• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

KentuckyFried

The World Needs More Trubbish
Years
They're definitely going to bring it back for Gen 7, since it was such an adored feature for X and Y. I don't think that they're being lazy by not adding it to ORAS, per say, they could have easily added in outfits if they wanted to. But to keep it classic Ruby and Sapphire, we didn't have the outfits back then. So I think it would deduct points off of the nostalgia factor.

I think it was also mentioned that the fashion customization in X and Y was to highlight the French culture. Hoenn don't got Frenchies.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I would of at least liked the ability to dye their current outfits, at least have them be dyed green and blue.

Years
I feel like the games wont have any customization. My reason: because it was so big in Pokemon X and Y. People loved the customization, it was reason one why I got the game, that they might just keep it in the Kalos Region. Also it probably took a lot of time and coding, cant forget the coding, to do that. With all the new things that are being offered in Alpha and Omega it might not happen.

But I do really really hope that I at least get to take the guys hat off, I hate his hat with a passion, or at least let me change the color. It makes me think he has white hair and its just goofy looking.

If they do bring the customization back into these games I agree with most people I really hope for more summer-like clothing and of course more for the men!!

Years
I feel like the games wont have any customization. My reason: because it was so big in Pokemon X and Y. People loved the customization, it was reason one why I got the game, that they might just keep it in the Kalos Region. Also it probably took a lot of time and coding, cant forget the coding, to do that. With all the new things that are being offered in Alpha and Omega it might not happen.

But I do really really hope that I at least get to take the guys hat off, I hate his hat with a passion, or at least let me change the color. It makes me think he has white hair and its just goofy looking.

If they do bring the customization back into these games I agree with most people I really hope for more summer-like clothing and of course more for the men!!

It was already confirmed the games will lack customization, and I do feel it is unfortunate for those who hate Brendan and/or May's designs (I think Brendan gets more hated than May from what I've read) but I'm sure they might bring customization back in a future generation because it was a very popular feature in X & Y.

Brendan and May's designs are iconic in the eyes of Game Freak which explains the customization no-show.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You know even if I justify this move, for the reason Hikamaru posted, I wonder if they would be crazy enough to lie about this. What I mean is, what if customization does happen, but with Amiibo support? Buy this new Brendan/May figure and get a new haircut plus all these clothes! Buy all 10 Brendan/Mays and get all the clothes you can get! Oh and here's a Pokemon Trainer Red figure to dress like the original Pokemon Master! It would work, people would fall for it, and GF would be richer.

Years
You know even if I justify this move, for the reason Hikamaru posted, I wonder if they would be crazy enough to lie about this. What I mean is, what if customization does happen, but with Amiibo support? Buy this new Brendan/May figure and get a new haircut plus all these clothes! Buy all 10 Brendan/Mays and get all the clothes you can get! Oh and here's a Pokemon Trainer Red figure to dress like the original Pokemon Master! It would work, people would fall for it, and GF would be richer.

Are you thinking of those games like Skylanders or Disney Infinity which involve using special figurines to get characters to appear in the game? Don't know how Pokemon would implement something like that but it would be interesting.

I know the reason Brendan's new design gets hated might be because of the hat, or his clothing resembling a wetsuit but his original design was fairly liked. May's designs I think are all liked equally given she's a more tomboyish female protagonist. But if we saw something like this I'd definitely like to see their RS and Emerald clothing as a possibility.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I really don't mind this at all. Im fine with May's look anyways. But I do hope they bring back the customization in future games. It's pretty simple to see why they got rid of the customization. It's a remake. There was never any cothing stores in Hoenn to begin with. But I think it's mostly pushed towards it being a Remake

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Actually it would be possible for Pokemon to use amiibo since the New 3DS can scan amiibos.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Are you thinking of those games like Skylanders or Disney Infinity which involve using special figurines to get characters to appear in the game? Don't know how Pokemon would implement something like that but it would be interesting.

I know the reason Brendan's new design gets hated might be because of the hat, or his clothing resembling a wetsuit but his original design was fairly liked. May's designs I think are all liked equally given she's a more tomboyish female protagonist. But if we saw something like this I'd definitely like to see their RS and Emerald clothing as a possibility.
Yeah something like that. Implementation would work like I said. Collect the figures, unlock clothing options, nothing more nothing less. Its the cheapest form of Amiibo usage that I can think of, and the only real use for em, except maybe for team saving.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
After so much time without customization, you kinda don't miss it when it's removed from a further game. But would it have been so hard for them to add some boutiques to Hoenn?

I think player customization was a great idea because, in a Pokémon game, you're really playing as yourself, not Brendan/May. That's why you're able to name your character, and that's why it was such a big deal when Crystal included a female playable character. Customization added to that feeling of being in the game world even further. And now they inexplicably remove it.

It's not the first, though. Pokémon that followed you was a requested feature for years, they added it to HGSS, and it hasn't come back since. Sounds like GF not always listens to the fans.

Years
It was already confirmed the games will lack customization, and I do feel it is unfortunate for those who hate Brendan and/or May's designs (I think Brendan gets more hated than May from what I've read) but I'm sure they might bring customization back in a future generation because it was a very popular feature in X & Y.

Brendan and May's designs are iconic in the eyes of Game Freak which explains the customization no-show.

Its true, that Brendan and May's design is iconic along with every other character before that. I just cant stand Brendan's hat. Its the only part of his design I hate. Im just going to miss the customization but I will gladly trade it off for new features. Hopefully in the future generations they have customization but I still think it will only be in the Kalos region.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Even if they couldn't had costumes for them beside the contest one, they had a chance to at least offer different color for their outfits. At least getting a Blue and Green alternate color to fit with Sapphire and Emerald colors.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That would have been a pretty nice idea; they could have kept those alternate outfit in May and Brendan's house closet (or something along the lines), if they wish, and perhaps even allow us to carry these things in our backpack so that when we visit certain places--Pokémon Center and our own home, for example--we would be able to switch without any worry.

Back