• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
Hello!

I'd really like to try making a hack by myself too, but unfortunately quite every programme (including yours) is only for Windows and not for Macintosh... Do you plan making programmes for Mac too?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2010
XSE Error message

I was attempting to write a simple give item/pokemon script (separately, but they both give the same message) im using Leaf Green.

disregard the specifics, the error reads:

"Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2"

when i compile it.

The script:

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x3200
if b_true goto $alreadygotone
message $poke - ?whats wrong with me?
$poke 1 = Do you want a pokemon?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $get
message $toobad
$toobad 1 =Darn!
boxset 6
release
end

#org $get
lock
messge $get1
$get1 1 =Alright here you go!
boxset 6
givepokemon xx xx 0
message $received
$received 1 = PLAYER recieved a Pokemon!
boxset 6
setflag 0x3200
release
end

#org $alreadygotone
lock
faceplayer
message $how
$how 1 =How is my Pokemon?
boxset 6
release
end

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Now my favorite toolbox. I gonna try XSE it looks great!

Hello!

I'd really like to try making a hack by myself too, but unfortunately quite every programme (including yours) is only for Windows and not for Macintosh... Do you plan making programmes for Mac too?

Honestly I don't plan to for now, sorry. However, if you are running an Intel Mac, you might want to read this.

I was attempting to write a simple give item/pokemon script (separately, but they both give the same message) im using Leaf Green.

disregard the specifics, the error reads:

"Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2"

when i compile it.

The script:

Spoiler:

This is not the right place to ask, you know? There's a Script Help thread just for such problems. XSE is not PokeScript, obviously. Here's the fixed version:

Spoiler:

Years
Hey Hackmew, I've downloaded Advanced Trainer, and im the same situation as some previous to me, When I open a Clean ROM of FireRed I get the Error,

"Run-time error '9'

Subscript out of range"

If you already have the solution to this problem, it would nice if you could link it to me.

Last edited:

Bz

*trying to lick elbow*
Years
Amazing tools

These tools helped me so much. Can u make one that does something like A-Text does? A-Text never works on my computer, and besides, i like ur tools better :-)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey Hackmew, I've downloaded Advanced Trainer, and im the same situation as some previous to me, When I open a Clean ROM of FireRed I get the Error,

"Run-time error '9'

Subscript out of range"

If you already have the solution to this problem, it would nice if you could link it to me.

Next time, you should use the search function, or at least looking at the last pages.
The solution was already posted here.

These tools helped me so much. Can u make one that does something like A-Text does? A-Text never works on my computer, and besides, i like ur tools better :-)

Well, I don't really see the need. If you can't get A-Text to work (probably some .OCX file that are missing, I guess) you can always use any hex editor which can support tables.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
Years
Run Time Error 9.

How can I fix run-time error '9'?

Error Message: "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range"

It happens when I try to open a ROM, no matter which one. (R/S/E, FR/LG) I've had this problem for the past few days. This is A-Trainer I'm having problems with. :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2010
Thanks

This is not the right place to ask, you know? There's a Script Help Thread just for such problems. XSE is not PokeScript, obviously. Here's the fixed version:

Spoiler:

Sorry for my missed location, and misunderstanding, it worked, thank you. And thanks for fixing the script, an added bonus. I'm starting to understand XSE now, mucho gratias.

Kentai

Game Designer (Multitasking)
Years
gosh this is like a toybox to me. I've been using almost all the tools over and over again to enhance my games here and there.
I couldn't have done that without your help. Thanks so much for so many wonderfull tools!

sy,
Kentai

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
First of all, thank you so much for your tools, I don't know what I'd do without them. (Just like nearly every other ROM hacker on the site.)

Second, is your Comprehensive Scripting Guide for XSE available online anywhere? I'm using XSE through Darwine on a Mac, and it says that I need to download Gecko to get it to work, and gives me a link to install. The Gecko installer doesn't work, so I can't access the guide. All I get is a message that says "HTML rendering is currently disabled." Is there any other way I could access the guide?

(Alternatively, if there are any tutorials anywhere that describe how to use wildbattle2 and what its fourth parameter does, that would make me just as happy. But it wouldn't be as useful in the long term.)

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
First off, I would like to thank you sincerely for these great tools. They are indeed very helpful. Though I still have this question with A-Trainer. I'm still wondering how to give certain trainers their own battle theme in Fire Red. How do you change it?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2009
Overworld Editor Won't Work!

I have Windows XP and have tried downloading Overworld Editor from everywhere trying to make it work. No matter what I do, put it in the folder with the roms, download it to the desktop, everything! It never works. Alll I get is this message that says:

Error 63 (Bad record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor

Back