• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
So, this may be a stupid question and have a really easy answer.

If i have a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heartgold/SoulSilver, White/Black save, how can i transfer Pokemon from those games onto my Black2/White2 ? Is it possible ?

Thanks !

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
What are good moves to use in the first Timegate Traveler movie in Pokestar Studios?? Thief one?

To get a strange ending for that particular movie, I selected "Your mistake!" and then proceeded to KO the machine on the 2nd turn(with a resisted move, not sure if it mattered). So for Growlithe try KOing it with Crunch, Outrage, or Aerial Ace.

Let me know how that works out for you!

So, this may be a stupid question and have a really easy answer.

If i have a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heartgold/SoulSilver, White/Black save, how can i transfer Pokemon from those games onto my Black2/White2 ? Is it possible ?

Thanks !

Not a stupid question! To transfer from any 4th gen game (D/P/Pt, HS/SS) you need to use the PokeTransfer feature located in a building on Route 15. To transfer from B/W1 you need to trade between yourself using the IR feature. Both take 2 DS systems.

If you don't have a second DS, you'd have to trade with someone or use a third-party GTS website like PokeCheck.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Did you calculate for 508 total EVs? I'm pretty sure she only says "the pokemon put in a good effort" if it has 510 EVs.

I seem too be counting wayy too low or something. or the EVs on Serebii are outdated.

When does she mention a particular stat that is good.

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Not a stupid question! To transfer from any 4th gen game (D/P/Pt, HS/SS) you need to use the PokeTransfer feature located in a building on Route 15. To transfer from B/W1 you need to trade between yourself using the IR feature. Both take 2 DS systems.

If you don't have a second DS, you'd have to trade with someone or use a third-party GTS website like PokeCheck.

Okay, that helps. So you're saying that i need 2 DS's to be assured I get my Pokemon

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Adrian - If you mean mentioning whether or not IVs are good, the IV checker is located in the battle subway. He's the Ace Trainer right there closest to you upon entry.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Why does the billboard at gates not show any Pokémon swarms/outbreaks sometimes? I thought it was supposed to be a daily event.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Swarms only happen in the post-game, so after beating the Elite Four and Champion.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I finished the game already. X) The problem is that once in a while, one of the days the billboard doesn't show up any swarm.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Have you done something with the clock? Like re-setting or something?
Clock-based events won't happen for a bit if you do that.

Oh yeah, I did change the date a few days ago. I did it two times this month separately, and there was no swarm on two separate days, so I believe that's the case. Thanks! :)

(That was also on the same day that the 24 hour penalty prohibiting me from going to the Dream World was apparently lifted.)

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Oh yeah, I did change the date a few days ago. I did it two times this month separately, and there was no swarm on two separate days, so I believe that's the case. Thanks! :)

(That was also on the same day that the 24 hour penalty prohibiting me from going to the Dream World was apparently lifted.)
Just for future reference, any time you change your time/dates on your DS or switch to a different DS you won't be able to use anything time-based for 24h to potentially a week in some cases.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
What's the point in decoding the writings in the abyssal ruins? Is there some big reward afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back