I think she'll place a odd twist on the conventionary posion type tactics. I just hope she is a challenge. I agree with you Ozzy, that she might have a trubbish and a foongus, probably I think she'll have a trubish evolved into garbador, but that's just my opinion. I just think Gardbador is more of a 'tank' so to speak compared to Amoongus/Foongus. But either, way as long as she's interesting, I'm quite content.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Buuuut.. her guitar just screams "I HAVE A SCOLIPEDE!!!"..
am I the only one that thinks so? T.T

I agree! Perhaps if they were to replace gym leaders this could indicate Burgh could be replaced? I mean, I don't think Gamefreak will have give two gym leaders the same pokemon, I mean, that's just boring imo; we need variety! But yeah I was going to comment on that; just didn't know which pokemon it related to haha.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years

I agree! Perhaps if they were to replace gym leaders this could indicate Burgh could be replaced? I mean, I don't think Gamefreak will have give two gym leaders the same pokemon, I mean, that's just boring imo; we need variety! But yeah I was going to comment on that; just didn't know which pokemon it related to haha.

Yees! Replacing Burgh is something I dream about @.@
I never liked bug gyms.
They were.. too easy XD

A good poison gym should be better :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Lol I think the whole Burgh vs Homika debate about who will have Scolipede is a fair point, but Castelia City is still around so I don't think Burgh will be going anywhere. Although he did seem somewhat bored of gym battles... Scolipede however I think does belong as a Bug type rather than Poison. No matter how much I love it, I just can't see it being treated that much as a Poison type considering its a huge centipede that bases its strategies around Bug type moves. Are there any other Pokemon like this?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Well her team pretty much guaranties a Trubish or garbador but the rest is a mystery. If it's all gens then it could have anything from Weezing-Drapion. It's really tough to guess at this point.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I found a new picture!

Black_2_White_2_Homika.png

-counts the strings- OH WOW SHE PLAYS BASS

But yeah, until that picture I never realized how much her guitar does in fact look like a Scolipede. If she uses a Scolipede that implies that she won't be the first gym as its a pretty advanced Pokemon for that stage? I'm quite curious what else she'd use though. I'm almost thinking Trubbish due to how her hair is tied up like a rubbish bag, but who knows haha. Do you think its likely she'll have a previous generation Pokemon?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
. Do you think its likely she'll have a previous generation Pokemon?
yes
off of the top of my head there's only one pure poison type familly in gen V and only three famillies in all. Unless they are the first or second leader battled then they usually have more than three species of pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Okay so we now know Homika has a Koffing due to newly released pictures! I'm pretty happy with that, I think Koffing suits her very well. But what about her second Pokemon? Having an unevolved Pokemon like Koffing somewhat implies that she won't be strong enough to have a Scolipede (she only has two Pokemon in the battle image and Burgh has 3, implying Homika will be before him and his Whirlipede), so hopefully she'll still have something cool. Her guitar just could be from her passion of that Poison family? Maybe she'll have two Generation 1 Pokemon ;o So basically:

What do you think Homika's second Pokemon will be?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Okay so we now know Homika has a Koffing due to newly released pictures! I'm pretty happy with that, I think Koffing suits her very well. But what about her second Pokemon? Having an unevolved Pokemon like Koffing somewhat implies that she won't be strong enough to have a Scolipede (she only has two Pokemon in the battle image and Burgh has 3, implying Homika will be before him and his Whirlipede), so hopefully she'll still have something cool. Her guitar just could be from her passion of that Poison family? Maybe she'll have two Generation 1 Pokemon ;o So basically:

yes Koffing! I have a feeling that she will be the first Gym leader but if she isn't then Gym leaders like having two of the same family so Weezing? If not well it could be any poison type although I think we can discount pokemon like Beedrill and Gastly. I still think Trubbish is quite likely

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

I am actually really hoping it's gonna be Trubbish. It's such an underrated Pokémon, which has most likely already been said here, and I think she's gonna be an early gym leader, due to a first stage evolution Pokémon, and since Trubbish is also a first stage Pokémon, it makes perfect sense \o/

