• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Knowing me when the PS4 comes out I'll be acquiring a PS3 because cheaper. Oops. Though it's not completely my fault that until beginning of next year there would have seriously been no games in which I haaaad to get a PS3.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Knowing me when the PS4 comes out I'll be acquiring a PS3 because cheaper. Oops. Though it's not completely my fault that until beginning of next year there would have seriously been no games in which I haaaad to get a PS3.

I feel a lot of people are gonna do that, actually. Which came, Tara? And I'll be getting a PS4 when I can afford it. Heh.

Also, I quite like the new username format. Just something about it.

Years
The new usernames are certainly a change that is gonna have to have time to get used to for a lot of members. I see things on a forum all the time that change and I've adjusted to such changes.

As for the PS3, it wouldn't surprise me if it came through like the PS2 with games still being in production for the system even far after the PS4 comes out.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

If I'm going to get a console, I'd be getting a Wii-U. The console really hit me and I like it. I tried it at my friend's place and it was awesome. I was never really a big fan of Sony after their first PlayStation. Xbox 360 was alright. Wii was good in my standards but I never bought one because the games didn't really appeal to me (And because my girlfriend got a Wii and I could just play it at her place instead of gettin one myself)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My name no longer is italic, so the operator symbols finally won't be messed up. [: I kind of like all of the usernames being black, as well.

As previously stated, I don't really play videogames anymore. Just Pokemon- and even at that, I really just use it for working toward a better trade shop haha. I recently lost redis rights to a couple of Pokemon, so I need to stop being lazy and get them myself.
Edit:
Found out from Tabor that it's only temporary *just* before our names changed back haha.

Last edited:

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
until developers figure out how to utilize the new generation consoles, i dont think the difference between this gen and next gen will be huge. the trailers didn't really impress me, but i guess there is a limit to how good graphics can get with current technology. ps3/360 will probably stay relevant for several more years. wii...lol

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
until developers figure out how to utilize the new generation consoles, i dont think the difference between this gen and next gen will be huge. the trailers didn't really impress me, but i guess there is a limit to how good graphics can get with current technology. ps3/360 will probably stay relevant for several more years. wii...lol

I'm really hoping that they'll integrate the PSVita somehow. There is so much stuff they can do with it! I can't wait! Especially that the Playstation is such an open market for indie-developers. I just know they'll make some cool stuff.
Same with the WiiU.. why are they only using it as a menu screen? Come on, Nintendo! You can do SO much more. And the fact that if your WiiU first player controller breaks.. you need to buy a whole new console? >_> That is very disappointing.

And graphics will never be as good on a console than a PC but Unity is doing quite a lot of cool stuff too.

Years
If anything, my next TV console is probably gonna be a WiiU, because I'm more of a Nintendo person than anything, but based on what I saw, the PS4 does indeed look promising and I would certainly get one. As for the Xbox One, I'm not as fond on it as I am the WiiU or the PS4, mainly because of the lack of emphasis on gaming from the keynote that Microsoft held to introduce it. But things may have changed since then for the Xbox One, so idk..

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

Also a real shame that most of the games that are top sellers on the TV consoles are mostly fps. Practically every new game that comes out are fps. Don't get me wrong, they have some great fps games. But I think there's just too many of them nowadays.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Like Mac, I own a Wii and a 360. I haven't touched my Wii in a really long time, though.

I'm still unsure of what I want to buy in regards to the PS4 and the Xbox One :/

:criesovernoformatting

Get a PS4. They removed the DRM from the XBone but I wouldn't trust them not to try it again later.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I've been mainly an Xbox gamer since its release and will continue considering they don't have a portable. I made up my mind awhile back though that I would be going handheld and having recently picked up a 3DS XL; am loving it! I will be getting a PS Vita too and the new Nvidia handheld named SHIELD or whatever. Yes, will be going with Xbox One as a home entertainment system, solely for exclusives I can't get elsewhere.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
WiiU is reminding me of the 3DS at launch. There wasn't much of a point in owning one til later...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd say so, but also a lot of great games have come out this year... cough Fire Emblem cough

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've enjoyed all the games (whether I was just watching or actually playing) that I've gotten for my 3DS so far. Though all of 'em except one came out this year, and the last one came out end of last year. So yeah. Took a while for the 3DS to gain games but now that it has them it's great imo. And I believe with games such as Pokemon X/Y coming out it can continue.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Pokemon X & Y are the bread and butter for the sales of a 3DS imo :)

I can't disagree with you on that point. The 3DS has other great games that attract players, but my decision on buying a 3DS XL came down to seeing gameplay for both Pokemon X and Y. I was hit with a yearning desire to capture those graphical creatures and begin my quest anew, almost 10 years since I was last in Kanto/Johto. ;)

Years
I will say I got my 3DS XL back in April in anticipation for X and Y, but so far I only own Heroes of Ruin, which was a game given to me by a friend. I would want to own more 3DS games, but I'm in agreement with those who say that X and Y will be a main motive for more gamers to own a 3DS or a 3DS XL.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I saw the Mario Kart game for the 3DS and I said to myself 'hmm, looks like a nice game, and not available on the DS. Maybe I should get myself a 3DS"
But when I saw Pokemon X & Y and it's availability on only the 3DS, I said to myself that I gotta get one now. I'm determined to get one before October :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
MK7 is a really, really good game! I really enjoy it. It was my first 3DS game n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back