• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Arceus wasn't distributed until the Remakes which were still done in the same year as his release.

What he's trying to say is, Genesect and Meloetta are both being released for Pokemon B2W2 and Keldeo was released for Pokemon B/W. Arceus was released for HG/SS.

Since all the hidden legends are officially released, there isn't any point in prolonging Generation 5 anymore.

That's what he's saying.

To poster above, Remakes are always for the games that start the Generation. Which was why international got Fire Red and Leaf Green despite Green not being released outside of Japan. Which was why I keep saying that the remakes would be original R/S stories. Magma would get their Mountain Base. Opposite Legend would appear for the fight scene that is stopped by Rayquaza and then the opposite would disappear.

This way they can incorporate Emerald's small add ons into the remakes without making 2 emeralds.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Arceus wasn't distributed until the Remakes which were still done in the same year as his release.

What he's trying to say is, Genesect and Meloetta are both being released for Pokemon B2W2 and Keldeo was released for Pokemon B/W. Arceus was released for HG/SS.

Since all the hidden legends are officially released, there isn't any point in prolonging Generation 5 anymore.

That's what he's saying.

To poster above, Remakes are always for the games that start the Generation. Which was why international got Fire Red and Leaf Green despite Green not being released outside of Japan. Which was why I keep saying that the remakes would be original R/S stories. Magma would get their Mountain Base. Opposite Legend would appear for the fight scene that is stopped by Rayquaza and then the opposite would disappear.

This way they can incorporate Emerald's small add ons into the remakes without making 2 emeralds.

So if gen 6 doesn't come out in 2013 do you suggest it's better for us not to have a main pokemon game then?
Hey if I had choice between remakes in 2013 and gen 6 I'd 120% go with gen 6. Bring it.
But if my choices are either prolonging gen 5 till 2013 or have a year without a main pokemon game will the choice is obvious isn't it ?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

It really screams "BW2 Key system" to me whenever its pointed out that Emeralds changes are so minor they could be pushed into RS.

Basically, an Emerald key would change the version exclusives, shuffle around the Magma/Aqua grunts where necessary (allow entry to both HQs), and obviously have an epic Emerald-style legendary scene at Sootopolis. Along with gym/E4 roster improvements.

The BW2 keys do all of these things, changing rooms, switching whole maps including NPCs and events, adjusting traner rosters.

It seems like such an obvious and elegant solution, without having to mess with the legendary encounter of RS.

The other option looks like the following to me:
33b1tom.png

I mean the legendary encounter at Sootopolis is the crucial part. If I see Kyogre and Groudon fight in Ruby (also, a big wtf not being able to find Kyogre later when I saw it right there) and then an awesome cutscene with Rayquaza coming down from the sky ala "guise gtfo 2 sleep", I'll be like "screw Groudon, its Rayquaza!!"

So if gen 6 doesn't come out in 2013 do you suggest it's better for us not to have a main pokemon game then?
Hey if I had choice between remakes in 2013 and gen 6 I'd 120% go with gen 6. Bring it.
But if my choices are either prolonging gen 5 till 2013 or have a year without a main pokemon game will the choice is obvious isn't it ?

For gamefreak its not such a direct choice. They have been either working on something thats gonna be finished soon or not. The only thing we can be sure of is that it will be an actual 3DS game.

I still don't see how having a Hoenn game as the first proper 3DS main series game is a problem, at all.
If the 6th gen can come after gen 5 (lol), then something else can too. Both face the same "compatibility issues".

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It doesn't matter whether the first game for the 3DS is Gen 6 or an RS remake; it WILL sell, infact a remake could possibly generate a higher revenue going by factors such as the amount of people wanting remakes, who loved Ruby & Sapphire originally etc. However it's just down to Game Freak at the end of it all, they could chose to change the order of how they release their games to make the trend less predictable but I'm pretty sure they're always working on game, for example they could have been working on Ruby & Sapphire remakes since the release of Black & White (Since these are completely new games needing a complete graphic overhaul) or not too long after since B2W2 didn't require as much development as Black & White since it was a smaller project granted that they were sequels.