Other than that I'm hoping Gastly or Haunter, for her to have a Kanto based team, since that would be awesome :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh I really do hope it is Trubbish, that'd be amazing. :3 Honestly I think her having a solely Kanto-based team is unlikely, mainly based on how much they developers seem to be focused on the new generation Pokemon being awesome and such. Trubbish has had barely any good press though (both Trubbish and Garbodor were even pretty derpy in their anime appearances) and I don't think the idea was for them to be hated this much, so I am certainly expecting a Trubbish or Garbodor on her team as a way of pumping some good vibes back into the two Pokemon.

Coincidentally, what do you guys think about how Poison types get portrayed in the anime? I think most of them get portrayed really badly tbh, they should be seen as interesting, unique and powerful Pokemon, but instead they always get derpy annoying roles whilst other Pokemon take over. D:

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Coincidentally, what do you guys think about how Poison types get portrayed in the anime? I think most of them get portrayed really badly tbh, they should be seen as interesting, unique and powerful Pokemon, but instead they always get derpy annoying roles whilst other Pokemon take over. D:
I don't see them being treated diffrently than any other types really. Team Rocket's Arbok and Weezing lost a lot, yeah, but it was more because they were the bad guys then their typing other then that both were shown to be loyal and (supposedly?) strong pokemon. Remember Ash's Muk? That thing won Ash a few tricky battles including a really tough Bellsprout (also poison type) which had already KOed Ash's mighty Bulbasaur (also poison type).
There are kinds of pokemon like Trubbish that may be kinda derpy but not the type as a whole. Would you say all water types are shown wrong because of Slowpoke or Misty's Psyduck ?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What do you guys think about how Poison types get portrayed in the anime?

Well to say the least, all of them are being put in bad lights kinda. I mean, Poison Pokémon are always being seen as evil, and I can see a point in that, but for some reason they always end up on Team Rocket's teams, where they are just destined to lose every single battle, so they are kinda being shown as weak too.

Once they show them outside of Team Rockets team, it's usually something tame, like with Trubbish and the playground in the B/W anime.

So yeah, I think they're being portrayed pretty badly.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
What do you guys think about how Poison types get portrayed in the anime?

Well to say the least, all of them are being put in bad lights kinda. I mean, Poison Pokémon are always being seen as evil, and I can see a point in that, but for some reason they always end up on Team Rocket's teams, where they are just destined to lose every single battle, so they are kinda being shown as weak too.

Once they show them outside of Team Rockets team, it's usually something tame, like with Trubbish and the playground in the B/W anime.

So yeah, I think they're being portrayed pretty badly.

This. It is either being too evil or being too cute. The badassery of these poison types are always... absent. I mean, let's look at some badass Poison types. Nidoking. Used by Gary and it easily went down. Zubat family. Used by every freaking rocket. Roserade. Where is she anyway? On drew's team? They are all gone.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Remember Ash's Muk? That thing won Ash a few tricky battles including a really tough Bellsprout (also poison type) which had already KOed Ash's mighty Bulbasaur (also poison type).
Ash's Muk certainly was an exception to the Poison types being shown badly concept, but I think with Bulbasaur it's more a case of that being a starter Pokemon so it automatically does well in Ash's care x] But yeah you do have a point here haha.

I agree with this completely :3 They're always shown to be bad guys, eg when Trubbish is being mean in the preschool; when Amoonguss attacks Ash's friend in the woods; when Grimer/Muk take over the Psyduck pond; when Venipede swarmed over Castelia City; etc. You barely ever see none Poison (or Dark) type Pokemon doing this kinda stuff! D: It certainly doesn't help their image at least :p

It is either being too evil or being too cute. The badassery of these poison types are always... absent. I mean, let's look at some badass Poison types. Nidoking. Used by Gary and it easily went down. Zubat family. Used by every freaking rocket. Roserade. Where is she anyway? On drew's team? They are all gone.
Hmm, I'm not sure I completely agree here :3 Nidoking I certainly agree with, but Brock's Zubat family and Croagunk were both pretty badass, as well as Ash's Muk and Dawn's Grimer when she was lent one. And I don't really remember much of Drew's Roserade but when Roserade featured in Floaroma town it was more than awesome after it got its confidence back :3 But yeah, other than these examples I can't think of many other badass Poison types other than ones in Pokemon Gyms haha.

Is this necessarily a bad thing though? Maybe it's a good thing to have a type to be known as something of an "evil" type? Especially when it's a type associated with poison and toxic and acid and death; maybe Poison types should work towards this image? :p

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
They're always shown to be bad guys, eg when Trubbish is being mean in the preschool; when Amoonguss attacks Ash's friend in the woods; when Grimer/Muk take over the Psyduck pond; when Venipede swarmed over Castelia City; etc. You barely ever see none Poison (or Dark) type Pokemon doing this kinda stuff! D: It certainly doesn't help their image at least :p
I disagree. Gyarados, Electrode, Electabuzz, Ursaring and Fearow are frequent Antagonistic mons, even Onix gets its moments. In the very first episode its a flock of spearow who attack Ash and Pikachu rather than Golbat (as a flying poison). Meowth is the most common foe for the heroes and he's a normal type. If we look at team rocket's pokemon in the anime they're not as heavily poison as you'd think, its just Arbok and Weezing are the most remembered.
Meowth- normal
Arbok- poison
Weezing- poison
Victreebel- grass/poison
Lickitung- Normal
Wobuffet- psychic
Serviper- poison
Chimecho- psychic
Cacnea- grass
Dustox- Bug/Poison
Mime jr.- psychic
Carnivine- grass
Yanmega- bug/flying
Woobat- flying/psychic
Yanmask- ghost
so that is 5/15 of those only 3 are pure poison.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I disagree. Gyarados, Electrode, Electabuzz, Ursaring and Fearow are frequent Antagonistic mons, even Onix gets its moments. In the very first episode its a flock of spearow who attack Ash and Pikachu rather than Golbat (as a flying poison). Meowth is the most common foe for the heroes and he's a normal type. If we look at team rocket's pokemon in the anime they're not as heavily poison as you'd think, its just Arbok and Weezing are the most remembered.
Spoiler:

so that is 5/15 of those only 3 are pure poison.
I agree with what you're saying, but I think it's important to remember that there are only a small number of Poison type Pokémon so not that many can actually be used in this way x] But yeah I think I did give them a bit of an unfair claim about being constantly evil/useless!

So what Poison types are people planning to use in their next play-throughs? I'm doing a Nuzlocke on Pearl at the moment so I can't really plan to use any, but I certainly hope I come across some! I'd like to hopefully catch a Grimer, a Wheezing, a Stunky and a Gulpin, but A) I'm not sure where these Pokémon actually are and B) I don't get to choose them in Nuzlocke. xD So yeah that's kinda annoying, but I really want to use some soon!

Plus I wish there were more Poison types... There really aren't all that many; do you guys think there should be more? :3

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
So what Poison types are people planning to use in their next play-throughs? I'm doing a Nuzlocke on Pearl at the moment so I can't really plan to use any, but I certainly hope I come across some! I'd like to hopefully catch a Grimer, a Wheezing, a Stunky and a Gulpin, but A) I'm not sure where these Pokémon actually are and B) I don't get to choose them in Nuzlocke. xD So yeah that's kinda annoying, but I really want to use some soon!

Plus I wish there were more Poison types... There really aren't all that many; do you guys think there should be more? :3
Weezing is one for Ruby version and I can never go a playthrough of HG without Victreebel, when it learns Leaf Blade you just can't beat it. I usually go for Stunky in Diamond but maybe next time I won't just for variety...
Actually poison type is one of the most common with gen 1 having almost 1/4 of them poison, it's just every since gen 1 they've been less and less. I'd agree about needing more pure poison types though. Off the top of my head there's on Arbok, Muk, Weezing, Nidorans (but they grow out of it), Serviper, Swalot and Garbodor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back