So they could be half way through with the remakes at this current point in time and by the time they announce them which IMO will most likely be spring 2013, they would have finished the main aspects of the games allowing them to start work on Gen 6 which would, again going by how things have gone in the past be released in 2014.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
You all forgot about the god stone, they didn't put it in BW/2 coding for nothing,
if Hoenn remakes is in gen VI the next game is probably about the god stone.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
It doesn't matter whether the first game for the 3DS is Gen 6 or an RS remake; it WILL sell, infact a remake could possibly generate a higher revenue going by factors such as the amount of people wanting remakes, who loved Ruby & Sapphire originally etc.

Wow, I just realized something while reading your post.
RSE could be an awesome 3DS seller to set the stage for even better sales of gen 6.

I'm now convinced we will see Hoenn in some form in the next game.

Btw, note that Junichi Masuda (director of BW1 and the games before) gave the role of director for BW2 to Takao Unno.
That, along with how they usually work on 2 projects simultaneously, makes me believe they've been working on an upcoming 3DS game after they were done with BW1.

You all forgot about the god stone, they didn't put it in BW/2 coding for nothing,
if Hoenn remakes is in gen VI the next game is probably about the god stone.

Im confident the god stone was merely a prototype event item that was then scrapped in favor of a Black/White stone when they figured out the details for the plot of BW1.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The differences between Cartridges is out standing , and I'm absolutely can't wait for a pokemon game on a 3ds cartridge I mean 8gb maximum compared to 512mb?!?!?! Bring it on.
But let me ask you do you honestly thing they could use the full potential of the 3ds (excluding 3d graphics) on the remakes and still keep it on the same gen as BW2? To me the differences between the DS and the 3ds is sooo great it's would of been like haveing a pokemon game on the DS be compatible with a pokemon game on the game boy color. Since you can't increase the capability of the game boy game your gonna have to decrease capability of the DS game to match the gameboy color game.
So if we get a gen 5 RS remakes on the 3ds game freak wouldn't be able to fully use the 3ds awesome capabilities . So where I'm coming from either but the gen 5 game on DS and wait less than 365 days and start the 3ds with a new gen of pokemon that can use the 3ds to the fullest , or just wait to put the remakes on gen 6. To be honest I don't want a 3ds pokemon game for the sake of having a 3ds pokemon game. If they are gonna do it, they need to do it right. And to me the only way to do it right is on gen 6.

But why do the next games have to be gen 5? It's not impossible for gen 6 to start with remakes. And while I understand that you'd want to have a Pokemon game a year, remember: quality over quantity. I can get impatient over matters such as these but honestly, if the options are between two not-as-steller Pokemon games and one over-the-top-amazing Pokemon game, well, why would you want the series to falter?

Sirfetch’d

But why do the next games have to be gen 5? It's not impossible for gen 6 to start with remakes. And while I understand that you'd want to have a Pokemon game a year, remember: quality over quantity. I can get impatient over matters such as these but honestly, if the options are between two not-as-steller Pokemon games and one over-the-top-amazing Pokemon game, well, why would you want the series to falter?

New pokemon is what makes a new generation. A generation will not start with remakes. They will be considered gen 5 if they are next.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
New pokemon is what makes a new generation. A generation will not start with remakes. They will be considered gen 5 if they are next.

I see where you're coming from, and I also don't think the next games will be remakes, but did anyone from Game Freak actually definite that, or is that a fan-created idea? Game Freak does not work by fan-created ideas. It was a fan-created idea that all gens had to have a third version, after all.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021

I don't mean to sound inpatient here. Even tho its been stated countless times GF doesn't follow patterns , but I was just going by the Japanese release dates that took place in gen 4
You know
Main games year 1
Year 2 no games
Year 3 third games
Year 4 remakes
Year 5 next gen

We are coming close to year 4 that's why I'd assumed we'd be getting some type of main game.

And like I stated in my post the remakes DOESN'T have to be gen 5. All I ever stated was that all gen 5 main games should stay on the same platform .

And I agree with the hopie guy it really all depends on what games freak has been working on

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

There is 2 different levels of generations.
1.pokemon generations
this is the obvious one, where the pokedex is extended for another 100+ creatures, a new region featured, new legends, new story...
2.technical generation
this has to do with the handhelds engine, the graphics.. basically the shared style of a group of pokemon games (how they feel/look/sound)

So for example while BW&BW2 are the fifth pokemon generation, technically they were still the same style of game as all 5 games from the fourth generation.

Now give me any reason why a technical jump cannot happen without a new pokemon generation?
There is none.
To the contrary, we just had the opposite happen with BW, so the technical generations are one step behind right now and need to catch up.

If they make RSE-remakes/sequels/whatever for the 3DS after BW2, you can call them gen 5 as much as you want. They will start the technical fifth generation which would then probably last all the way through the 6th pokemon generation.

In other words, yes it would only feature 1-5th gen pokemon, but play/look/sound similar to the 6th gen games that would then follow.

Wheres the problem?

Of course all of this is just based on the assumption that RSE remakes are likely, and just makes it even more clear how much more elegant it would be to go to gen VI right away.

I just wrote a more thorough journal trying to go through the info and the options one by one 'here', for anyone interested.

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
The word "speculation" in the title should be replaced with "debate". This is literally just a discussion about whether or not the platform will be 3DS or DS and how they'll fit in with the rest of the series/which generation they'll be considered as.

In my opinion, the best way Game Freak can maximise the profitability of remakes (and also produce a top quality set of remade games) would be to remake Emerald (which is apparently superior to Ruby and Sapphire) and remake FireRed and LeafGreen (as one game) and pair them together, labelling them as "Gen III remakes". The original 151 Pokemon and original storyline are popular amongst non-Pokemon fans as well, and thus are likely to sell ridiculously well. And of course, Emerald remakes would be hugely popular too.

So yeah, Emerald remake + FR/LG remakes is definitely the best thing Game Freak could do remake-wise.

Sirfetch’d

There is 2 different levels of generations.
1.pokemon generations
this is the obvious one, where the pokedex is extended for another 100+ creatures, a new region featured, new legends, new story...
2.technical generation
this has to do with the handhelds engine, the graphics.. basically the shared style of a group of pokemon games (how they feel/look/sound)

So for example while BW&BW2 are the fifth pokemon generation, technically they were still the same style of game as all 5 games from the fourth generation.

Now give me any reason why a technical jump cannot happen without a new pokemon generation?
There is none.
To the contrary, we just had the opposite happen with BW, so the technical generations are one step behind right now and need to catch up.

If they make RSE-remakes/sequels/whatever for the 3DS after BW2, you can call them gen 5 as much as you want. They will start the technical fifth generation which would then probably last all the way through the 6th pokemon generation.

In other words, yes it would only feature 1-5th gen pokemon, but play/look/sound similar to the 6th gen games that would then follow.

I understand what you are saying, but we go by the first one you have listed in which new Pokemon start a new generation. If we went by device we would consider B&W gen 3 because there was gameboy, then advance, then the ds. There are 5 generations of Pokemon and we go by that, not the device you play it on. Yes if they come on the 3ds those features would be carried over to generation six(assuming remakes come first), but generation 6 would not be officially recognized until new games with new Pokemon are released.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't mean to sound inpatient here. Even tho its been stated countless times GF doesn't follow patterns , but I was just going by the Japanese release dates that took place in gen 4
You know
Main games year 1
Year 2 no games
Year 3 third games
Year 4 remakes
Year 5 next gen

We are coming close to year 4 that's why I'd assumed we'd be getting some type of main game.

And like I stated in my post the remakes DOESN'T have to be gen 5. All I ever stated was that all gen 5 main games should stay on the same platform .

And I agree with the hopie guy it really all depends on what games freak has been working on

Major problem with your timeline. There are only 4 years between Generations from Gen 3 to 4 and 4 to 5. Your's is a 5 year gap.

Next issue, Gen 3 and Gen 4's remakes were released differently. FR/LG were released before Emerald while HG/SS were released after Platinum. While it doesn't play much support, this could mean that we may not get the Remakes at all or we could get them. A lot of it has to do with the next issue with the time line.

Last issue, Takao Unno and Junichi Masuda already said that the release order was just a coincidence. That was never planned. When they finish one game they start on the next with no between planning (This is a guess since it sounded like they didn't plan anything about B/W until they actually started on the games.)

As for Techincal vs Pokemon Generations.

Pokemon HG/SS was better quality graphics than D/P/Pt. I only say this because of the cinematic parts with Lugia/Ho-oh which were used in Gen 5 for Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram. So by that technicality, HG/SS would be Gen 5 by technical workings. This obviously isn't true.

Yes, a new Generation is defined when a New Pokemon game with a New Region and new Pokemon are released. Anything before that is released with-in the last generation. Like how all the 3DS games are Gen 5 despite vastly different systems.

Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald were all released in the same year too.

Gen 3 also had a funky set. Ruby/Sapphire were released in 2002. Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald were all released in 2004, 2 years later. Then there was nothing in 2005.

Gen 4 came out in 2006. We had nothing in 2007. 2008 We got Platinum. 2009 Ended Gen 4 with Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Black and White came out in 2010.

So there isn't even a defined timeline to follow.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Major problem with your timeline. There are only 4 years between Generations from Gen 3 to 4 and 4 to 5. Your's is a 5 year gap.

Next issue, Gen 3 and Gen 4's remakes were released differently. FR/LG were released before Emerald while HG/SS were released after Platinum. While it doesn't play much support, this could mean that we may not get the Remakes at all or we could get them. A lot of it has to do with the next issue with the time line.

Last issue, Takao Unno and Junichi Masuda already said that the release order was just a coincidence. That was never planned. When they finish one game they start on the next with no between planning (This is a guess since it sounded like they didn't plan anything about B/W until they actually started on the games.)

As for Techincal vs Pokemon Generations.

Pokemon HG/SS was better quality graphics than D/P/Pt. I only say this because of the cinematic parts with Lugia/Ho-oh which were used in Gen 5 for Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram. So by that technicality, HG/SS would be Gen 5 by technical workings. This obviously isn't true.

Yes, a new Generation is defined when a New Pokemon game with a New Region and new Pokemon are released. Anything before that is released with-in the last generation. Like how all the 3DS games are Gen 5 despite vastly different systems.

Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald were all released in the same year too.

Gen 3 also had a funky set. Ruby/Sapphire were released in 2002. Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald were all released in 2004, 2 years later. Then there was nothing in 2005.

Gen 4 came out in 2006. We had nothing in 2007. 2008 We got Platinum. 2009 Ended Gen 4 with Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Black and White came out in 2010.

So there isn't even a defined timeline to follow.

It wasn't a 5 year gap the 5th year is when a new gen would come out as in
06 year 1 DP
07 year 2 no game
08 year 3 PlAt
09 year 4 remakes
10 year 5 BW

As I said before I'm well aware GF doesn't follow patterns I'm just basing my beliefs on the previous gens timeline , which for now is the only thing we can go on. And I'm aware that the timeline may not be applied to this gen

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually you can't base it off previous Generations. Which was what I was trying to say. Takao Unno and Junichi Masuda said it was just a coincidence that they happened to release that way. There is no pattern.

That's kinda the whole point in the "Oh no we didn't release these this way intentionally. They just fell this way." thing I keep bringing up.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Actually you can't base it off previous Generations. Which was what I was trying to say. Takao Unno and Junichi Masuda said it was just a coincidence that they happened to release that way. There is no pattern.

That's kinda the whole point in the "Oh no we didn't release these this way intentionally. They just fell this way." thing I keep bringing up.

I'm not sure your actually reading my post before you quote them lol I clearly said twice that I know there's no pattern and the release dates for gen 4 Probably won't apply here and that I was using it as a model . Lol pay attention

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm saying you can't use it as a model. The creators already said that that info is false. Using it as a model makes the entire thing wrong. Pulling an idea and making a statement from false information makes both the statement and every idea from it false as well.

There is nothing we can go by to set up what will be next. The creators already said that they do not release games in any specific way. They start on the next as soon as they finish the current and they release the games when they are done with them. There is nothing to base what will come next off of.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm saying you can't use it as a model. The creators already said that that info is false. Using it as a model makes the entire thing wrong. Pulling an idea and making a statement from false information makes both the statement and every idea from it false as well.

There is nothing we can go by to set up what will be next. The creators already said that they do not release games in any specific way. They start on the next as soon as they finish the current and they release the games when they are done with them. There is nothing to base what will come next off of.

By your logic then why discuss a remake? For that matter why can't there be an emrald remake. You state that can't be because that's not how they do yet in the same breath you say people can't use a model for release dates . By your logic we shouldn't have any discussion at all because using something as simple as relase date makes every idea that comes from it false then at least 80% of these post are wrong. Kind of a trollish attitude my friend. If the free markets and FEMA used your logic this country would be completely SCREWED lol.
This is a speculation thread
Speculation-guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
wordnetweb.princeton

So your basically faulting me from doing what this thread was meant to do lol
Give me a break my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back